Fire Emblem rekka no Ken or Fire Emblem rekka no tsurugi.

Miatt

Hello guys!

I created this topic because I see on the Internet, Fire Emblem 7 is called "Fire Emblem Rekka no ken".

However, the name of FE is Fire Emblem fuin no tsurugi and called on old websites FE fuin no ken. In addition, the kanji are the same and have the same meaning.

Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French%)

I know what you're talking about, but you seem to be describing this in a confusing manner.

Both Sword of Seals and Blazing Sword have the kanji for "sword" in their title and this kanji can be read as either "tsurugi" or "ken"; I'm almost certain there's no difference which one you use.

If the question is why sites use "Fuuin no Tsurugi" for FE6 and "Rekka no Ken" for FE7, well I wasn't around that early on, but I'm guessing the Japanese publications explicitly spelled out the furigana and that's how we got here. In any case, I don't believe the cause is really that important anymore.

But, if the question is why use "Rekka no Ken" and not "Rekka no Tsurugi", for example, well we have to choose *something* X D

Edited by VincentASM

The same goes with "Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light"

"Shadow Dragon", the remake for the DS has the ad saying Fire Emblem: Shin Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Ken (ファイアーエムブレム 新・暗黒竜と光の剣)

While the old one was Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi (ファイアーエムブレム 暗黒竜と光の剣)

Despite the only difference between the two was tacking on the Shin Kanji (新) for "New" all the way in the beginning.

It's really all about going with what they establish for titles.