Who do you think are going to be the biggest "Scrappies"?

There is no overkill against DLC and Lunatic. All Miriel has over Richt is one magic, speed and skill for bases. Richt needs two reclasses, but less level ups in order to get the skills he needs. The other class he needed to turn into was Demon Fighter, which levels fast like an unpromoted but is as strong as a promoted unit.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Brady's Confession? He may not be Azure Jerome or Chambrey, but I still think he's pretty good looking (not that transfers to usefulness, but hey)

I've seen. He's got a certain appeal depending on the person but I don't think he's what most people would call "hot". I like the guy regardless of what he looks like, anyway.

Henry's a funny guy so I'll probably use him at least one run. Miriel happened to remind me strongly of both Hermione and McGonagall, though, who are some of my favourites in HP, so I'd likely use her on the main team on most of my runs with maybe the exception of Lunatic/+ if the difficulty proves too much.

Edited by Fat Bunny

Why do people hate Sumia? ^^'

I can't speak for anyone else personally, but I don't like Sumia because ... well, I really don't think she belongs on a battlefield. Being a klutz itself doesn't bother me, but it says in her character description that she "feels as if she isn't up to the task because of it". I also heard she apologizes for attacking the enemy.

This isn't something I'd call good battlefield behavior. If you're a klutz, fine. But if you have such low self-esteem that you feel as if you aren't up to the task and you're going to be down on yourself because of it, you're hurting the team. If you must apologize to every enemy you attack, get out. Leave your sentiments behind. You cannot apologize to every enemy in your way.

Basically, from what I've seen from Sumia in her supports and her character description, there isn't much to her character description than lolklutz. Which is why I don't like her. Plus, her "mysterious ability to understand the feelings of animals" sounds like a crap throwaway line to me.

I can't speak for anyone else personally, but I don't like Sumia because ... well, I really don't think she belongs on a battlefield. Being a klutz itself doesn't bother me, but it says in her character description that she "feels as if she isn't up to the task because of it". I also heard she apologizes for attacking the enemy.

Sounds like she's close to being the FE version of Cosette Coalhearth. If more similarities are present, then all that's missing is the blonde hair, blue eyes, and the haircut.

There is no overkill against DLC and Lunatic. All Miriel has over Richt is one magic, speed and skill for bases. Richt needs two reclasses, but less level ups in order to get the skills he needs. The other class he needed to turn into was Demon Fighter, which levels fast like an unpromoted but is as strong as a promoted unit.

LOL

Implying Richt will actually be used in Lunatic.

teehee

I never get why people even say this in the first place.

Who DOES belong on the battlefield then?

As for the not up to the task thing... Despite her reservations about her ability to perform in battle she still goes into the fray when and if she has to. That says something.

teehee

I never get why people even say this in the first place.

Who DOES belong on the battlefield then

People that don't do this? What kind of question is this?

Another Pyrrha Alexandra(SCV)? *sigh*

Well, aside from the whole...evil energy possession and dark blood thing Pyrrha has going on...

Edited by sallas09

Apparently you don't like the utility of Heroes with Lightning Speed and potentially unlimited weapon use or the strongest Sage of the first gen (when optimized). Granted, Richt needs two reclasses as apposed to Miriel's one to reach the strongest I've been able to get them.

Everything about Azure completely nulls his utility as anything for me. I'd take Brady as a Hero without Lightning Speed before I'd ever think about using Azure. I think that's a testament to how serious I take character utility over likeability.

My biggest complaint about Richt is that it even says in his bio, "He looks, acts and speaks like a child, but dislikes being treated as one." If you act like a bratty kid, I'm going to let you know you're acting like a bratty kid. Not too mention, I'm not a fan of "kid" characters in RPG's and the like to begin with, even though I changed my mind about Donny as well. The only exception I can really think of is Patty from Tales of Vesperia(PS3). I found her to be very humorous, and quite deep, even though she used the cheap body-stopped-aging subplot gimmick. I couldn't stand Rolf in FE:PoR and FE:RD just because of his obnoxiously short shorts. Didn't have a problem with his character at all. Just the gosh. Darn. Shorts. >< I think I'd agree with (I believe it was) Fat Bunny. It takes a lot to be a kid on the battlefield as it is, but if you're going to act like a bratty entitled kid, then I'll pass.

