What do you like most and dislike most about FE?

FE Apprentice

I think the best thing about FE is that it is a lot more challenging the normal leveling stat games where you just waste sometime in the begining getting one or more of your characters to a high level and run through the game with ease. Unfortuneately, with out a doubt the worst thing about FE is that there are only a couple of games in the series available in english in America. Lucky Japanese!

I like a ton of things.

However, if there's one thing I don't like is that the series is progressing a bit too slowly for my likes (at least, as of late). For example, there isn't much evolution between FE6 and FE7, while FE8 was pretty much an enhanced FE2. FE9/10 are good but I've seen most of it before in FE4/5 (Skills) and even FE2 (third tiers).

I like a ton of things.

However, if there's one thing I don't like is that the series is progressing a bit too slowly for my likes (at least, as of late). For example, there isn't much evolution between FE6 and FE7, while FE8 was pretty much an enhanced FE2. FE9/10 are good but I've seen most of it before in FE4/5 (Skills) and even FE2 (third tiers).

If it's not broken don't fix it.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

True that, but after playing 8+ FEs I feel a bit sad when there isn't much to surprise me.

The evolution from FE1-5 was pretty good, but then it kind of well back down and now it's slowly climbing back up. With the latest FE being a remake, I'm not getting terribly excited D:

Like: A lot of the characters are pretty cool and i just like the series as a whole cuz its totally awesome

Dislike: theres too few characters in FE8, i also dislike Makalov, Valter, Valtome, and a few others, and i hate how some of the charaters dont look like their gender

Since I am like FE Apprentice, Radiant Dawn is my first Fire Emblem, here are some likes and dislikes for me:

LIKES: The myriad of characters; character interactions; the art and cell-shading graphics; and music fits the atmosphere.

DISLIKES: Lack of character development; plot seems a bit cliché; I wish the Laguz were more useful; and biorhythms.

True that, but after playing 8+ FEs I feel a bit sad when there isn't much to surprise me.

The evolution from FE1-5 was pretty good, but then it kind of well back down and now it's slowly climbing back up. With the latest FE being a remake, I'm not getting terribly excited D:

I agree with you about the remake not being exciting. :(

Like: A lot of the characters are pretty cool and i just like the series as a whole cuz its totally awesome

Dislike: theres too few characters in FE8, i also dislike Makalov, Valter, Valtome, and a few others, and i hate how some of the charaters dont look like their gender

:D WELCOME TO ANIMOO!

Since I am like FE Apprentice, Radiant Dawn is my first Fire Emblem, here are some likes and dislikes for me:

LIKES: The myriad of characters; character interactions; the art and cell-shading graphics; and music fits the atmosphere.

DISLIKES: Lack of character development; plot seems a bit cliché; I wish the Laguz were more useful; and biorhythms.

Most FE's have really good char devlopment, RD is the only that doesn't have devlopment, I think.

BUT.

I like in FE how once chars die, they're gone for good. It seems natural to me. I also love the classes, I do.

I dislike how each game is it's own universe. This is good and bad. For example, I loved playing FE7 then FE6 to see how it progressed, but it took me a bit to get into FE8. And FE9/10 I enjoyed. But I guess new worlds for each game is good, as some FE worlds sound very boring to me.

I agree with you on that also, Weisspraline, I also like the fact that once a character dies -- that's it. I prefer SRPGs like that where you have to rely on your own party members, rather than a disposable army like those in Advance Wars and most Nippon Ichi SRPGs. ^^;;

I agree with all except the plot part; I believe this is the best FE plot ever, so if you don't like it, don't bother too much with the others. Just my own personal opinion though.

My least favorite thing about FE is its repetitiveness. Sometimes it gets downright boring!!

The best thing about FE is character development (I only know FE7 and 8, and I'm excluding 8).

Also, the music's exceptionally good for GBA games.

like: erm most things...turn-based, character design, character interaction(/development) BERSERKERS!!!!!

dislike: RAFIEL!, FE10's way of having enemies always hit with 40%, FE9/10 Peg. Knights (all of them, if she rides a Pegasus in FE9 or 10, I don't like her or the pegasus), ELI-FREAKING-WOOD, any Bishop/monk/ect, there being no berserkers in FE10, Warriors being unable to use bows in FE10, and the general unavailable-ness of Dark Magic...

:D WELCOME TO ANIMOO!

I like saying animoo...

like: erm most things...turn-based, character design, character interaction(/development) BERSERKERS!!!!!

dislike: RAFIEL!, FE10's way of having enemies always hit with 40%, FE9/10 Peg. Knights (all of them, if she rides a Pegasus in FE9 or 10, I don't like her or the pegasus), ELI-FREAKING-WOOD, any Bishop/monk/ect, there being no berserkers in FE10, Warriors being unable to use bows in FE10, and the general unavailable-ness of Dark Magic...

I like saying animoo...

Warriors can use crossbows. Unless you just ment like bow..... bows? :huh: