Regarding the story

Good evening SF. I have been playing shadow dragon recently and there was one thing that I could not understand quite clearly; in chapter 9 why did Marth go to The pyrathi isles and why did Mannu attack the Altean army without a cause?. Did I miss something or it was never explained.

1.) Malledus: "Sire, it's too dangerous to stay here. We must flee to Pyrathi."

I guess it's their only way of escape, seeing as they're trapped on a peninsula, and Pyrathi is just a row's away?

Source: Pyrathi is the isle due south of Talis, and Warren is the little peninsula land just south-west of Warren.

2.) Mannu calls them interlopers, I'd imagine he doesn't like the concept of a human army marching on his land, and took action, much like an average general would do if an army magically appeared on their door step.

Grust showed up in Port Warren, and Marth wasn't ready to take them on. He fled to the Pyrathi Isles to escape. Their king, Mannu, didn't like outsiders.

Source: Chapter 8 and 9.

It's not in-your-face, and it requires more thinking than your average FF game, but it's there, in the chapter prologues and pre/post-chapter content.