Starting out Tearring Saga for the first time

Constable Reggie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he can answer that until he finishes Holmes's first part first (unless the dialogue indicates it).

There should be. Essentially it revolves around Runan's team finding Mintz captured by the Senay troops after he freed Rennie all by himself. Of course there's different endings for that chapter depending on if Rennie is still alive or if she was burned at the stake.

Edited by Dio

I'm pretty sure he can promote at any level.

That's not what I was saying.

He wasn't a high enough level for me to be comfortable with promoting him. He was level ten. It isn't really that bad, but I like to get characters to a higher level than that before promotion.

I'm pretty sure I got Mintz. Saved archer girl, and all that. (...'he'?)

So... is Katri the Bantu of this game?

Edited by L95

Raffin is already promoted. Besides, the promotion system is like in FE4, sort of. Level doesn't reset, but characters can get up to LV20 before promotion, then after promoting, they can get to their current level +20. So their maximum promoted level can range from 30 to 40 depending on the character; pre-promoted characters are set to have a maximum level of 30 as if they promoted at LV10.

You can also get Super Proofs that increase their maximum level to their current level +10, so any character can reach LV40 with that - 40 is still the maximum.

Regardless, as Raffin's and Sasha's promotions are irregular and aren't level-dependent, I assume they don't influence the leveling system. So there's absolutely no reason to have Raffin wait. Granted, there are some downsides to the class change, but if you want the class, there's no reason not to go for it.

So... is Katri the Bantu of this game?

Not really. She's much like Enteh with an added Summon skill. What allows her to transform into a dragon is the Ring of Salia. Enteh eventually gets another later in the game.

The Sisters are very important to the plot as you'll see later. You can't have them killed either.

Thanks for all the help and advice, just finished map 8 and decided to give a quick summary of the units I"m using.

Runan (9) - Very speedy, otherwise nothing special

Enteh (9) - typical staffbot

Raquel (13) - very useful, great for feeding kills

Maharaj (8) - typical mage

Raffin (10) - slightly underwhelming, mount helps though

Kreiss (15) - pretty meh, promoting at 17, hopefully he'll get better

Ezekial (13) - solid, only problem being low move

Julia (10) - very disappointing, 4 def and 5 str make her awful at fighting

Kate (11) - somewhat disappointed, low agility and def is bleh

Zeek (6) - god on a horse

Xeno (8) - can't say, he's only fought zombie scrubs so far

I'm really liking this game so far, the special weapons and traits of characters make everyone seem somewhat unique, and all the character discussions are great.

One (hopefully) last question: how on earth do you suspend in this game? I can't seem to find the option anywhere.

Edited by Davinatorman

Are the staff users more like tools than actual characters? My brother and I just got past Map 4, and we've noticed that a lot of the characters play more like utility-characters, than characters which grow stronger... Maybe it's just our luck, but it seems like if a character starts pretty bad, they don't get better, making it a better idea to find the awesome characters first and stick with them, rather than try to make the average/lesser characters work.

Though Narron got beastly stat gains upon promotion, almost doubling all his stats :O

I gotta say, the difficulty curve in this game sure is whack. One chapter's got me romping through piss easy bandits and zombies, and the next has me fending off dozens of cavalry while simultaneously forcing me to save an impending-doomed Narcissus.

I gotta say, the difficulty curve in this game sure is whack. One chapter's got me romping through piss easy bandits and zombies, and the next has me fending off dozens of cavalry while simultaneously forcing me to save an impending-doomed Narcissus.

Glad that your saving him. Cuz I've actually lost him in my first run and I couldn't get Rishel, Bud, and some stat up items in Chapter 25.

They also refuse to attack you if they can't damage one of the units (Rishel with his Sunflame equipped, for example.)

Hurrah!

For another Strategy/RPG game to have smart AI.

Wow, this game throws some pretty insane scenarios at you. Starting right next to the enemy's army (who is surrounding one of your weak allied characters), or giving you a ridiculously weak character who's surrounded by the bulk of the main army, who has to rely on two charms to stay alive long enough for you to get to her. Or how about sending 5 archers after Samson, who's alone?