On the whole Sumia thing... I honestly don't really mind her, or that character archetype in general. I'd take Sumia over characters like Reimi from SO4, Yukari in P3, or Cheria in ToG. I have no idea what the latter characters' archetypes would be considered(Tsundere/yandere?), but I can't stand it at all. I think after some self-evaluation of my last posts, I've pinpointed that I don't like Tsundere/yandere, kiddy kids, and perverts/womanizers. But of course, to each their own. And respectably so.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

Everything about Azure completely nulls his utility as anything for me. I'd take Brady as a Hero without Lightning Speed before I'd ever think about using Azure. I think that's a testament to how serious I take character utility over likeability.

My biggest complaint about Richt is that it even says in his bio, "He looks, acts and speaks like a child, but dislikes being treated as one." If you act like a bratty kid, I'm going to let you know you're acting like a bratty kid. Not too mention, I'm not a fan of "kid" characters in RPG's and the like to begin with, even though I changed my mind about Donny as well. The only exception I can really think of is Patty from Tales of Vesperia(PS3). I found her to be very humorous, and quite deep, even though she used the cheap body-stopped-aging subplot gimmick. I couldn't stand Rolf in FE:PoR and FE:RD just because of his obnoxiously short shorts. Didn't have a problem with his character at all. Just the gosh. Darn. Shorts. >< I think I'd agree with (I believe it was) Fat Bunny. It takes a lot to be a kid on the battlefield as it is, but if you're going to act like a bratty entitled kid, then I'll pass.

On the whole Sumia thing... I honestly don't really mind her, or that character archetype in general. I'd take Sumia over characters like Reimi from SO4, Yukari in P3, or Cheria in ToG. I have no idea what the latter characters' archetypes would be considered(Tsundere/yandere?), but I can't stand it at all. I think after some self-evaluation of my last posts, I've pinpointed that I don't like Tsundere/yandere, kiddy kids, and perverts/womanizers. But of course, to each their own. And respectably so.

People used Yukari?

You found Patty the walking anime deep.

Wow.

You found Patty the walking anime deep.

Wow.

Hey, now. Give me some credit here. D: I don't have much in the way of anime experience. I might be a little biased with Patty because I absolutely loved her fighting style. And after scouring the net for a translation of all of her additional scenes in the PS3, she reminded me a lot of Presea(Not surprising, considering they're from the same series). I found the cutscene where she discovers who she was to be very emotional, as well as heart-wrenching. Either that or the Japanese voice-acting was extremely good and/or convincing. Not to mention I found her usage of "Nanoja" at the end of every phrase to be humorous, as well as adorable. :<

Hey, Yukari is my favorite female Persona character. :(

I don't hate Yukari. I recently got into P3P(Actually my first Persona title), and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I think my favorite thing about Yukari is that she reminds me a lot of Rita from ToV(Probably because it sounds like they share the same VA, but I've been too lazy to look it up). She's not nearly as bad as the other examples I mentioned in my last post, or at least she got better pretty quick.

Back on topic: I think Richt, Donny, and Brady pretty much sound like they're most likely to be scrapped by utility and fewest-turn standards.

Edited by Xjezhekiir

I don't hate Yukari. I recently got into P3P(Actually my first Persona title), and I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit. I think my favorite thing about Yukari is that she reminds me a lot of Rita from ToV(Probably because it sounds like they share the same VA, but I've been too lazy to look it up). She's not nearly as bad as the other examples I mentioned in my last post, or at least she got better pretty quick.

