Pokemon Conquest Draft

Kaoz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've been thinking...

Yes, Hideyoshi?

The main story doesn't really flesh us out that much.

What are you complaining about? Kanbei and I don't even exist.

Yeah, and that's a problem. We're not going to "just" take over Ransei.

Sir?

We're gonna make EVERYONE have a back story!

Has he lost his marbles?

All right, you two, when you recruit someone important, let me know immediately! I will make everyone important!

Kanbei, what did you do with his meds?

Hanbei, he can hear you...

And thus began Hideyoshi's journey to make the story more interesting. How does he plan on doing it? Stay tuned~!

Story in spoilers. :P:

"Entrants, open your baskets, and. . ." For some reason, Hideyoshi and Kanbei had Zubats (I forget why I caught them), while Hanbei had a Bidoof (I think he starts with it). Pugilis just so happened to be next door, and it had a nice mine, AND everyone there was weak to Wing Attack. . .I couldn't resist. I made sure to grab all the items before recruiting everyone.

January 1 - Pugilis (success)

56 + 51 + 43 = 150

Pokemon: Zubat, Zubat, Bidoof

"AHA, our first applicant!" Hideyoshi exclaimed, as he shoved a form in front of Yoshihiro's face.

"What does this have to do with anything?" the larger warlord asked.

"We've led our nations with our trusty aides, and what do we get in return? NOTHING. I'm gonna make sure history remembers us all!" Hanbei and Kanbei stood off to the side, doing their best to be invisible.

Yoshihiro regarded the paper in his hands for a few minutes before looking up again.

"...I can't read."

---

"That took too long!" Hanbei whined, as he massaged his hand out.

"It was less than five minutes, kid," Kanbei grumbled back.

"What did Yoshihiro have to say, hmmm?" Hideyoshi mumbled to himself, as he looked over the paper.

Name: Yoshihiro

Castle: Pugilis

Hobbies: Gambling, arm wrestling, mining, crushing monkeys with my bare hands

Goals: To live a life with no regrets

"Ooh, mining. I think I know what I'll have you do!" Hideyoshi exclaimed.

"Are his eyes always this bloodshot?" Yoshihiro whispered to Kanbei.

"Only when he forgets to take his meds."

Ally update: Got two generics. One has a Tepig, another will get use as soon as I get Excadrill in the wild (it was her perfect link, stop looking at me like that). All allies that I can use in battle will be used as such. Everyone else will be dedicated to acquiring resources and the like. I'll note the battle allies here, since no one cares if I recruit an army of kingdom improvement drones.

===

March 1 - Aurora (success)

79 + 78 + 67 + 44 = 268

Pokemon: Zubat, Zubat, Bidoof, Tepig

Hideyoshi had picked up a Power Wristband, and this allowed him to do crazy things like OHKO Jigglypuff from behind (and that sounds wrong). Tepig chipped, and its damage was outpaced by Bidoof (really). Kanbei flew around and hit what he could. I managed to wrap the battle up in three turns, which meant I recruited everyone! I can use two of my recruits immediately (Petilil, Minccino), and two after I conquer stuff/upgrade (Sandile, Cinccino).

"W-what is this for?" Oichi stammered, as she glanced over the form.

"I want to make everyone important!" Hideyoshi exclaimed. "Therefore, I'm collecting information on all the famous people in Ransei!"

"I had the entire main story devoted to my journey with eclipse and her conquest of Ransei," came the curt reply.

"Who's eclipse? What are you talking about?" Hanbei and Kanbei looked at each other and nodded in agreement.

"I think she lost her meds, too," Hanbei whispered.

"eclipse is the greatest warlord to grace Ransei! She even beat Nobunaga!" The room fell silent.

"Look, miss, I'm not sure what fanfic you've been reading, but I've never heard of anyone named eclipse. Can you fill out that form, so we can make the story more interesting?" Tears welled up in Oichi's eyes. She looked at the form again, and ripped it in half.

