Pokemon Fire Red Pick My Pokemon (PMP)

Konnor97

I just got a random sudden thought to do this, so why not?

Notes:

1: My starter will be/has been chosen by people in IP Chat.

2: Only Pokemon pre-national dex and main story.

3: The Pokemon will be fully evolved (or as it's stage if it doesn't have any evolutionary stages). You can still say things like, 'Growlithe', but I will count it as Arcanine.

4: Only one legendary, if any.

5: You may only nominate one Pokemon per member.

6: Nicknames are optional.

7: I am having 2 backup Pokemon until I get my first two non-Bulbasaur Pokemon. They are Pidgey and Rattata. You may force them on me anyways.

8: I am going to at least Mewtwo, and I possibly going on through E4 R2, but no promises.

Party: (Listed by final evo)

1: Venusaur

2: Machoke

3: Tauros

4: Flareon

5: Omastar

6: Dugtrio

Backups: This doesn't prevent you for voting for them, you may still give me Pidgey and/or Rattata.

1: Pidgey

2: Rattata

Edited by Konnor97

Have a Machop because I like them. No trade evolutions!

You also may want a few spares, so that way yoir earlygame won't suck and you're less likely to get screwed with types.

Edited by Knuckles

Have a Machop because I like them. No trade evolutions!

You also may want a few spares, so that way yoir earlygame won't suck and you're less likely to get screwed with types.

Yay Machoke, and sounds like a good idea.

I will have a few 'backups'. There will be two, and they will be replaced once I get my first two pokemon besides Bulbasaur. They are Pidgey and Rattata. You may vote for these Pokemon.

Edited by Konnor97

And what if someone gives you one of them? I almost did. :P

Well, they can still give me them. So if someone gives me Pidgey, I'll have Bulbasaur and Pidgey right off the bat, with only Rattata as backup.

Now now, it has a double resistance to fire, is good against ground and resists normal moves still present in endgame.

Only problem is the whole raise from level 5 without EXP Share thing. :P

Flareon's actually not that terrible. It doesn't have the best physical moveset to utilize that delicious Attack, but Cherry (my female Bashful Flareon in my FRLG draft) ran fine with Flamethrower, Dig, Shadow Ball, and some filler move that I think was Bite. And it wasn't until she tanked Green's Alakazam's Psychic that I learned to appreciate her high Sp. Defense. :3

Also, Tauros is amazing. He was so fun to play with even though finding an Adamant Tauros in the Safari Zone made me want to cut myself. DX

Edited by Kon

Flareon's actually not that terrible. It doesn't have the best physical moveset to utilize that delicious Attack, but Cherry (my female Bashful Flareon in my FRLG draft) ran fine with Flamethrower, Dig, Shadow Ball, and some filler move that I think was Bite. And it wasn't until she tanked Green's Alakazam's Psychic that I learned to appreciate her high Sp. Defense. :3

tbh, I feel that Flareon might be underestimated somewhat. 95 base sp. att isn't stellar by any means, but hey, it's still good.

Diglett Dig, Diglett Dig, Trio Trio Trio. Yay.

I remember that episode haha, I used to watch it all the time... I think I had it on VHS

So yeah, brief pre-starting analysis.

Venusaur- YAY! I love Bulbasaur's line, possibly my favorite starter line. Thank you ZM for this.

Machoke- Okay, he seems cool, and by the looks of it will be replacing one of my backups.

Tauros- Friggen' Safari Zone. He has a freakin' catch rate of 45, appearing either 1% in zone 3 or 4% in zone 4. Curse you so freakin' hard. Good pokemon though. At least I wasn't given Chansey.

Flareon- Decent stats by the looks of it, but it doesn't seem to have the greatest move pool, except for natural Flamethrower.

Omastar- Oh boy, a fossil pokemon that starts out at level 5 and I don't have good access to the EXP Share? Oh joyous day. Omastar looks pretty okay though.

Dugtrio- Yay, my first real member of the team after Bulbasaur. I'm on the fence of whether I should raise it from Diglett or attempt to get it as a Dugtrio.

I will be using an emulator, but there will not be screen shots or videos. Sorry Jedi, but I will be using savestates to get Tauros without ripping my hair out. I hope this is alright with you.