Anonymous Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) correct me if i'm wrong, but perseus is arguing that sundown is a mafia vengeful, which is like the mafia version of a lynch bomb.

b) is your role one that cannot be mafia? because you proving something like hooker is pretty useless.

a) correct me if i'm wrong, but perseus is arguing that sundown is a mafia vengeful, which is like the mafia version of a lynch bomb.

b) is your role one that cannot be mafia? because you proving something like hooker is pretty useless.

a) I thought, based on his argument, that even if Sundown was scum!lynchbomb it would STILL have been advantageous to lynch him (dayvig + lynchbomb + NK would be three dead Town D2, one dead scum). Sacrificing someone else to keep a scum lynchbomb alive would be sort of odd.

b) I don't think there are any roles that are always one alignment or the other? except ninja I guess. And Town hookers aren't that uncommon either. But anyway, my role is one that isn't that common as scum and for which the proof is both unambiguous and very difficult to fake. I actually can't think of a way to fake it, really.

If he had claimed a role that didn't get counter-claimed, he might have been able to get the lynch off him entirely and on to someone else. For scum, not dying > getting the doctor and themself killed, because 1-for-1 trade favors Town. This is turning into gameplay discussion however.

And gameplay discussion is bad because? Sundown claimed, and people are still interested in lynching him. Yoshimi was still very high up on the scum list, and there was no guarantee that using a "safer" claim would've gotten him out.

Except at the time I posted, he had not claimed unlynchable, he had just said he couldn't be lynched. I have seen players say this for reasons as minor as they have a really good claim or they think no one else will want to lynch them.

Also, unlynchable is not an unheard of fakeclaim--see BBM in Shining Force mafia. Auto-ignoring unlynchable claims is not wise.

Also also, where is like half the game?

Again, why waste your time with someone that can't be lynched, especially when they weren't in contention for the D1 lynch? Had someone who was at a lot of votes near the end of the phase suddenly claimed that, it might be worth poking. Computer Serial Number isn't a lynch priority, so prodding him because of that looks strange.

And gameplay discussion is bad because? Sundown claimed, and people are still interested in lynching him. Yoshimi was still very high up on the scum list, and there was no guarantee that using a "safer" claim would've gotten him out.

Because I don't want to spam the thread with arguments over whether 1-for-1 trade is a good idea or not. Evidently we disagree, and arguing over gameplay/mechanics stuff doesn't seem productive to me.

I'm not saying he would definitely have succeeded, I just think that trying to survive is in general a better move for scum.

Again, why waste your time with someone that can't be lynched, especially when they weren't in contention for the D1 lynch? Had someone who was at a lot of votes near the end of the phase suddenly claimed that, it might be worth poking. Computer Serial Number isn't a lynch priority, so prodding him because of that looks strange.

What I am saying is that until Sparrow posted confirmation, I was not convinced that he couldn't be lynched. And because I think he's scummy, he is a lynch target in my eyes, so I found it worthwhile to prod him.

I guess I have to choose one of these wagons?

I'm still not convinced about scum!Sundown because all of these interpretations assume the mafia was playing optimally during the end of Day 1 with that clusterfuck going on, which is a dangerous thing to assume. The Sundown wagon really bothers me too. That can't be all town. Mark my words, one of those people is scum. Maybe it's Sundown, who cares, one of them is.

VT has been giving me the same gut feeling Yoshimi did, so it's obvious which wagon I'd choose. I just wish I had more townreads. We can't lynch Keysmash who thinks it's okay to not respond to votes on him, but whatever. Pass the crane to me or Sundown.

##Unvote

##Vote: VoltTackle

Guys we should go back to Eternity after this.

Because I don't want to spam the thread with arguments over whether 1-for-1 trade is a good idea or not. Evidently we disagree, and arguing over gameplay/mechanics stuff doesn't seem productive to me.