"HOW DARE YOU ASK ME ABOUT MY AGE!!!!"

---

"Is this better?" Oichi nodded, before picking up a pen and writing.

Name: Oichi

Castle: Aurora

Hobbies: Arranging flowers, tea ceremonies, shopping, stabbing monkeys

Goals: To stop my idiot brother before he destroys Ransei

"Shopping is something I don't like, so you can procure supplies!" Hideyoshi exclaimed, while waving Oichi's form around.

"I'm not sure if I like those monkey entries," Kanbei whispered to Hanbei.

===

April 1 - Greenleaf (success)

98 + 86 + 31 + 61 = 276

Pokemon: Zubat, Zubat, Tepig, Minccino

Motonari had five units, and I had four, three of which dealt super-effective damage to him. Of his army, two were defeated before they could deal damage to me, and the others were weak to Wing Attack. With five new recruits, I'm feeling a lot better. I considered having Oichi solo Motochika, but I think I can wait a month and solidify stuff.

"Who wrote this up?" Motonari mumbled.

"I did, because Kanbei was busy and Hanbei was too tired!" The two in question shook their heads.

"The number of spellinge errors on it is an insult to language!"

"Are you volunteering to rewrite it?" Kanbei asked uncertainly.

"If it'll get rid of the eyesore that's in front of me." Hanbei stared in disbelief.

---

"What the--I can't understand half the words on here!" Hideyoshi exclaimed.

"Neither can I," Hanbei whispered to Kanbei.

"Lord Motonari, while you are indeed a learned man, I fear that the others may have problems comprehending your illustrious way of writing. For their sake, can you simplify it a little?" Kanbei asked as humbly as he could.

"Hmph, it seems at least one of you has a functioning brain. Very well."

---

"Yes, this will do nicely. Thank you, Motonari." Hideyoshi licked his lips as he read the revised application.

Name: Motonari

Castle: Greenleaf

Hobbies: Reseaching Pokemon, sampling tea, making monkeys do my dishes

Goals: To spread knowledge across Ransei

"Th-this is it!" Oichi squealed, as she snatched the application out of Hideyoshi's grasp.

"What are you talking about girlie?"

"Look at Motonari's hobbies! It says 'staring dreamily into eclipse's clear aquamarine eyes while taking her dainty hands into his grasp and telling her that he's the only one for her, and--'"

"I'm positive I did not write such drivel. It clearly says I'm interested in researching Pokemon." Everyone was shocked into silence when Yoshihiro slammed his fist into the nearest wall.

"My apologies, Miss Oichi, but it's time for your meds."

"But Yoshihiro, WHY? All they do is put me to sleep!"

"Perhaps you should stop taking half the bottle at once." Oichi pouted as Yoshihiro led her out of the room.

"What have I gotten myself into? I'm supposed to be researching Pokemon!"

Ally update: While I was busy conquering Greenleaf, Oichi and Hanbei snagged me a generic who has Monferno in his arsenal. Guess who's gonna be used in the near future?

===

May 1 - Fontaine

114 + 59 + 105 + 80 + 32 = 390

Pokemon: Zubat, Petilil, Zubat, Tepig, Petilil

Thanks Motonari's army for the extra Petilil! With that, I was able to march in, and take names. The Tepig was around because someone had a Beldum. Managed to get 5/6 recruited (missed the dude with the Blitzle, but space is tight in my kingdom!) My Zubat army is still OHKOing the weaker generics.

"Alright, it's your turn! Please fill this form out!" Motochika arched an eyebrow at Hideyoshi, who ignored it.

"He's been doing this to everyone," Motonari explained, a hand over his mouth.

"I--wait, I can't understand most of the words on this thing!"

"Ah, the perils of being uneducated," Motonari noted. Hanbei idly wondered if Motonari was attempting to stifle a giggle.

"You got a problem with those of us who worked our way up from the bottom?" Yoshihiro boomed, as he cracked his knuckles.

