Rate the Unit: Day 72 - Gareth

No itsn't not, stop encouraging trolls!

Lucina, don't count the 7/10s, they're not even remotely justifiable, they're only troll votes.

That's a double negative, so are you actually agreeing on that it's justified?

Truth be told that 7/10 was just me trolling. Gareth is honestly pretty shitty (you really only need 1 blood tide users and wisps go straight after him and destroy him. He's a liability on death-less hard mode runs.

I'd give him a 2.5/10

He's nothing short of a liability. He can replace Ena if she dies or sucks (which she does, but Gareth sucks more), but you're better off keeping Ena alive. He can't tank Magic for shit even with his high HP. His only usefulness is adding another Blood Tide, which can help clear some Auras in 4-E-5, but that's all he can do.

0.25/10

0.2/10

Gets raped by the spirits. Blood Tide is all he has going for him.

So you're saying that because you have Ena, Gareth is meaningless? If so, then I'm still not happy.

Where did I say that? I said that since Ena exists, Gareth's only useful ability (blood tide) isn't as significant as it would be if Ena didn't exist. Add that to the fact that Gareth is probably going to be your most-likely-killed-by-spirits unit,that he's available for a whopping 2 skirmishes out of the entire game, and he's easily worth a 0/10. If the tides weren't restricted to only units next to the dragons, Gareth would be much more useful, but all the negatives Gareth brings to the table far outweigh his single positive. I don't know why you're mad at my reasoning, when you're accepting "7/10 Because blood tide is amazing".

Edited by Davinatorman

Nope, that's a lie.

Actually, it makes you just as big of an asshole as the person nitpicking. In fact, it probably makes you more of an asshole because I support proper Grammar usage.

On the other hand, it's a damn shame that Gareth comes at the wrong time. 50 Def would've been nice in some of the earlier chapters.

His score is so whacked though. On average the guy should've gotten at least a 2 for Blood Tide.

Edited by Tyranel M

Also some of you people are seriously retarded. It's not at all difficult to keep Gareth alive because you have Pure Water and Res tiles for him to stand on, plus he can be healed and the chapters he's in are like, 1-2 turns long so he'll pretty much have no survival issues while providing that sexy Blood Tide.

Crappy res and speed means he is terrible at combat. Arguably worse than Ena even if he has higher HP and strength. But he is a second blood tide user if you feel you want to swap a second person out like Sanaki, especially for 4-E-4.

1.5/10

I feel the same way. He would have been nice earlier but because resistance is so important at this point I'm not a fan.

1.0/10