The second batch of DLC

Why Est?

How popular is she in Japan?

I mean the artwork is pretty good by the standards we got (the face though...), but if you are doing a non-lord character, I'd at least expect some fan favorites.

Does Est have any dialog or does she just show up in the party...

Wait! Heather as part of the onsen DLC. Do it IS!

Edited by deuxhero

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she was chosen as a joke, being a LV5 unpromoted unit joining after a map that you couldn't imagine beating until well into postgame.

She doesn't have any lines, no. As for the resort maps, there was no new character for the festival, so I doubt we'll see new characters for the other two, either.

I wonder if any other Ests were intended as jokes, then. They clearly have some sense of humor about the whole thing, if she really is that weak on such a hard map.

So with this, Est is officially the character that has made the most appearances in the series under playable status?

Not quite; she's tied with Catria. If for whatever reason you count SSB, they're also tied with Marth.

So with this, Est is officially the character that has made the most appearances in the series under playable status?

Tied with Catria, yeah. Six games, counting the remakes, although they still have the most even if we ignore the remakes.

What a pleasant little extra, and she got new art (though it doesn't seem to be in the style of FE13 Pegasus Knights).

Oh yeah, and what does SpotPass Ike come with?

Ike uses Ragnell as an enemy, although SpotPass characters don't join with their items. His bonus skill is Aether, which shouldn't be any surprise.

Edited by Othin

Hm, so the first challenge map gives you Est with updated art if you complete the challenge so then I wonder what the other challenge map DLC's will give you as a reward... I'm assuming some more updated characters but who knows, it'd defintiley be cool though. =P

Tied with Catria, yeah. Six games, counting the remakes, although they still have the most even if we ignore the remakes.

What game was Catria in that the other two weren't?

I sadly didnt pay too much attention to Soren's skills when I saw him, I'll have to double check once i return home and can play again.

Also, maybe someone else noticed and i didnt, does the spike DLC have any other rewards besides Est? I mean, other than the thrill of the challenge?

Also, maybe someone else noticed and i didnt, does the spike DLC have any other rewards besides Est? I mean, other than the thrill of the challenge?

I didn't notice anything else. But if we look at the cost, it's 250 yen. Looking at the past maps with the reward of just a redesigned character, Roy's cost was 250, Marth's was 300, and the rest were all 350. And with the map itself being arguably the best of them (certainly better than Marth's and Roy's), that's a damn good deal.

Oh, hey. Looking at the Soldier, its battle model is completely different. I think it's one of the ones we saw in the video, the weird white-skinned guy with arrows sticking out of him and skull masks everywhere.

It looks closer to the older games she appeared in, the hair anyway.

Wonder why she wasn't advertised? I kinda understand Eltoshan, since he wasn't redesigned....

It's probably because this set of DLC has less to do with the character that comes with it than the previous DLC(excluding the EXP/Gold/Infinite Divine weapon maps), since those were entirely about past FE characters and featured the character you get from the DLC within the chapter itself. So it's sort of the same deal as Eltoshan excluding that Est got re-designed.

Edited by arvilino

There's also the matter of her not having dialogue, unlike the past redesigned ones.

And she's being advertised now. She's even the icon for the map, which is visible before you buy it to get you curious.

Odd that we haven't seen an announcement for the next map(s) yet. I'd expect them to be going back to a once-per-week schedule, as they seem to have just seven weeks remaining and at least eight maps left. Perhaps it's another one of those times where it won't update until tonight?

Edited by Othin