If you were to get a Rom of an older FE game, which would you get?

I agree. It was the first FE I just plain didn't like.

Well the music was the same on each map (I'm at around the 9th chapter) and the victory requirements were only "Seize". The only redeeming feature is the vast amount of characters. I really only want to beat it because it's a prequel to Blazing Sword, otherwise, I would've dumped it around the 3rd chapter.

Well the music was the same on each map (I'm at around the 9th chapter) and the victory requirements were only "Seize". The only redeeming feature is the vast amount of characters. I really only want to beat it because it's a prequel to Blazing Sword, otherwise, I would've dumped it around the 3rd chapter.

Which I did

I have FE 7-10 as the actual games, and I have FE 2 (Gaiden) and FE 6 (Sealed Sword) as roms, so that leaves FE 3 (which includes FE 1), FE 4 and FE 5... Out of those three I'd probably say either 4 or 5. I've heard FE5 is the one most like the GBA games - which would suit me since I'm heavily accustomed to them. But then again, people seem to be raving about FE4 so I want to see what all the fuss is about. Actually, it's definatly has to be FE4 for me. I suppose I won't care if it's a bit different to the GBA FE's if it's an excellent game - which at the end of the day, is the only thing that matters. I want to play FE3 too, but I'll wait until I've finished FE DS first. But I won't be downloading any FE roms for a while, since at the moment I'm juggling between Gaiden, Sealed Sword, Sacred Stones and Radient Dawn :P.

The GBA Fire Emblems are basically a hacked Thracia done thrice in a row with portable-esque graphics and refined mechanics :/

I've been playing Gaiden on the PowerPak that just came--surprisingly, the bank issue isn't bad on the actual NES. It's fun enough, unless you have some issue with old skool games or black sheep games :/

The GBA Fire Emblems are basically a hacked Thracia done thrice in a row with portable-esque graphics and refined mechanics :/

I've been playing Gaiden on the PowerPak that just came--surprisingly, the bank issue isn't bad on the actual NES. It's fun enough, unless you have some issue with old skool games or black sheep games :/

(First paragraph response) Is that a bad thing?

I've been playing Gaiden on 1980-games.com and am enjoying it. I love old skool games more than most modern games, and always have a soft spot for black sheep games - for example, Zelda II: Adventure of Link is one of my favorite Zelda games.

probably FE4 cuz I have already tried everything from FE6-10, FE1-3 I don't like marth enough, FE2 sounds weird and FE5 sounds too hard.
You shouldn't dismiss FE 2 because it sounds weird. I'm playing FE 2 (Gaiden) right now, and it is an excellent game. It is a bit different to the recent (6-10) FEs (although it has some striking simularities to FE 8: Sacred Stones) yes, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable (infact I'm playing both 2 and 6 right now, and I'm enjoying FE 2 more). You should really give the game a chance - you might be pleasantly suprised about how much you enjoy it (like me). Also you really shouldn't dismiss FE 1-3 because you don't like a single character (although I suggest waiting for FE DS), nor should you dismiss FE 5 because it is hard (you scared of a little challenge ;). Although I haven't played FE 1, 3 and 5 (therefore can't give my own personal opinion like I did with FE 2) (although I want to play them, and plan to) I still suggest you give them a chance.