Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

That response from Scorri reminds me of some or our IRC convo's from SFM. I frankly don't like it, the first paragraph or the vote for Core.

I say we lynch Helios today but I want to wait until we at least get some nice talking in here first. Specifically I still want Cam to answer my questions whenever he gets back from traveling or whatever he's doing.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Shinori I have a question. Why specifically do you not like my vote for Core? Because it's not Helios? Because you don't agree with it? Or some other reason? Right now I have two major scum reads. One just managed to get to L-2 in half an hour, and the other one's been kinda flying under the radar. I figured that, since I want the day phase to go for as long as possible since that helps town out and hurts the mafia since they can't day talk and thus that increases the likelyhood of a scum slip, I would vote for the one who hasn't had a lot of attention thrown his way. This vote shows what I'm thinking, and it doesn't result in someone being in L-1 when the phase has barely started.

Rapier, when you wake up, reads.

Also, I didn't like Paperblade's vote here, esp. if Helios flips scum, since it makes me think he's avoiding wagon that would turn out town. It's kind of opportunistic, and he really didn't do anything other than that with regards to the time near phase end. The only thing that makes me question that is his really solid play on Day 1.

What exactly did Rapier do that was scummy? He gave solid reads the entire day and was lynched because people didn't like his playstyle or activity or something. I'm literally rereading the thread and eclipse basically said she found his content lacking and then you and Aere jumped on him.

That being said, both Helios (for that D1 play...) and Core are looking really bad to me right now. Honestly, I find the fact that Core put down a vote at the last minute like that far more suspicious than people who weren't voting. That plus general lack of reads yesterday/being willing to go after his convictions and just something feeling off about his posts make me think he's scummy.

##Vote: Delirium

Expand upon this please Scorri, what else do you not like about Core and his day one play? I want to know. What besides the vote clicks scum!Core to you?

Lesse...

I could've posted more but I would've ended up just repeating what others have said, because they beat me to it.

You shouldn't have claimed cam, but it's too late for that.

Rein's assessment of Cam seems shallow. I don't see how this makes him more likely to be mafia. Unless you just meant that he is awful in general, which I sort of agree with.

This post here for one thing. He hadn't posted anything of substance, and then when poked about it says that he would have just repeated things. He then tosses out two little things that were sort of obvious to kind of appease people and get them to back off of him.

He then later says that he's refusing to say opinions because they echo other people's opinions and he doesn't want to get lynched for that again. But that doesn't mean he shouldn't give what he's thinking because there's no way that it's exactly what other people are thinking. Even if it's very similar, it's not going to be exactly the same. He then goes on to say that Rein's case against Cam is good, but he just doesn't agree that Cam is scum. However, he previously said that Rein's assessment was shallow. This seems to contradict.

He then says he wasn't voting anyone because his reads aren't strong enough to pursue, and then drops down two reads on people that basically say nothing and says he'll post more reads later. He then says Helios is scum and so is Elie, mentioning the fact that he doesn't care that his vote seems like an OMGUS. There's no real need to mention the fact that he's voting for someone that's voting him. If he thought Elie was scum he should have voted Elie no matter what.

After Elie is modkilled, he says we should NL, says he wants a Helios lynch, then jumps on the let's lynch Rapier lynch (yes he doesn't vote him until the end, but he unvotes Helios which puts Rapier in the getting lynched spot) but doesn't commit to it. And then he sneaks in that last minute "Let's show that I'm actually committed to this lynch and i'm not just pushing at a lynch and then not voting for the town person so i don't look bad" vote.

So there. That's why I think he's scum.

Scorri please explain to me why you had a no vote last phase when you specifically said you would have a vote at phase end.

Cam the same goes to you. I want explanations from both of you.

the first answer that comes to mind is "i never stated i'd have a vote by phase end" but that's terrible and i think i actually did say that (?) so

My original intention was to reread for the entire 15 minutes and have a vote just before phase end. Obviously that never happened because I was exhausted and couldn't manage to get anything out of that and I saw the phase end post just before I finished rereading the last page. If I'd had another 10 minutes I would have voted between Helios and Scorri for both basically doing the same thing (fluff).

also could someone please explain to me why we ended up lynching rapier yesterday because i really wasn't seeing it

This probably won't mean much to you, but after getting lynched early in the last 2 mafia games, I'm trying very hard to not get lynched early in these two mafia games, and that might be why I seem scummy.

Also, you're exaggerating to create a case.

This post here for one thing. He hadn't posted anything of substance, and then when poked about it says that he would have just repeated things. He then tosses out two little things that were sort of obvious to kind of appease people and get them to back off of him.

Which was exactly my point...my thoughts were obvious and here you are pressuring me for them.

He then goes on to say that Rein's case against Cam is good, but he just doesn't agree that Cam is scum. However, he previously said that Rein's assessment was shallow. This seems to contradict.

I said it was okay, meaning that I don't think Rein is scummy for it.

There's no real need to mention the fact that he's voting for someone that's voting him.