I'm not saying he would definitely have succeeded, I just think that trying to survive is in general a better move for scum.

What I am saying is that until Sparrow posted confirmation, I was not convinced that he couldn't be lynched. And because I think he's scummy, he is a lynch target in my eyes, so I found it worthwhile to prod him.

I can see your point in regards to the first part. You don't vote outright when someone says they can't be lynched. It's a waste of time. Something else has caught my attention.

I guess I have to choose one of these wagons?

I'm still not convinced about scum!Sundown because all of these interpretations assume the mafia was playing optimally during the end of Day 1 with that clusterfuck going on, which is a dangerous thing to assume. The Sundown wagon really bothers me too. That can't be all town. Mark my words, one of those people is scum. Maybe it's Sundown, who cares, one of them is.

VT has been giving me the same gut feeling Yoshimi did, so it's obvious which wagon I'd choose. I just wish I had more townreads. We can't lynch Keysmash who thinks it's okay to not respond to votes on him, but whatever. Pass the crane to me or Sundown.

##Unvote

No, you don't have to choose a wagon. You can make your own. Or not do anything. I don't think you're a good crane target.

1. Your previous post asks me to claim when I did at the end of D1.

2. You conveniently forgot this post:

Quick post because I'm going to work.

I still think that Sundown is lying about his role. But IF he's legit, he shouldn't be opposed to being tested. Here's what I think we should do: Build a lynch wagon to L-1 (or L-2 if the fucking mayor is on the wagon. If that's the case, we need to know.) with town reads, and have tails persuade the scummiest person to hammer. They don't, I'll hammer and it sucks to be them because I think they get godkilled.

So, if that were to be the case, well, I would want one of Volt or VDC to be the hammer. Especially VDC after trying to tell me that sundown's antics are excusable.

3. In the space of fifteen minutes you hop from "I don't want to lynch either of them" to "I think one of them is faking it". Within that time span, VoltTackle and I vote for Sundown, Sparrrow says something in regards to his role, and Asparagus starts acting weird.

All those, together with your wagoning attitude is why I'm moving my vote.

##Unvote

##Vote: Vanilla Diet Coke

Sundown (3) - NE93B27J3U, Sundown, VoltTackle

VoltTackle (3) - ILoveTangerine, Sparrrow, Vanilla Diet Coke

NE93B27J3U (1) - Trafalgar

Vanilla Diet Coke (1) - tails1996

Not Voting - Daniel Craig, Eternlty, Perseus, Shotta, Sparrrow

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. You have about 43 hours left in the day (countdown).

Etern1ty replaces Eternlty, effective immediately.

Of course it's an anon account so there's no need for a name change.

Edited by Prims

##Unvote

How did Sundown become such a strong Town read for you that you want to give him unlynchable power for a day? Yesterday you thought he and Yoshimi's claims were too convenient and you said you had trouble reading him. But today he's so obvTown that you want him unlynchable?

Also, given that you were suspicious of Eternity most of D1 and still say we should go back to him after 'this' (meaning D2?), why am I suddenly a higher priority than the dude who was your former biggest suspect?

imo the crane should be given to tails or perseus (the reason i didn't give it to tails last night was because i still didn't get his role and exactly how dangerous it was, so i didn't know if people would be policy lynching him or something. looking back on it, it was dumb, because i could have canceled the lynch protection by voting for him, but w/e.

i have to agree with vt here even if i'm finding him scum at the moment, why did you do such a 180 on sundown, vdc? i'm leaning more neutral now than i was d1 because of the new sundown, but even then i wouldn't want to give them lynch protection (even lynch protection that i can pierce). and why do you think you'd make a good target for the crane?

@prims- you have me listed as both not voting for anyone and voting for vt.

Okay, I don't agree at all with the "Yoshimi getting attention off of Sundown" thing. And I still think lynching Sundown is dumb and I don't like how he is just like sitting there wanting himself lynched because I think he is town and I don't really see the benefit in it.