"It's n-not you! Motochika was in the same school as I was, and he always cut class!" The larger warlord glared, but didn't press the point.

"HANBEI! YOU HAVE WORK TO DO!"

"Yes, Lord Hideyoshi. When did I become an interpreter?"

---

"Ohoho, what do we have here?"

Name: Motochika

Castle: Fontaine, yo

Hobbies: Composing music, performing for my fans, signing autographs, drowning monkeys

Goals: To become Ransei's biggest rock star

"How can you become a rock star when we're missing basics such as amps, colored lights, and centralized electricity?" Kanbei pondered aloud

"Y'know, I struck up a deal with Ginchiyo and Ieyasu. Their stuff for part of the profits. It works, yo!"

"It says here you're the head of Fontaine, which is the water nation. . ." Hideyoshi trailed off.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You do not smell like it."

"What're you talkin' about, man? Girls dig the natural scent!" As if on cue, Oichi entered the room. Her eyes went wide, and whatever she wanted to say came out as a gasp before she fainted on the spot.

"See what I mean? Another fangirl, totally taken by me."

"That doesn't look like a healthy shade of green," Yoshihiro commented.

"This is Ignis. We have hot springs. You're ordered to use them on a daily basis. Oh, and wash your clothes, too."

"Aw, man. Totally uncool!" Motonari snickered.

"Does this mean I have to take a bath daily, too, Kanbei?" Hanbei whispered.

"Why AREN'T you taking a bath daily, Hanbei?"

"MEEP!"

While that was happening, kingdom improvements in Pugilis were underway. Time to get Monferno unlocked for good.

I start gathering resources and unlocking stuff in June/July 1, mainly:

- Monferno (Farm level 2, Pugilis)

- Riolu, Gyarados (Farm level 3, Pugilis and Ravine level 3, Fontaine, respectively)

Starly and Minccino were unlocked the minute I took over Aurora. Sewaddle and Petilil were available as soon as I got Greenleaf. I've already got a little less than half my draft team!

===

August 1 - Terrera

50 + 100 + 36 + 57 + 91 + 50 = 384

Pokemon: Riolu, Bidoof, Starly, Minccino, Gyarados, Sewaddle

Nobuchika came with a Gyarados, and I gave Yoshihiro a Riolu for whatever weird reason. This was a banner battle, so I could afford to be a bit weaker. Sewaddle and Starly were on banner duty, while everyone else took care of Shingen's forces. Riolu got me both Shingen and Kunoichi. Due to the way everything worked out, I couldn't get to Yukimura (Gyarados wound up OHKOing him).

"Two of you this time? No matter. Both of you need to fill this out!" The two captured Terrerans exchanged looks.

"Pah, I have no time for idle paperwork. Kunoichi, fill this out for me!" The girl in question turned and glared at Shingen.

"Excuse ME? You're relegating me to secretary because I'm a GIRL? I'm a working woman, through and through! Fill it out yourself, you chauvanistic pig!"

"You're going to do it because my first choice of secretary, Yukimura, turned tail and fled the minute he saw a Sewaddle." Yoshihiro cleared his throat loudly. He whispered something to Shingen.

"You, with the dopey hat," Shingen addressed roughly.

"Aw, NOT AGAIN! I have better things to do with my time."

"Since that useless girl over there is incapable of doing this form, you're gonna do it for me." Kunoichi's face turned red, but she kept silent.

"What do I look like, government assistance?" Hanbei's shoulders slumped when he saw that most of the room agreed with that sentiment.

"I don't get paid enough for this!"

---

Name: Shingen

Castle: Terrera

Hobbies: Critiquing plays, winning battles, drinking sake, and pounding monkeys flat

Goals: To scrape the remains of that worm Kenshin off my tabi

Name: Kunoichi (I've got another name, but that's not of your business!)

Castle: Terrera (and not by choice!)

