This is going to sound stupid, but...

Okay, I figure someone here would know this.

Basically, I want to play Maniac Mode. Very, very badly. Beaten Difficult and was very disappointed at how similar most of it was to Normal mode. Aside from the first seven or eight chapters and the final chapter, it was identical to Normal except with less Exp gained.

I've played through Radiant Dawn on Hard mode and thought it was an excellent challenge, and I read that it's exactly the same as the Japanese Maniac Mode. I'm disappointed that Path of Radiance cannot offer me a similar challenge, and all because the Japs thought Maniac Mode was "too hard" when they released this game.

So is there any way I can play it without having to import a Japanese copy of the game (which I'd imagine is ridiculously expensive)? Like, some kind of AR code or...anything.

Emulators aren't really an option right now, but would definitely consider.

So is there any way I can play it without having to import a Japanese copy of the game (which I'd imagine is ridiculously expensive)? Like, some kind of AR code or...anything.

Nope. Unless you want to research the exact addresses they changed in the assembly, as well as the Event codes in the game that changed certain things.

Okay, I figure someone here would know this.

Basically, I want to play Maniac Mode. Very, very badly. Beaten Difficult and was very disappointed at how similar most of it was to Normal mode. Aside from the first seven or eight chapters and the final chapter, it was identical to Normal except with less Exp gained.

I've played through Radiant Dawn on Hard mode and thought it was an excellent challenge, and I read that it's exactly the same as the Japanese Maniac Mode. I'm disappointed that Path of Radiance cannot offer me a similar challenge, and all because the Japs thought Maniac Mode was "too hard" when they released this game.

It's around 100 dollars, but you have to consider the extra money you'll have to spend on unlocking the region lock (could be through a cd or something) and the shipping as well. I've considered buying it, but it seems like a waste for just a little more difficult experience.

I'd sooner spend money than use an emulator, personally, but that's up to you.

Edited by Aeine

There's no AR code because Maniac mode was replaced by Easy mode in the English version. If you're smart, you can probably import the relevant game files from Japanese FE9 to English FE9, but you likely won't be able to completely copy the mode and this requires emulation or hacking anyway.

Edited by VincentASM

Did a little research and emulators would use up too much memory anyway. But always been 50/50 on them (HATE PC gaming regardless) unless it's hacked emulated Pokemon games...always so much better.

Okay, thanks for answering guys. Such a pity..., though.

• 4 weeks later...

Gecko is a program you use to run games with the wii. It allows you to use codes via an SD card while still owning the game. It also allows you to get past the region lock.

So... put in the Japanese game and have the codes in the SD card, then it should work perfectly.