Tear Ring Saga won't load on my Wii

Esaka

There is no guarantee ever that any emulator will play every game you throw at it without a hickup. Considering this emulator seems to be pretty young, you will have to accept the chance of the game not playing on it.

If you have this problem with other games, something might not be working properly. If you have this problem with this game specifically, you might have to mess around with the graphics/audio/general/whatever settings to get the emulator to play it. If that doesn't work, you might want to try other versions of WiiBrew. There's also a chance the patch mucked it up.

Otherwise, you could download a PSX emulator for the PC or maybe even your phone and play on there. PC emulators are well developed and I believe that the emulators available play basically everything, even with patches.

Ah, nvm, I didn't read the wiki thread properly.

Yeah, going with what Excellen said, try PSXFin, it worked well for me (although I haven't tried it after the patch).

It attempts to. It does it pretty well, too, but I'm sure there's a few strange thing's here and there that haven't been discovered.

There was a mahjong game though that, so far, only plays on an original system or bSNES. If one can't develop their homebrew on an actual system, byuu's emulator is usually the next safest bet to work with.

On the other hand, I read that the Policenauts fantranslation had the game working better on the emulator than they had on the actual hardware, because of the way they'd coded the patch. Freaked out the coder to no end.

On the other hand, I read that the Policenauts fantranslation had the game working better on the emulator than they had on the actual hardware, because of the way they'd coded the patch. Freaked out the coder to no end.

That's because the translation was created on an emulation which was faulty, utilizing features or loopholes not available or even possible on the actual hardware. Several Fire Emblem hacks here on Serenes have this problem, too, where they do not boot on actual hardware--making them locked to a broken emulator. That means that these projects risk loosing support if the emulator they made the hack with gets an update and "fixes" whatever faulty emulation was being abused :/ Peeps would have to revert and stick to a specific emulator/version in order to play the hack, or else face that the project is incompatible.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if the Wiisx emulator is incompatible but for what it's worth I've tried it on FPSE for Android smartphones and tablets, and it's working decently albeit with some graphical glitching not related to the translation patch. It's the only way I'm able to play through the game amidst my busy schedule nowadays, just started and got to map 2 today. :)