Rate the Pokemon, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Edition

ZemZem

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really necessary to post Minun and Plusle separately despite the fact they are practically the same thing-

Minun and Plusle are this generations Pichu/Pikachu lookalikes.

And they are terrible.

Minun can have 5/10. Electric typing is good. Although Minun is not.

Edit: Comparing both the bases, Minun has 10 more to its defensive stats and 10 less than Plusle for attacking stats. Meh.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Funny how the next two Pokemon are clones as well. Sigh.

Hmm...to be honest, I really didn't think about how clone-like Pokemon would be rated. I'll have the next to Pokemon be rated at the same time, then.

5.5/10

Taking off 0.5 for being Plusle's less offensive clone.

This. Tallying.

Edited by ZM456

Oh god. I thought the next Pokemon were Volbeat and Illumise. Oh well. We're going by Hoenn dex, not national.

Anyway, Magneton and Voltorb appear in New Mauville, which requires Surf to get to. This is after the 5th Gym.

Magnemite / Magneton - 7/10

In Emerald, this Magnet is better for the same reasons Electrike is good. Due to the amount of water pokemon in this game.

It however, only is usable with Thunderbolt, which needs the TM. Otherwise it is stuck with Spark for the rest of the game (oh wait, Zap Cannon). Level 62-, nah.

Magneton shall get less points than Manectric due to lower speed stats. Magneton also has 15 more sp. attack than Manectric. Hm. That and lack of type coverage. At least Manectric gets Bite.

Voltorb / Electrode - 7/10 +1 bias (8/10)

Voltorb is awesome, Lvl 21 Spark is good. But then the rest of the moves really don't work out for it, unless you like Explosion. Electrode has amazing Speed, which is amazing, but it really doesn't need it that much, when Manectric has 25 sp. atk base higher than Electrode. It doesn't learn TBolt, so it requires a TM, otherwise it is stuck with Spark. Also has no move coverage just like Magneton. Shame. I however will give Voltorb some bias for being awesome in my game.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Why are Magneton and Electrode clones?

7.5/10 for Magneton for competent offence with Thunderbolt (which you can get for free since you're visiting the area to catch it anyway), useful typing and helping out against Winona/water-type bosses.

6/10 for Electrode. Offence could be better and that speed base is really redundant (though you can count on outspeeding Swellows or whatever). Frail.

One is frail but fast.

The other bulky, having alot of resistances and high sp attack.

Both have bleh movepools.

Both get 8/10, because electric stab is awesome in Hoenn

I appreciate the concern.

7.5/10 for Magneton for competent offence with Thunderbolt (which you can get for free since you're visiting the area to catch it anyway), useful typing and helping out against Winona/water-type bosses.

I'll use this rating for Magneton. I never used Electrode.

Tallying.

Edited by ZM456

I like Volbeat a lot. 75 BP Signal Beam at L25 is superior to when the other bug-types get theirs, and it helps against Team Aqua, the Psychic-gym and Sidney. Protect at L29 for Norman, and it can use the odd turns to use Tail Glow, and then attack with boosted Shock Waves.

Illumise has a higher special attack, but no chance of setup like Volbeat, and can't attack physically at all (no bug STAB). Gets the same TMs though, like Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Shock Wave, and is okay with them.

6/10 for Volbeat

4/10 for Illumise

Tallying for ZM456 because I am the nicest person in the world.

Volbeat gets 5.17.

Illumise gets 4.5

The next Pokemon are:

Spr_3e_043.gif/ Spr_3e_044.gif/ Spr_3e_045.gif(Oddish / Gloom / Vileplume)

AND

Spr_3e_043.gif/ Spr_3e_044.gif / Spr_3e_182.gif (Oddish / Gloom / Bellossom)

I don't know if ZM456 wanted to have both at once or not, but meh doing it for him :C

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Now, Vileplume and Belossom are very similar.

One has 10 more Sp. Atk, the other has 10 more Sp. Def.

Leaf Stone is available as early as the route with the Weather Institute, (or the diving treasure guy where you swap a green shard for a leaf stone). Sun Stone is available from Mossdeep City, the space centre.

Grass Types boon similar to Electric types, since Hoenn is full of water.

Oddish becomes available before Mauville, which:

- Resists Wattson (Electric)

- Weak to Flannery (Fire)

- Meh to Norman (Normal)

- Weak to Winona (Flying)

- Weak to Liza/Tate (Psychic)

- Strong against Wallace / Juan (Water)

And also stands a chance in Emerald, where Wallace is the champion.

Electric is obviously a better type, but Oddish has a great wide range of Spores that deal statuses, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder, although unreliable in the end.

A moveset I'd run on Vileplume would be something like this:

Sunny Day

Solarbeam

Sleep Powder

Moonlight

Or another attacking move in there somewhere.

Just for

Chlorophyll. Although someone did say speed doesn't particularly matter.

Oddish / Gloom / Vileplume - 7.5

Oddish / Gloom / Bellossom - 7

The .5 on Vileplume for earlier stone availability and 10 more Special Attack.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Bellossom/Vileplume is pretty cool against Tate and Liza due to being able to take advantage of Sunny Day, letting you wreck more stuff. Bellossom's better there though due to a lack of Psychic weaknesses. Everything else can be found in the above post.

7 for Vileplume

8 (7+1) bias for Bellossom