Rough drawing from the Smash team.

Esaka

IS ROY

Yeah, I though Marth would be, being the Fire Emblem icon, more or less.

Yeah, Kirby and what appears to be Master Hand. Meta Knight as well.

Edited by Knuckles

Nice to see Marth is as fabulous as ever.

Sandbag is gonna be Greater Than SSBB Metaknight Tier.

Edited by Ein Silver Rose

• 1 month later...

(I hope this isn't considered necroposting, but since my "Official Poll" thread that wasn't actually Smash Bros. related was able to be bumped without any problems, I guess this thread is good as well)

I still think that either way, all the characters that are in that sketch aren't going to get cut. The original 8 (minus Yoshi and Samus, if you don't count ZSS and Samus as the same character) are in that picture and have been in every Smash Bros. Luigi is more iconic and well known than a good chunk of the original 8, he's not going anywhere either. Marth, being the protagonist of the first FE game, having the most games with a starring role (4) and thus being the most iconic character in the FE series, having him and his continent being heavily referenced in FE13, and Japanese polls for Melee putting him as the #1 most requested character is not getting removed either (and I don't think they'll use Lucina or Masked Marth over Krom, unless Masked Marth was a costume or something). Game & Watch represents Nintendo's first step into the gaming industry, so he's not getting removed either.

Besides, all the aforementioned were in Melee (again, barring the Samus and ZSS issue if you count that) and made it into Brawl. It would hardly make sense to remove them now.

As for the Brawl newcomers in that picture, Wario is a really iconic Nintendo character and he has his own side series, so he's not going. Pit was supposed to be in Smash Bros. 64 and Melee, but wing animation problems prevented that. Now that he's finally in (and had Kid Icarus Uprising released relatively recently, boosting his relevance), it's doubtful that he's going to be removed. They also haven't booted out any retro characters so far either, and seeing how he's the most popular retro character, I don't think they'd remove him. Meta Knight plays a very prominent role in the Kirby series, so he likely won't be removed. Olimar (judging by the Pikmin in the picture) is the protagonist of Pikmin 1 and 2, and is set to appear in Pikmin 3 so he likely won't be removed either.

So even if that picture doesn't mean that the characters are guaranteed to appear in SSB4, I doubt that any characters in that picture will be booted from the next Smash Bros.

It'd be a different case if they had "flavour of the month" characters like Ike or Lucario though.

Such a detailed post probably wouldn't count for necroing anyway, when it's been barely two months.. I guess?

At any rate, there's not much to answer to that, as it's pretty much my opinion as well. The picture only showcases characters which have a low chance of not being in the next Smash Bros. At least now we know that either Sandbag is a playable character or there are items in the game, boo

At any rate, there's not much to answer to that, as it's pretty much my opinion as well. The picture only showcases characters which have a low chance of not being in the next Smash Bros. At least now we know that either Sandbag is a playable character or there are items in the game, boo

Sandbag is the epitome of hardwork, endurance, determination, and courage. No matter how hard you hit it, how far you hit it, or how often you hit it, it will always stand right back up ready for another round. Nintendo will never make him playable, because they don't want to break the game with something so invincible that even Metaknight with his spamable brokenness will break down before the great sandbag gives in.

Since I should probably respond to the main part of the post as well ... I agree? Nintendo wouldn't even consider removing their original pillars, because they don't want King Kong to start throwing cows.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...