Not liking Vanilla Diet Coke in addition to Volt Tackle. Especially don't like how he claimed the crane when I haven't seen anything from you that makes me think you shouldn't be lynched.

##Vote: Vanilla Diet Coke

Sundown (4) - NE93B27J3U, Sundown, VoltTackle, Eternlty (L-3!)

VoltTackle (3) - ILoveTangerine, Sparrrow, Vanilla Diet Coke

Vanilla Diet Coke (2) - tails1996, Daniel Craig

NE93B27J3U (1) - Trafalgar

Not Voting - Perseus, Shotta

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. You have about 34 hours left in the day (countdown).

Sundown is at L-3!

Read what I wrote again?

whatever you say man. you make a special effort to log in to your dedicated mafia account, to check the mafia thread, only to go surf wikipedia about batman. makes perfect sense.

anyway, it appears you can't be lynched, and maybe i was a little too hot under the collar there.

##Unvote

reassessing some options, but that will take awhile and i don't feel like getting another host prod

Sundown (3) - Perseus, Daniel Craig, Asparagus

Yoshimi (3) - Shotta, Sparrrow, VoltTackle

Eternlty (2) - Colin Mochrie, Vanilla Diet Coke

NE93B27J3U (2) - ILoveTangerine, Sundown

Asparagus (1) - Trafalgar

Shotta (1) - Eternlty

Vanilla Diet Coke (1) - Yoshimi

VoltTackle (1) - NE93B27J3U

Not Voting - tails1996

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to hammer. You have 20 minutes left in the day (countdown).

the last votals before tails adds his "hammer" in p289 (i do not think that word means what you think it means) and the timestamp-differs-by-three-seconds slaying of asparagus.

if sundown was scum, why the hell did yoshimi move to vanilla diet coke. worst case scenario yoshimi and sundown could have piled together on eternity.

per

on D1, the player with the largest amount of votes at the end of the day will be lynched. in the case of a tie, whoever has less posts in the thread dies.

eternity would die.

if yoshimi was actually protecting someone and not just fucking with town, i think it has to be eternity. version 2.0 certainly isn't doing my poor opinion of him from d1 any favors.

##Vote eternlty

##Vote Eternity

Didn't like him before and he hasn't really done anything to change that. Has nothing to do with inactivity (because if it did I'd be a hypocrite).

Also I recall Asparagus claiming VoltTackle was scum before his/her heroic death. It seems that people are voting VT anyway but is that a reason why?

iirc only ilovetangerine listed that as a reason for voting vt.

guys we need a majority for this lynch, remember, so we should have it narrowed it down to two or three people for tomorrow. if we have no idea who we're lynching tomorrow this time, it'll end in a nolynch or a last-minute wagon, neither of which are helpful to the town. atm i wouldn't be averse to lynching vt or vdc.

whatever you say man. you make a special effort to log in to your dedicated mafia account, to check the mafia thread, only to go surf wikipedia about batman. makes perfect sense.

I have this game in a separate browser which basically stays open 24/7.

@Daniel Craig, why do you think Sundown is town now as compared to yesterday?

@Eternlty, okay, so basically your former self had barley any scum reads (yes barley). Defend your former self.

@ILoveTangerine, what do you think of Eternlty?

@Perseus, who do you think is scum besides Sundown?

@Shotta, what do you think of Trafalgar?

@Sparrrow, I'm giving you the crane tonight. Can you be more specific on why you think Sundown is town?

@Sundown, name a scum team and optionally explain why.

@tails1996, what's your preferred lynch order?

@Trafalgar, what do you think of the possibility of Sundown and Eternlty both being scum with regards to day 1?

@Vanilla Diet Coke, analyze Eternlty's for all its posts after you last quoted it.

@VoltTackle, I got tired of iso'ing, why are you not scum?

Answer, and you may ask me a question back, which I will answer clearly.