Fire Emblem - Zero

Treats

"Fire Emblem - Zero" is a proyect I started recently. I plan on changing the name as the story continues (no good ones occur to me at the moment).

The original title was "Fire Emblem - Battle of Troy", but due to the fact that the events of the epic battle are way too extense, I decided to take some elements (names of lands and such) and "Fireemblemize" the story.

Currently there are four chapters available.

Game features:

- New maps.

- New events.

- Characters from the other two Fire Emblem games for Gameboy Advance.

I apologize for not having custom animations or portraits. I'm not such a good spriter.

Anyways, here's the patch for Fire Emblem 7.

http://www.mediafire...w4bniw6zo49bzzx

And for those that want to play in spanish here's the patch.

http://www.mediafire...7g4n2c2b1r4n1e9

Any comments and suggestions of improving the game will be greatly apreciated.

I hope whoever plays this enjoy it.

Screenshots:

FireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_01-1.jpgFireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_02.png

FireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_03.pngFireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_04.png

FireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_05.pngFireEmblem-ZeroEnglish_06.png

Edited by Treats952

I don't know if mediafire gives you forum codes (things in [ img ] tags) but if it doesn't it'd be nice if you upload them to an image host (imgur, photobucket, imageshack), and use the forum codes so we can view them without clicking on links.

It looks like you've got some progress. I like how you have it in both languages. How many chapters is it so far?

Also you should look through these tutorials and try to try splicing some different mugs up so it's not reusing characters from FE7.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25963

Good luck with your hack :)

It looks like you've got some progress. I like how you have it in both languages. How many chapters is it so far?

Also you should look through these tutorials and try to try splicing some different mugs up so it's not reusing characters from FE7.

http://serenesforest...showtopic=25963

Good luck with your hack :)

It's four chapters long at the moment. And I've been in that topic before. I'm not good at creating mugs even with references.

Also it seems like it consumes a lot of time and I don't have much. Thank you anyway for taking your time looking for this.

Edited by Treats952

I like how you have it in both languages.

This. That must be quite a bit of work.

I also don't particularly mind the portraits so I think I'll give this a play sooner than later.

Also it seems like it consumes a lot of time and I don't have much.

While most people will likely scold you for not having new portraits, it's true that it consumes a lot of time (like... dozens upon dozens of hours) and well, I, at the very least, appreciate new maps/events/story over new portraits (or else we'd all just make reskin hacks, right? >_>').

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that english is not your first language. There are lotsa gramatical errors so far. Although my question is on the stats. Raven is suddenly a glass cannon. Like Barelt any HP but realllllly strong.

I'll get around to playing the rest of it later. But, just a tip, if you are going to reuse FE characters and plan to have a serious hack, you should be writing their dialogue more like the writers at IS would and keep them all in character.

While most people will likely scold you for not having new portraits, it's true that it consumes a lot of time (like... dozens upon dozens of hours) and well, I, at the very least, appreciate new maps/events/story over new portraits (or else we'd all just make reskin hacks, right? >_>').

Thank you for your comprehension.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that english is not your first language. There are lotsa gramatical errors so far. Although my question is on the stats. Raven is suddenly a glass cannon. Like Barelt any HP but realllllly strong.

I'll get around to playing the rest of it later. But, just a tip, if you are going to reuse FE characters and plan to have a serious hack, you should be writing their dialogue more like the writers at IS would and keep them all in character.

You're correct. English it's not my first language. And I didn't understood you too well. What do you mean by "writing their dialogue more like the writers"?

Edit:

Merged. There is an edit button for a reason; please use it. :)

Edited by eCut

He means that to him, Raven in your hack doesn't sound like Raven in the original game (Raven is just an example). But this is still pretty subjective, so it's not really a bad thing if you don't think it is.

I see. Thanks for the aclaration and sorry about the two separate quotes. I'm not too technological and don't know how to merge them.

Anyway, I don't like too much doing characters exactly like they really are in the original game.

Well if you don't want to write it like that or make new sprites you could at least just change the names an leave the sprite. This is all opinion of course

Well if you don't want to write it like that or make new sprites you could at least just change the names an leave the sprite. This is all opinion of course

Yes I have considered that option as well. I think I'll do it. For the next update I make (with four new chapters) I'll have the names changed.

I would suggest he recolor them at least. Seeing the same exact familiar face with a different personality kind of makes it awkward if the player is familiar with who the character was based off.

I would suggest he recolor them at least. Seeing the same exact familiar face with a different personality kind of makes it awkward if the player is familiar with who the character was based off.

Hmmm I never thought of that. Thank you, I'll try it and have everyone recolored for the next update.

Although, I'm kinda wanting to make custom portraits, but if I do it will be for the sequel (if there's any) or some other hack I do later on.

Edited by Treats952

Hmmm I never thought of that. Thank you, I'll try it and have everyone recolored for the next update.

Although, I'm kinda wanting to make custom portraits, but if I do it will be for the sequel (if there's any) or some other hack I do later on.

Or if you have a bunch of progress you can ask a spriter to help you, but wait for a while before you do that.

Well... I've decided I won't continue this proyect until I learn how to make portraits. I've been recoloring all day and it's been fun doing it (and frustrating at some points). This way I can make the hack better.