Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some conversations I remember from previous versions that didn't seem to be available:

- Eliwood: The stairs tutorial did not seem to trigger. Isadora was the first to reach the tutorial area. I had no deaths or anything.

- Merlinus: Couldn't get Marcus to talk to Merlinus for the whole chapter.

- Kent: No talk between Matthew and Gaufrid. (Might be caused by Matthew getting attacked by Yorrick. Does it override Matthew's investigation talks?)

- Kent: Wasn't there a Talk between Dorcas and Gaufrid, or was it just me dreaming?

- Kent: There is a VERY long pause after ending the chapter the "pacifist way", right after the first fade to black.

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but could the following factors contribute to the glitches?

- Not patching a clean ROM
- Using previous saves
- Using previous save states

I've finally gotten off my ass and started playtesting the game clean, and couldn't reproduce any of the most horrifying glitches mentionned in Eliwood, Merlinus, Lyn and Kent's Tales. So yeah, I have a feeling that a lot of stuff that's been mentionned so far were due to player mistakes like that.

Like, Merlinus rebuilt all villages after ending the turn. Every single Djute appeared after Khitan's second speech. The Jumping the Shark achievement worked flawlessly. Neither Rath nor Kent's Tale failed to unlock properly in any of the configurations I've tested.

If people don't want to make Arch turn depressive by the end of the week, remember to always mentionit if you:

- Resumed the game at some point during the Tale.

- Had some of the characters die during your playthrough.

- Encountered PREVIOUS glitches that may be related to the issue.

- Do any other things that would be considered "unusual"?

And of course, double-checking what save files (.sav) and savestates (.sgm) you're loading, when playtesting

Also, that should go without saying, but provide a succint, accurate report, if you encounter a glitch. Don't waste two paragraphs explaining something in detail if you can sum it up in two lines and a screenshot.

Edited by Miacis

I have just a couple of queries about Tale 2xb

Is the NPC Caelin Ranger supposed to have 0 luck?
Also, the Tuscana Swordmasters that spawn have an A rank in bows for no particular reason.

This is on the latest patch, but I did use the save provided a good few pages back.

Alright. So I spent a couple hours playing the first three tales of the new Elibean Nights... Is v6 beta actually released? Cause I followed the link, and it said version 5.

In any case, I wrote up my opinions. As always, I'm harsh, so it's up to you if you wanna see them, Arch. I'm... kind of indifferent either way.

I presume the v6 beta patch isn't linked on the first page because it's still a beta. You can find the latest beta patch somewhere in the last 5 pages or so.

... So... I wasted hours writing critiques and they aren't even relevant. Cheesecakes.

WELP! Time to get back to work! Long story short, I hated version 5. Let's see if Version 6 is better.

Don't worry, saves transfer and the only tale that actually changed gameplay-wise between v5 and v6 that was in v5 is Lyn/Rath/Kent's.

EDIT: Eliwood's changed slightly. There is a stair mechanic thingie, Marcus can get a semi-Brave Lance, and Natalie has a horse. As for the others the only other difference I can detect is Matthew having a Razor Sword instead of a Cutlass in Hector's tale. Just minor improvements. Lyn/Rath's was vastly improved, and even has an extra side-tale(Kent's).

Edited by Shugey

Don't worry, saves transfer and the only tale that actually changed gameplay-wise between v5 and v6 that was in v5 is Lyn/Rath/Kent's.

EDIT: Eliwood's changed slightly. There is a stair mechanic thingie, Marcus can get a semi-Brave Lance, and Natalie has a horse. As for the others the only other difference I can detect is Matthew having a Razor Sword instead of a Cutlass in Hector's tale. Just minor improvements. Lyn/Rath's was vastly improved, and even has an extra side-tale(Kent's).

Also,

Eliwood: Eliwood has a bonus Silver Sword.

Hector: The Dawson reinforcements are now announced earlier. And I haven't checked yet if Arch found some way to fluff out the end of the level progression.

As for Lyn, it's got mostly enemy adjustments, Wallace and the new Kent path. The big difference was in the writing.

(And Rath's Tale, the biggest difference is the different roster, and possibly a few enemy adjustments.)

Edited by Miacis

So are you gonna link us to your post or what?

Kind of conflicted on it... I'm in an awful mood, and I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared to defend my view points if I'm provided with counterarguments. Besides, I'm waiting on Archibald to respond. Maybe I shoulda just PM'd him. I feel pretty dumb right now.

Kind of conflicted on it... I'm in an awful mood, and I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared to defend my view points if I'm provided with counterarguments. Besides, I'm waiting on Archibald to respond. Maybe I shoulda just PM'd him. I feel pretty dumb right now.

I'm actually quite curious, myself. I don't quite agree with the way you see some aspects of designing maps, but I enjoy knowing the harsher side of the spectrum of opinions. If you don't want an argument, could you consider PMing me a link to it for reading?

part 2 of ravens tale... is it supose to end after 14 turns? i dont mind killing everything on the map but i dont wanna kill erk... what must i do to properly finish this chapter?...

As the objective says, Survive as long as you can. The map will end eventually.

[spoiler=Don't read this if you don't want to spoil yourself Raven's Tale pt2]Really, just let your units die. If you've made it to turn 14, you'll reach the end of the chapter.

Edited by Miacis

part 2 of ravens tale... is it supose to end after 14 turns? i dont mind killing everything on the map but i dont wanna kill erk... what must i do to properly finish this chapter?...

Just wait out 14 turns.

Then die.(You get an achievement for lasting 24, which isn't that hard)

Related: To end Raven's Tale, do you just need to let Raven die? Or do all of your units need to die?

Edited by shinpichu

Just fucking do it already. Post it to the public. If you don't want to defend it, I won't force you. I'll just listen to what you have to say.

My approach to gameplay, by the way, is "plop units on a map, adjust stats and hope it works." I'm sure there's plenty of room for improvement, I've never taken a very scientific approach to it.

Edited by The Second Archsage