Are Archers OP now?

Silith

From what I've seen you can double on enemy phase too. Does that mean you can keep your archer behind your tanky frontline and abuse them to get easy double moves when counterattacking?

You can do that, but Dual attacks don't take into account the attack range of the unit using them so any other combat unit could do the same thing as well as Archers being able to dual attack from 1 range if they're the supporting unit in a doubled pair.

Also,

a) you don't get much experience unless you're the primary unit

b) the archer still has to have good supports with the units they're behind, cause at base you have a ~30% chance of activate a Dual Attack.

Bow Knights have no durability, Snipers have at least defense. Bow Knights get you Bow slayer though, which is cool; someone like Sariya would like Accuracy +20.

Edited by Lord Raven

Now I wonder. If an archer gets attacked at 1-range. Is there a chance that a doubled unit on that archer will counter attack?

Nope, the doubled unit won't attack back. Doubled units only attack after the unit attacks, so no.

Dual Guards still work I think.

Bow Knights have no durability, Snipers have at least defense. Bow Knights get you Bow slayer though, which is cool; someone like Sariya would like Accuracy +20.

Bow Knights give better double bonuses though.

Bow Knights give better double bonuses though.

In Lunatic, the bonuses are about equal.

In Lunatic+ as far as I can see, Snipers are just plain better overall. Bow Knights really don't have anything that could compare to Longbows.

Edited by Othin