The second batch of DLC

Katarina looks great. This is a nice surprise; I wasn't expecting any more DLC characters. But I hope there's more in the future, as unlikely as it seems. I...I just...I can't let Joshua go. He's too fucking awesome. Why isn't he here? WHY? :Joshua: :Joshua: :Joshua:

It takes time to make something as awesome as him. Heck, might just make a new season exclusively for him. I really need to get that drawing finished....

Anyways, I believe that this second season was pretty decent. I didn't like the approach they went with Summer of Bonds but now seeing the series end I think it went pretty well. Katarina seems like a nice edition if a team still hasn't made a cry's set for a unit. (I'm not though, I can't wait this long just to see an idea I like implimented)

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes time to make something as awesome as him. Heck, might just make a new season exclusively for him. I really need to get that drawing finished....

Anyways, I believe that this second season was pretty decent. I didn't like the approach they went with Summer of Bonds but now seeing the series end I think it went pretty well. Katarina seems like a nice edition if a team still hasn't made a cry's set for a unit. (I'm not though, I can't wait this long just to see an idea I like implimented)

*Gasp!* Fan art! Why didn't I think of that?

I'll be back with something awesome. Maybe on a new thread since it'll be pretty off topic for this one. Edit: ne'mind. I've rediscovered that I suck at drawing characters who already exist.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

*Gasp!* Fan art! Why didn't I think of that?

I'll be back with something awesome. Maybe on a new thread since it'll be pretty off topic for this one. Edit: ne'mind. I've rediscovered that I suck at drawing characters who already exist.

Just leave the work to me then, in a couple of decades I'll get this finished. (In all seriousness though, it's gonna take me a couple of weeks if I'm going to be spot-on)

Anyways, back on topic. Katarina doesn't bring any new items to the table, unfortunately. She's still pretty cool to have though.....Although for the millionth time now Elincia is the best Cry supporter.

This may seem kind of selfish, after we were already supplied with her in-game portrait and her official artwork so quickly, but does anybody have a picture of her battle model? (I know it's basically generic, but I'd still like to see it if it's not too much trouble.)

I would actually love to see the models of all the paid DLC characters, but obviously such an undertaking will be a low priority.

Grandmaster Katarina comes a little bit out of left field, but I actually don't mind it at all. Her new artwork looks really cool, considering it was done by Yusuke Kozaki. Though with her release, it kind of makes me wonder if there's going to be 3 parts to The Strongest One's Name. We'll see. Looking at her stats, they're pretty interesting. Grandmasters are technically supposed to balance Strength and Magic, yet Katarina's Magic vastly outranks her Strength. And being given Strength, Speed, Defense, and Rainbow Cry, and Dark Blessing upon recruitment...dang, that's pretty good.

Grandmaster Katarina comes a little bit out of left field, but I actually don't mind it at all. Her new artwork looks really cool, considering it was done by Yusuke Kozaki. Though with her release, it kind of makes me wonder if there's going to be 3 parts to The Strongest One's Name. We'll see. Looking at her stats, they're pretty interesting. Grandmasters are technically supposed to balance Strength and Magic, yet Katarina's Magic vastly outranks her Strength. And being given Strength, Speed, Defense, and Rainbow Cry, and Dark Blessing upon recruitment...dang, that's pretty good.

The Strongest One's Name is the fourth Ultimate Training map, and UT is only supposed to have four maps based on the initial promotional video. As that finale to the series, it's one difficulty level above the others, so MAX as opposed to the five-star maps.

Hmm. So any info on how to fight Anna (and presumably the Berserker) and "completely" beat the map?

There are two series of maps. If you beat the first map within 2 turns, you'll be asked whether you want to play the alternate set. In that set, normal enemies will have the stats of sub-team leaders, and this is where Anna and the zero-move Berserker are found (in the 5th and 4th battles respectively).

There are two series of maps. If you beat the first map within 2 turns, you'll be asked whether you want to play the alternate set. In that set, normal enemies will have the stats of sub-team leaders, and this is where Anna and the zero-move Berserker are found (in the 5th and 4th battles respectively).

Oh wow. Fascinating.

So Anna really is the ultimate boss? Do you have any info about her combat abilities?

Edited by Othin

From a JP wiki:

Anna, Merchant

Aether, Counter, EDS, Divine Weapon, Vantage+

Spear++, Brave Lance++

HP99 STR60 MAG50 SKL70 SPD70 LCK65 DEF55 RES55 MOV5

Lance A

O.O We're absolutely fucked. I think that's the RNG godess Anna we were talking about.

From a JP wiki:

Anna, Merchant

Spear++, Brave Lance++

Lance A

Holy shit. With Divine Weapon, that's a 65% Aether activation rate, and of course you have to fight her from range. And you need 66+ Spd to not get regular doubled, which means you need buffs, because only Mark can do that without them. And she moves?

Hmm. Doing the calculations, if you avoid Counter and her Brave Lance by attacking at range, you avoid being doubled by having 66+ Spd, and you have 80 HP, you still need 52+ Def to not die to Aether. Which, granted, is reasonable on this scale, but still. And if she really does move, you need to throw a bunch of these supercharged characters at her at once to obliterate her in one turn, while she heals with Aether. And probably deal with other enemies at the same time?

Was it the different Anna like the ones from The Five Annas DLC episode or was it the same recruitable Anna fighting this DLC chapter?

Every Anna in the game other than the one in S4 is a different Anna from the recruitable one. Even the one in S2 is different.

Edited by Othin

From a JP wiki:

Anna, Merchant

Spear++, Brave Lance++

Lance A

Looks like Double Bow and Long Bow Snipers are going to pretty much be a must against her.

Strength Cry

Speed Cry

Defense Cry

Rainbow Cry

Dark Blessing

i think it would make more sense if she had magic cry instead of defense cry still that's amazing finally a third dark blessing character that isn't mark just going to be the very last one possible :\.

Does anyone know if you get same reward for beating Anna,the RNG demon?

It sounds like:

Beat Hero and crazy enemies: Get Katarina

Beat Anna and batshit insane enemies: Get Katarina and Ultimate Emblem

Edited by Othin

From a JP wiki:

Anna, Merchant

Spear++, Brave Lance++

Lance A

Holy crud! Does this Anna somehow have Major Jenova blood or what?

I seriously hope that no DLC is left behind in the localisation. Especially in this case.