Tear Ring Saga Question

luigi bros

I'm going to start Tear Ring Saga soon.

I'm going to pick characters based off info on the main site, but I have three things to ask.

1. By waiting until level 20 to promote, will characters have the most amount of levels?

2. Are there places to grind like in FE2?

3. What should I definately not do? Like use certain units, make certain choices etc.

I know there's a similar topic, but I'm only looking for answers to these questions and nothing else, as I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

I'm going to start Tear Ring Saga soon.

I'm going to pick characters based off info on the main site, but I have three things to ask.

1. By waiting until level 20 to promote, will characters have the most amount of levels?

2. Are there places to grind like in FE2?

3. What should I definately not do? Like use certain units, make certain choices etc.

I know there's a similar topic, but I'm only looking for answers to these questions and nothing else, as I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

1.Yes. If you promote them at LV20, they will not need a Super Proof to get them to 40.

2.Yes. Zombie Isle, Mermel Caves, Ilia Caves, and Morse Tower.

3.You should not overuse Zeek. And you should not use Kate much as she leaves your party toward the end and won't be able to get her back until Map 38. (If was assigned to Holmes' route). (Map 39 if assigned to Runan's route).

Characters to not use

-Krisheenu

-Ruka

-Garo

-Maerhen

Edited by 曼

Promoting at 20 gets them the maximum amount of levels, but growths are not very high in this game, so promoting as soon as possible is, IMO, preferable, as the promo bonuses are generally more important. Additionally, in Narron's case, promoting him after 12 will cause him to lose out on a skill.

1 : Yes. This allows for more levels and to obtain skills that would require a Super Proof otherwise. For example, you'd want to promote Kreiss at level 17 or higher if you want Awareness, which is obtained at level 37. Keep in mind some characters ask for an early promotion for a certain skill, such as Narron mentionned above.

2 : Yes, but only Holmes' party has the freedom to move at will. An area should spawn with Zombies and Mummies. The Mummies in particular give a lot of experience even at higher levels, while lower levelled characters like Sun and Frau will find them easy to kill, since they usually have HP in their early teens and little to no defense. Later in the game, you can access various encounters that respawn, as well as the Mermel Caves and the Tower of Morse. The latter two contain various treasures of variable rarity, ranging from common weapons to stat boosters.

3 : Woodshooters and Armorknights tend to be terrible due to a low movement of 3, but some of them have potential, while their natural defense is also handy in a pinch since shields break easily. Lina appears late and has no strength to speak of, so she's definitely awful. Maerhen is a bad fighter and makes units around him worse by lowering their accuracy and avoid by 50%, but since he can open locks and chests, he does have some uses. Finally, Ruka is ill-advised among the units in Verge. Narron is among the best mounted units in the game, Lionel is an equivalent on foot, Lee offers healing, strong magical damage and the Defense staff, while even Ezekiel is still an average unit who helps in keeping Leteena permanently without sacrificing Kreiss. All Ruka is good for is being a poor archery unit generally outclassed by Lady Knights. He also has to sacrifice himself to make Raquel kill human enemies, but she's fine against monsters in her own right and she's not that powerful either.

Edited by Dio

I have 2 another questions.

I plan on arena abusing (I'm at chapter 7), but I'm wondering something.

Runan and Raffin can go to level 30, but can still promote. Should I stop at level 20 or go for 30? (time is not a problem)

I know Sasha learns a skill at level 10 as a Princess, so should I wait until level 20 to go to Pegasus Knight, or at level 10?

And another question: I noticed that Mariah learns a skill as a level 12 (I think 12) Mage and a different skill as a level 12 Sage. If I promote her at level 12 will I get both? If I can only get one which is better?

Go for it. Keep in mind that arenas still build kills on weapons to get some critical bonus, unlike in FE4. This way, you can use the Repair Hammers (they can be bought in the item shop for 8000 G) to repair an item of your choice entirely. It doesn't work on weapons with a star IIRC.

Preferably 10. Sasha could really use the promotion. Arguably you might just want to promote her at level 8 if you want to arena abuse her to the maximum. Sure, it takes more time without Elite, but it frees up a skill slot if you intend to use it for something else.

