The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait they picked Est and didn't do Sigurd! :O

Sigurd is already available through SpotPass. They're going for the characters that aren't already available - a much better choice.

---

Looking at the numbers for the enemies in the Harvest level, these guys are scary. They've all got Miracle and one of Renewal, Counter, Vantage, and Vengeance. On the higher difficulty levels, the generics pick up Pass and a Slayer skill.

Now, this doesn't seem too special until we recall that they've all got 50 Luck. With Miracle, that gives them a 50% chance of surviving any fatal hit - and with those skills, that can be a big problem. The fact that their HP scales so much with the difficulty levels completely changes the level of the chapter: on Normal, the generic Revenants have 22 HP, but on Lunatic, they've got 47. That means, if one of the ones with Counter attacks one of your characters in melee, and they counterattack, then even if your character would OHKO, you've got a 50% chance of being smashed back for 46 damage while the enemy survives. The ones with Vengeance have huge Skl stats, so if they survive an assault, they're going to be hitting back with a booster hit as soon as they can.

The boss is the scariest, having all five of the main skills - Renewal, Vengeance, Vantage, Counter, and Miracle. Plus 80 HP, and on Lunatic, he's got 46 Skl and 65 Luck. In short - two times out of three, he'll survive a fatal hit, then 11 times out of 12, smash back as soon as he can for +39 damage. And meanwhile you're using ranged attacks to not get killed by Counter, and if he makes it to his next turn, he'll regain more HP to bounce back at you.

Really impressive how much the enemies can do with nonexistent stats outside of HP, Skl, and Luck. On Normal, it might be manageable a few chapters in if you're careful, but on Lunatic, HP increases alone are enough to turn it into a minefield completely off-limits to weak teams.

---

On Lunatic, the Border enemies try a similar stunt with Vengeance. None of them have the skill on Normal, and I don't know what happens on Hard, but on Lunatic, about half the enemies have the skill, turning them into lethal kamikaze attackers at 1 HP. It's not easy fighting off enemies that can 2HKO even the sturdiest player characters, particularly the impossible-to-dodge Assassins and the few Sorcerers that attack from a distance with Slime. And of course that's just when you've healed your own characters rather than leaving them at 1 HP.

This, this is what difficulty levels are supposed to do.

It looks closer to the older games she appeared in, the hair anyway.

Wonder why she wasn't advertised? I kinda understand Eltoshan, since he wasn't redesigned....

I actually think it's because she wasn't really redesigned that she wasn't advertised before hand. Sure, she's got new art, but it isn't a new design (not the in the same vain as the other characters using FE13 class designs anyway). That, and these chapters are more about the challenge offered rather than the characters received.

I'm curious, does Nosferatu still ultimately break the challenge provided by these chapters?

I'm curious, does Nosferatu still ultimately break the challenge provided by these chapters?

If you're far enough to buy Nosferatu, you're far enough that Harvest shouldn't be a whole lot of challenge no matter what, although on the higher difficulty levels it might still put up a fight, in which case Nosferatu would certainly help. As for Border, I'm not sure it'd do much just because when the enemies are so often at 1 HP, you don't get any healing from them. It would make for easier survival when away from the spiked areas, but that's not so hard anyway.

Well I can confirm that the Est map is doable on lunatic without a limit-broken team, it's just extremely difficult. Vantage and Vengeance are not fair skills when everyone is at 1 hp.

Luckily the enemies with Vantage are the ones with one range weapons. So I found you can use stuff with high accuracy(even with low might) like Wind Tomes on Dark Pegasus's(Like Inverse) or Javelins to OHKO the 1 HP enemies.

what skills does soren have?

Finally getting around to checking Soren's skills. He's a level 12 Mage with Magic +2, Concentration, and what appears to be...War Knowledge(1.5x exp. while in double.). That's actually so fitting for him xD.

Same class and similar level to Lute, and also has the same skills?

Ugh, I'm really disappointed by how some of these characters are being handled. Cuan/Clerbe, Gharnef/Nergal, and now Lute/Soren. Gharnef and Nergal even had the same bonus skill in LvD - Bow Slayer.

Edited by Othin

Luckily the enemies with Vantage are the ones with one range weapons. So I found you can use stuff with high accuracy(even with low might) like Wind Tomes on Dark Pegasus's(Like Inverse) or Javelins to OHKO the 1 HP enemies.

My main fighting force consists of the three main Manaketes for their insane defense and strength, and they were able to get 80+ displayed hitrates against the assassins and 100 against everything else. Anyone with a real skill stat should be fine even without switching to dinky weapons.

Ugh, I'm really disappointed by how some of these characters are being handled. Cuan/Clerbe, Gharnef/Nergal, and now Lute/Soren. Gharnef and Nergal even had the same bonus skill in LvD - Bow Slayer.

Huh, never actually did look at Lute once I got her, but now that you mention it...looks like it. =/

Soren's level 12 while Lute's level 17 at start, Soren's skill is significantly higher than Lute's, but she has much higher luck. and his speed starts 1 point higher and resistance is 2 points higher, but Lute's HP and defense are all slightly higher than Soren's(by no more than 2 points), not to mention she has a C in tomes while Soren starts at D. And they share identical skills. So yeah, they're actually very identical units, not factoring in growth rates.

EDIT: And am I the only one disappointed with how they handled the logo for the FE9 SpotPass team under the SpotPass menu? All it is is Roy's GBA map sprite recolored to make him resemble Ike more. Granted, I had no idea how they were gonna actually represent the game, but this just seems lazy.

Edited by sallas09

Am I the only one who kinda like Est redrawn? The only thing that bothers me in THOSE EYES!! Thats the stuff of nightmares!!

What are you talking about? She looks adorable.

EDIT: And am I the only one disappointed with how they handled the logo for the FE9 SpotPass team under the SpotPass menu? All it is is Roy's GBA map sprite recolored to make him resemble Ike more. Granted, I had no idea how they were gonna actually represent the game, but this just seems lazy.

So that's what seemed "off" about it. I didn't think it would bug me much, but now it just seems so wrong...

Could it be archetype related? I don't know much about Clerbe to comment on both having Sol. Life Absorb I can understand, although it seems more fitting on Nergal and they could have given Gharnef something else like a damage-halving skill or one of the avoid raisers. Many skills would be more fitting of Lute, but War Knowledge does sum up her bookishness.

On Est, the eyes coupled with that grin make her seem more creepy than cute. The rest of her body looks very 90's to me and I'm ok with it. Once again, a face devoid of soul ruins a DLC artwork for me.

Not sure what pattern is in the new DLC batch, but Marcus (6/7) and Othin (5) seem likely soon, in my opinion. I think Est was chosen to fill the gap in female and other-than-Marth representation from Akaneia, the setting of 1/3rd of the series. They chose Lyn over Eliwood after all.