Hobbies: Training, promoting women's rights, sticking pig-monkeys

Goals: For everyone to have equal opportunities in Ransei, regardless of gender

"How, uh, interesting," Hideyoshi stammered, as he looked at the two opposites. "I'm sure we'll find a place for both of you!"

"As long as that. . .little girl doesn't get in my way, I'm fine," Shingen growled.

"I refuse to work with someone who can't see past my gender," Kunoichi retorted.

"We could use some help in the mines. Wanna come?" Yoshihiro asked. A few minutes later, the two men walked out, laughing heartily.

"Now, then, Kunoichi--" Kanbei started.

"What ABOUT me?" she asked crossly.

"If we are to utilize you, we need to know what you were doing in Terrera," he answered evenly.

"My, a man that doesn't patronize me! What a relief! And what are YOU doing, mister?" she snapped at Motonari, who had been unabashedly listening in.

"I apologize, but I've never met a woman with as much spirit as you. I, too, am interested in hearing what you did in Terrera, in the hopes of one day making Greenleaf a more progressive place." Kunoichi chuckled.

"You two know how to sweet-talk a lady! Here goes!"

---

"That could've been worse." Kanbei looked at the notes he'd collected.

"She was definitely a handful. Why did you volunteer yourself like that?" Motonari asked.

"I'll take half an hour of torture over her sitting in the castle and moping all day long," came the reply. A small smile found its way to Motonari's lips.

"You are a brave man, indeed."

"Are you always this ingratiatingly nice?" Kanbei snapped.

"I had three older sisters. It comes with the territory."

Thanks to improvements in Terrera, I can now use Larvitar/Pupitar. It'll take a bit, but I'm gunning for Krokorok, Excadrill, Pupitar, and Steelix. All at once.

===

September 1 - Violight

81 + 122 + 82 + 46 + 85 + 108 = 523

Pokemon: Petilil, Bidoof, Minccino, Sandile, Monferno, Tepig

I don't care if this is way too many Pokemon, Emolga is irritating. For me to recruit Ginchiyo, I had to land one non-Intimidate Headbutt, one non-Intimidated Mega Drain, one Intimidated Headbutt and one Intimidated Mega Drain, all before four turns had passed. This means I miss Muneshige, but I'm sure he'll turn up sooner than later. Ginchiyo's important, because I gave her a Joltik way back when. PARTY TIME!

"Oh, another female warrior. We've been getting a lot of those lately," Hideyoshi commented idly. Kanbei nervously looked around for Kunoichi, but if she was in the room, she didn't show it.

"I am NOT my station," Ginchiyo retorted icily. "I am a person!"

"Ah, you are absolutely right! Here, fill this form out. Let us know all about Ginchiyo the person!"

---

"I can't read this," Hideyoshi admitted in defeat. Hanbei glanced at the form before shaking his head. Kanbei did likewise.

"This like cursive, but even more ridiculous to read," Motonari mumbled.

"Dude, books are for losers," Motochika grumbled.

"At least you had the opportunity to learn how to read when you were young!" Yoshihiro roared. Oichi shrank back.

"Ah, THIS is the mark of a strong-willed man! It takes great concentration to produce such fine calligraphy. Hmm, that's an odd name for a man, but no matter!" Shingen cleared his throat and read the form aloud.

Name: Ginchiyo

Castle: Violight

Hobbies: Singing, minding children, electrocuting monkeys

Goals: To live my life according to what I want to do, not the expectations of others

"Those are very strange hobbies for a manly man, but no mere woman could have that kind of goa--AHHH!" Shingen gasped and collapsed. Ginchiyo stood behind him, fist cocked for another strike.

"Don't judge me by what you expect me to be. Judge me as I am now!" she yelled. Everyone took several steps back.

"Y-you are going to have great stories written about you, G-Ginchiyo," Hanbei stammered out.

"You learn quickly."