I'm not certain if you can get both, but Life or Death is definitely better. Geomancy negates Defense/Resistance, which means very little for a magician such as her. Try to promote her at level 15 and see if she can learn it anyway.

Edited by Dio

Thank you.

I have another question.

If I have a character hold 4 shields, would I get 4 times the defense boost for the standard number of hits, or would it be the standard bonus for 4 times as many hits?

The latter. Shields that boost the same defensive stat don't stack with each other. So a Wood Shield and a Magic Shield will give you +4 DEF and +7 RES, but two Wood Shields will just give you +4 DEF for 8 hits instead of 4.

The latter. Shields that boost the same defensive stat don't stack with each other. So a Wood Shield and a Magic Shield will give you +4 DEF and +7 RES, but two Wood Shields will just give you +4 DEF for 8 hits instead of 4.

OK. Thanks.

I have another question.

I've been arena abusing, and I've seen some units fall behind.

So is it worth using Raffin, Bartz, or Narron? They look inferior to other units, but I may be having bad luck with the RNG.

Also, I promoted Narron at level 11 to get a skill, so assuming he's worth it, should I use my only superproof on him?

Narron's utility mostly comes from his levelling speed and his promotion bonuses while Raphin promotes into a flyer who can use lances on foot. Do continue to use them.

Barts can be replaced easily by Samson if you feel like it.

Perhaps. See if he misses some stats at level 31. If he does, consider giving him the Super Proof. He otherwise doesn't really need it.

Edited by Dio

Narron's utility mostly comes from his levelling speed and his promotion bonuses while Raphin promotes into a flyer who can use lances on foot. Do continue to use them.

Barts can be replaced easily by Samson if you feel like it.

Perhaps. See if he misses some stats at level 31. If he does, consider giving him the Super Proof. He otherwise doesn't really need it.

OK.

Is the Axefighter class even worth using? Axes seem so inaccurate.

If Narron's biggest plus is leveling speed, since I'm arena abusing, is it that big of a benefit?

Edit: Forgot to ask: Is Enteh enough for healing? If not should I focus on Plum or Mel?

Edited by luigi bros

Axes are good in this game.

Axes of note include:

Scissor Axe - Best accuracy

Hammer/Poleaxe - Effective damage

Dolharken - High-use axe which HALVES incoming damage

Narron's biggest plus is not his leveling speed. It's the fact that if you promote him ASAP, he'll break the game in half with ease.

Definitely train a second healer a bit. On EACH route.

Axes of note include:

Narron's biggest plus is not his leveling speed. It's the fact that if you promote him ASAP, he'll break the game in half with ease.

OK.

But is Bartz good?

I'll use Narron.

Is Plum or Mel better? I know Plum can dance, while Mel has a horse.

Lances are better than axes, but they're not bad. They tend to have the best power among weapons, but also durability.

To add to what Kopf said, the Hatchet is fairly useful since it packs nice power and some critical. 54 Accuracy is kinda low, but it's still better than the Hand Axe's 38. Most enemies tend to have negative AS, leaving single digit avoid anyway. You also get a Master Axe in chapter 21. At 90 uses, it should last a fairly long time.

More healers is always good. Lyria also happens to heal a small amount of HP to everyone around her, gets range the more you use it, and may even refresh like a dancer. Since you arena abuse, I'm sure you'll be able to make her sing 250 times, which is the number of times needed for Sing to obtain the maximal effect.

Yeah but you can do that in about two chapters. Going from level 1 to 10 in such a short time is quite impressive. And he never really stops since he still gets massive amounts of experience per kill even when he's way ahead of everyone else in the party in temrs of levels.

But is Bartz good?

Is Plum or Mel better? I know Plum can dance, while Mel has a horse.

He's alright. He gets a lot of HP, Strength and Agility, but his other stats are kinda poor. The only skill he gets upon level up makes him a player phase monster since he can get multiple attacks in cases he misses, while his large HP can take a few hits. Sadly, Mountain Fighter gets little use past midgame, and that's only on Holmes' route.