Again, paranoia

After Elie is modkilled, he says we should NL

I suggested it as an option. No way did I say it was the best option.

And regarding Helios and Rapier, I was suspicious of both but slightly preferred a Helios lynch, but perhaps I was too worried about a tie, and didn't have enough time to think about it. That's why I waffled, I guess. I agree that the waffling doesn't look so great.

@Scorri: Frankly your vote on Core looks opportunistic. I'm fine an dandy with you not voting helios, because obviously I'm not voting Helios and I also don't want the phase to end right away. I feel that you are trying to make yourself look better town wise by putting pressure on someone that might look scummy to players, and because of his waffling and his inability to vote properly at phase end it does look bad for Core. However compared to Cam, who has been utterly unhelpful, and Helios who has vanished or something, you prefer to vote Core. Mind you I'm thinking from the perspective that you are indeed scum. I am pretty much tunneling you but I keep getting reactions and answers that I don't like. I actually think that Core is town, especially compared to the other two players who did nothing last phase.

As we stated counting out Helios because we don't want to lynch yet, there is Core and Cam who didn't vote and played scummy yesterday. You yourself said you felt better about Cam after his granny claim and what not, do you actually think that Cam is town? If so with his role, the cops role, and my role, why aren't you questioning the three "loldon'tlookatme" abilities? One of them is most likely scum and it obviously can't be the cop which would leave myself and Cam. And if you think Cam is town why not argue your point against me?

@Cam: People weren't voting, he wasn't talking, he didn't claim, it was really stupid of people to lynch him. And if you really weren't seeing it then why didn't you vote for helios or someone else so that there would at least be a chance he didn't get lynched. I really don't like how you supposedly spent 15 minutes reading everything that close to phase end without dropping a vote if you "Weren't seeing" the Rapier lynch.

I'm tunneling pretty bad but I just really don't like these responses.

##Unvote

##Vote: Cam

I say we lynch this today since all of the 3 "DON'TTOUCHME" roles. We can get Helios tomorrow.

wait a sec is your entire case on me 'i don't like how cam unvoted and how he was too tired to read fast'

like what

in what scenario would that be to scum!cam's advantage

just

Shinori:

a) If you're tunneling someone, it's usually considered a good idea to back off of them for a while and think about someone else for a while.

b) I'm not voting someone that I think other players might think is scummy, I'm voting someone that I think is scummy, have thought looks scummy for a while, and continue to think looks scummy.

c) I'm not voting Helios because I don't want the phase to end early, and having him at L-2 means if someone else votes him, he can quick hammer himself. Would prefer to avoid that thank you very much.

d) You keep bringing up Cam. It's like you think that just because you find him super scummy that means everyone else needs to find him super scummy too. Right now, I find Core more scummy than Cam. So, I'm voting him. The point isn't to vote whoever I think is the best chance at getting lynched, or who I think the most people agree with me about. The point is I'm voting one of the top two scum reads I have right now.

e) If we go with the group assumption that three roles that screw with other people targeting them can't exist in the game as all town roles, out of the three I'm currently finding you the most scummy. So...

f) As for your comment about how my play now reminds you of my play from when I was scum in previous games: lol. As it turns out, this is the first game I've lived past N1 as town. So I don't have two different play styles for town and scum. The way I play is the way I play. Deal with it.

the more i think about it i'm slowly wondering if shinori's claim is actually true

he claimed when he had basically no reason to (i think?) and was saying "don't target me" when the worst that could have happened would be a no result. I claimed because pgo could just as easily kill someone important; on my reread i'm beginning to wonder if shinori was just claiming opportunistically

ugh i'm so tired

And no cam my case isn't only that. It also has to do with pretty much your entire day 1 attitude and the fact that, as paper has brought up, too many people with roles that scream "DONT TOUCH ME".

Also if rapier wants to inspect me that's fine I don't care, if I choose to commute that proves that I didn't lie about my role I figured someone would have checked that last night since everyone was complaining about it and I said I was going to Commute.

Hell if people want I will full claim.

@Paperblade: You want to lynch between me and cam because of roles and what not sooner rather than later right? Do you mean today or tomorrow after Helios? Especially since I think you are still voting Helios.

Cause I didn't really feel like not claiming and then having a cop or some random other role visiting me and getting nothing back for a report and start yelling at me saying I was scum nexus or scum safeguard was on me or anything.

Why did you announce you have a second ability along side your granny ability for no reason? It seems so stupid.

There are a lot of people on these forums that would go "Hey I targeted shinori last night and my ability failed." Then they would assume roleblocker or something that has to do with my role, however if two people happened to target me and one person said anything about theirs failing the other would then be like WELL I KNOW WE COULDN'T HAVE BOTH BEEN BLOCKED THERE'S SOMETHING WEIRD ABOUT SHINORI'S ROLE. And then I'd get fleck for why didn't people's abilities work on me. I also just didn't feel like wasting a cops scan if said cop had chosen to investigate me. Chances of me being a viable inspect target are pretty low though anyway but whatever.