My Flashdrive has a virus?

Uh, just felt like putting this out there.

So me and my aunt were discussing on whose fault gave her computer a virus, hers or,my flashdrive. I recently downloaded Desmume and fe 12 and then put it into my flashdrive, now before today, I used Desmume like 3 times. Each time, her computer was protected.

Yesterday I used it also, but noticed her antivirus was gone. My aunt also used it for FB shenanigans. Can my flashdrive have caused it, our her own doing?

It's her fault anyway! autoexec is for virus lovers.

If it's even possible, a bug in the driver allowing an execution exploit would be the fault of the manufacturer and/or driver programmer.

Just dump all the blame on somebody else~

That said, downloading viruses is kind of moronic; at least use Firefox and scan the files you steal

Yup, checked the flashdrive, and it was clean ( thank goodness)

However, Now it's starting to be all her fault and blaming it on me. Apparently, the times I was playing FE12, her antivirus expired, so she mustve went to some bad webpage out something.cause it ain't coming out my end. She still blames me though >:(

Viruses can spread via flash drive. . .but that's hardly the only way. Other ways to get yourself infected include (but are not limited to):

- Opening a dodgy PDF with an outdated Adobe Acrobat (Reader)

- Loading a Flash file designed to screw with your compy, and not keeping Flash up to date

- Outdated Java (same principle as above)

- Clicking on the link that says "You have a million viruses, click here to get rid of them!"

- Any of the above with an outdated/stupid anti-virus.

I do weird things like read about how computers get infected. It's possible to craft a PDF file that takes advantage of one of the holes in Acrobat (Reader); the PoC I clicked on opened Calculator. I forgot one other way. . .

- "Windows Update? Sounds like a waste of time."

Edited by eclipse

Hmmm. . .lemme clarify.

Let's say that you have a car. Do you think it's more likely to get stolen if you park it in a secured building, and lock the car door and roll up the windows. . .or if you park it with the doors wide open, keys in the ignition, and in a store parking lot? Not keeping stuff up-to-date is akin to leaving your windows open - while nothing bad may happen, the odds of something bad goes up. Actually catching something can be anywhere from leaving your computer online (I saw an attempted drive-by fail on my work computer) to visiting a site whose ads are infected (I think it was Manga One that had this problem, but it's cropped up before) to downloading something dodgy.

Source: I do this for a living.

I see your point. I really should be more cautious next time.

But I did use firefox to workload the files though and they we considered to be "free from viruses"

But yes, I don't download stuff if it had any additions I need to do