Use both. Mel and Roger have a 15% support together, which is excellent, but don't count on her combat ever being good, even with the Thunder Sword.

Edited by Dio

Lances are better than axes, but they're not bad. They tend to have the best power among weapons, but also durability.

To add to what Kopf said, the Hatchet is fairly useful since it packs nice power and some critical. 54 Accuracy is kinda low, but it's still better than the Hand Axe's 38. Most enemies tend to have negative AS, leaving single digit avoid anyway. You also get a Master Axe in chapter 21. At 90 uses, it should last a fairly long time.

More healers is always good. Lyria also happens to heal a small amount of HP to everyone around her, gets range the more you use it, and may even refresh like a dancer. since you arena abuse, I'm sure you'll be able to make her sing 250 times, which is the number of times needed for Sing to obtain the maximal effect.

Yeah but you can do that in about two chapters. Going from level 1 to 10 in such a short time is quite impressive. And he never really stops since he still gets massive amounts of experience per kill even when he's way ahead of everyone else in the party in temrs of levels.

He's alright. He gets a lot of HP, Strength and Agility, but his other stats are kinda poor. The only skill he gets upon level up makes him a player phase monster since he can get multiple attacks in cases he misses, while his large HP can take a few hits. Sadly, Mountain Fighter gets little use past midgame, and that's only on Holmes' route.

Use both. Mel and Roger have a 15% support together, which is excellent, but don't count on her combat ever being good, even with the Thunder Sword.

I'm not using Roger.

So for healers: Enteh, Plum, and Lyria. Is that sufficient?

Also, do I have to send Sasha with Holmes in order to recruit Lionel?

Also, do I have to send Sasha with Holmes in order to recruit Lionel?

Among the units you can use are Norton, Roger (Mel needs to be with him), Kate, Sasha, Estelle and Raphin.

Roger should be on Holmes' route anyway, since Mel can get a Magic staff nearby.

Among the units you can use are Norton, Roger (Mel needs to be with him), Kate, Sasha, Estelle and Raphin.

Roger should be on Holmes' route anyway, since Mel can get a Magic staff nearby.

Use for what?

I forgot to ask: Is Bartz the best choice for an Axefighter.

If Narron's biggest plus is leveling speed, since I'm arena abusing, is it that big of a benefit?

Edit: Forgot to ask: Is Enteh enough for healing? If not should I focus on Plum or Mel?

Enteh is crucial to use.

But she's only is a healbot. Mel and Plum are special for their exclusive only staves of Magic and Defense.

And u don't really need to raise Narron in the arena. He very easily can get to LV40 by the middle of the game.

Axes of note include:

U don't really need to train healers in this game unless it's someone like Leetina. Since she can learn Summon at LV8.

Rebecca is another for Charisma LV38. Plus she won't learn Charisma till level 16. But you likely won't ever get her that amount of EXP for either skill before the game ends. You barely can get Leetina that amount of EXP and she joins at the same time as Rebecca starting with Elite.

I'm sure you'll be able to make her sing 250 times, which is the number of times needed for Sing to obtain the maximal effect.

250. What the hell are u talking about?

What happens if you have her sing 250 times?

Edited by ポーラ

You need to have any of those to get into Welt and pick a second unit.

Most people would say Samson is better.

Do I need all or one?

Why is Samson better? Like which stats?

I'd prefer not to use so many healers. Are the three I listed good?

Edited by luigi bros

One.

Almost everything except Strength is better. His skillset is better as well.

I guess.

Thank you.

Here's a list of units I am/plan to use.

Runan

Vega

Kate

Sasha

Mahter

Ruffin

Enteh

Plum

Lyria

Narron

Lionel

Holmes

Maharaj

Meriah

Samson

Xeno

+A thief when needed

Any modifications/suggestions?

Just a wondering really: Is it possible to have Plum and Lyria infinately refresh each other?

Not really. Lyria's chance of refresh is quite low.

OK. But in theory it could work? I'm just thinking that, although unlikely, it could be used for infinate EXP.