Splicing Competition: what should we do?

eCut

35 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with the splicing competition?

• Change the rules (see post for the link to the new rules).
    • Keep the rules as-is.
    • Let the person running the splicing competition decide.

I'd say let the previous winner decide, just like with the sets. That way, it can be changed easily at any time.

I'm not sure if I want to keep it up to the person running it, unless there's some guarantee that the new ruleset will be used. Otherwise, if whoever's running it doesn't like the new rules, they'll never be used.

Then make another competition if it seems to be like that? Though it would kill both competitions so...

I voted for keeping the old rules because I hate the new ones, they sound like they punish creativity by banning things.

Though two things:

1) I don't have any real involvement with this stuff ATM.

2) Letting them choose is a good option that I'm happy with, I didn't actually care much which of the two good options I picked since my vote didn't sway anything.

Then make another competition if it seems to be like that? Though it would kill both competitions so...

Why would it kill them?

Why would it kill them?

because the amount of entries for the old one would decrease(because people disliked the new rules) and the new one would barely get any entries(because people would be intimidated or afraid to enter)

Continue on as it was before. All of the entrants were fine with it. The only people that ever complained were not people in the contest so it should not matter

Why are most of the complaints coming from non spriters/people who don't enter the comp :/ it confounds me a little, but yeah I think Amelia won the last one so it's up to her

Can they not vote in the contest? Do they not vote because they disagree with the contest? If you appeal only to the people who are already playing in a contest's box, you're appealing to a select perspective. Selects, obviously, are not representative.

Can they not vote in the contest? Do they not vote because they disagree with the contest? If you appeal only to the people who are already playing in a contest's box, you're appealing to a select perspective. Selects, obviously, are not representative.

At the same time, the votes themselves are barely important. It's as someone said earlier in the thread - winning doesn't matter. Getting entries, and prompting people to participate and increase their skills, is what matters. In this case, the opinions of the content creators/entrants should carry more weight than people who simply glance at a topic and click a button.

What about people who MIGHT enter but won't if the rules put them off?

Then they should reply here and explain their stance on the rules, of course. They're spriters - or potential spriters - so their opinions are important. I'm only trying to convey my dislike of Celice's idea: that people who only vote have an equal stake in the issue as people who create or could potentially create. They don't.

Then they should reply here and explain their stance on the rules, of course. They're spriters - or potential spriters - so their opinions are important. I'm only trying to convey my dislike of Celice's idea: that people who only vote have an equal stake in the issue as people who create or could potentially create. They don't.

I was actually saying that their votes are their opinions. You're not seeing them as not, are you? On most anonymous places, like a message board, people tend to have opinions, but not express them. A smaller amount of them will leave passive comments or votes, but not actually participate in a conversation (e.g. a poll like this). A very minute portion will actively engage in the conversation, like you're wanting to see.

There's a balance to strike with those who have an interest but do not participate, if you want an actual opinion on the matter.

As one who enters these contests all of the time and only made one decent entry after 10+ rounds I do not understand why this has come into discussion. If someone really just can't stand the rules of these competition than start your own competition with your own rules.

I kinda like the new rules. If the contest runner wants to tweak rules around, i got no beef with that either. I just want the bickering to end, and have it be fun for everyone who enters and votes.

Words.

Should probably do something about this.

So yeah.

Letting the runner choose won by a long shot. However, many people think that the winner should decide. I quite like this idea.

Therefore, my final decision on this is.....

The winner of the competition chooses both the set and which rule set to use. If the winner does not want to choose or fails to then the decision is in the hands of the runner! So uhm yeah... Who won last?

Edited by eCut

Letting the runner choose won by a long shot. However, many people think that the winner should decide. I quite like this idea.

The winner of the competition chooses both the set and which rule set to use. If the winner does not want to choose or fails to then the decision is in the hands of the runner! So uhm yeah... Who won last?

so much for asking us ;/

Words.

Should probably do something about this.

So yeah.

That applies to each round or the whole comp from now?

so much for asking us ;/

my thoughts exactly

whats the point of a poll that is 95% in one direction if you're going to ignore that direction

>sf

edit: oh wait there seems to have been a recent influx of votes for the first two options. last i checked it was 95% for the last option.

Edited by Klokitty

Well considering a bunch of people in this poll wants it to happen I think it is pretty fair. But to shut you up I'll make another poll, k?

Why we gotta waste time with this? I WANNA ENTER/

We have to waste time on this 'cause people like to bitch about everything.

And locked; go to the new thread and vote. :)

Edited by eCut