Back on topic: I think Richt, Donny, and Brady pretty much sound like they're most likely to be scrapped by utility and fewest-turn standards.

That's cool. I love Yukari for being deeper than just some hot Genki Mary Sue who latches onto the main character like so many female love interests in anime and jRPGs.

I detest Rita, however; I'll take Pascal from Graces F over her any day. And yep, both Yukari and Rita have the same voice actor (Michelle Ruff).

I detest Rita, however; I'll take Pascal from Graces F over her any day. And yep, both Yukari and Rita have the same voice actor (Michelle Ruff).

Rita was awesome. AWESOME.

Everyone except Patty was awesome in that game.

That's cool. I love Yukari for being deeper than just some hot Genki Mary Sue who latches onto the main character like so many female love interests in anime and jRPGs.

I love them both. I actually main Pascal in Graces F. ^^ Loved every character in Vesperia with the exception of Karol and Raven.

And I agree with you on Yukari. At first I thought she was going to, but she didn't. Which was refreshing. I think it's the way her and Rita both say "Let's go." that makes me smile. Yukari's personally does remind me of Rita a bit too, on top of the voice.

Rita was awesome. AWESOME.

Everyone except Patty was awesome in that game.

Eh, I couldn't stand Rita. She was either acting like a prickly brat or abusing some party member all throughout Vesperia.

My favourite characters from Vesperia would have to be Raven, Estelle and Judith.

Pascal is indeed awesome. She's upbeat, wacky and actually acts like she cares about her friends, unlike a short-tempered Blastia researcher I know...

Edited by Frosty Fire Mage

Eh, I couldn't stand Rita. She was either acting like a prickly brat or abusing some party member all throughout Vesperia.

My favourite characters from Vesperia would have to be Raven, Estelle and Judith.

Pascal is indeed awesome. She's upbeat, wacky and actually acts like she cares about her friends, unlike a short-tempered Blastia researcher I know...

I dunno... Estelle got pretty sisterly with Rita over time. I think back to when Estelle was in the castle and she fell asleep on her. I thought she developed pretty solidly over the course of the game.

I did't like Rita either. She had some funny moments, but normally I could't stand her "tsundere" (ugh I hate that word) moments.

I liked Yuri, Raven, Judy and Yeager.....and i'm probably the only one who liked Cumore and the final boss of part two, who I won't name because of spoilers.

Edited by Sasori

I did't like Rita either. She had some funny moments, but normally I could't stand her "tsundere" (ugh I hate that word) moments.

I liked Yuri, Raven, Judy and Yeager.....and i'm probably the only one who liked Cumore and the final boss of part two, who I won't name because of spoilers.

Eh, don'k know much about the Tales series, but if a character is a tsundere ther's the 90% chance of me disliking said character, I had bad experiences with this archtype in mangas, they're too much of jerks :/, and like I said before a lot of them are one-dimensional, stubborn in the wrong moments, beat the crap of characters even if they don't deserve it, selfish and tries the least to become better compared to other characters, but if they make characters that focus on others things beside their tsundere traits them they can become likeable, I just find it difficult to pull off.

Then, again, it's Japan, they accept everything there :/

Ok, back to the topic because we're too sidetracked, there may be the possibility of people hating the most popular character simply because they are popular, Vake support with Nono was nice but people seeing his support with Tiamo might get a bad taste because of his arrogance.

People might hate Krom for him being more "poweful" than Marth in his original game(well, I base it in Digimon experience, I dislike the fact that previous digimons from digidestineds turn into cannon folder in other generations, I feel ofended that they treat them as weaker, I prefer to believe that they're equal), also, his supports have a small range and if the person doesn't find a "suitable" support that satisfy their taste, some may find him boring. The same goes to Sumia, who has limited options too.

Velvet for being "Miss.Fanservice" and for might cheating her hubby, and there's people that hate the furry fandom and will hate her because they know that she will be target for furry fandom :/

Edited by Elhienn Hovercast