Some thieves attack me. They underestimate Hideyoshi's gang. Hideyoshi and Kanbei beat up the Galvantula. For shame. I continue my improvements on Terrera, because I want to use my Excadrill.

===

October 1 - Chrysalia

138 + 106 + 125 = 369

Pokemon: Zubat, Monferno, Tepig

Yoshimoto doesn't deserve any more than this. Zubat for mobility and trap dodging, Monferno for muscle, and Tepig for sniping. Yoshimoto didn't stand a chance (Zubats can't be poisoned, either, and his entire team did squat to Hideyoshi). His entire castle falls under my jurisdiction!

"Oh, you've got a lovely project going!" Yoshimoto exclaimed, as he frantically scribbled on the form that Hideyoshi gave out. "The more people that know about Pokemari, the better!" The Original Ignis Trio exchanged worried looks.

---

Name: Yoshimoto

Castle: Chrysalia

Hobbies: Pokemari, squashing monkeys with Pokemari balls

Goals: To spread the love of Pokemari everywhere!

"That was surprisingly normal," Kanbei commented.

"I am a fan of Pokemari, that's all. I'm pretty boring once you see beyond that," Yoshimoto explained calmly.

"Boring? I could use more of that," Hanbei said as cheerily as he could.

"You're too young to be jaded, kid."

"Yoshimoto: The Story of the Everyman. I think it'll work out just fine!" Hideyoshi interjected.

"Are you well, Hideyoshi? Your face seems a bit flushed."

"We still haven't found his meds," Hanbei whispered.

Edited by eclipse

• 2 weeks later...

November 1 - Illusio

136 + 68 + 127 = 331

Pokemon: Sandile, Bidoof, Monferno

Before battle, a Gyarados showed up in Fontaine, so Motochika got it.

The Sandile was immune to a lot of things (two Ralts and a Shinx). Hanbei was brought along for recruiting purposes, and Monferno was used as muscle. Claimed my own banner, then got lucky and caught the warp to the banner guarded by the Shinx. While that battle raged, Kanetsugu and Aya paid me a visit. Monferno OHKO'd Aya, so I couldn't recruit her. Kanetsugu didn't bother attacking, which meant that Hanbei could recruit him. After dealing with that, the warp led me to the platform with an Axew. Bidoof had enough HP to survive two Dragon Rages, which wound up saving the run. Managed to get Monferno over to Kenshin's platform, which took way too long, IMO. Wound up finishing the Shinx after fifteen turns, and Kenshin on the end of my second-to-the-last turn. Finished the map on the last turn possible. SCARY!

"I give my all, and they leave me behind. So much for honor and loyalty," Kanetsugu complained bitterly.

"AHAHAHA! One of Kenshin's lowly minions! Come here so I can turn you into paste!" Shingen roared. Ginchiyo glared at Shingen and cracked her knuckles. Shingen stopped walking towards Kanetsugu, but continued to glare at him.

"How 'bout I take that fan of yours and--" Kanetsugu started, but was cut off by Hideyoshi.

"Hey, there's little kids in the room. You're setting a bad example for them!" Hanbei pretended not to hear that. Oichi stuck her tongue out at Hideyoshi.

"You're Illusio's representative, so fill this out!" Kanbei's left eyebrow twitched. Hideyoshi was making enemies at an impressive rate.

Name: Kanetsugu

Castle: Illusio

Hobbies: Smashing boulders with my bare fists, felling trees with a single blow, throwing monkeys like rag dolls

Goals: To take over Ransei because the rest of you are incompetent

"Amazing," Hideyoshi breathed. "It's rare to get someone with such great physical strength and intelligence."

"He has no concept of sarcasm," Motonari whispered to Kanbei.

"He has very little concept of things outside of his head," Kanbei whispered back.

"We shall train well together, little one!" Yoshihiro exclaimed, as he gave Kanetsugu a hearty clap on the back. Kanetsugu collapsed into a white heap.

"Totally lame," Motochika grumbled.

Edited by eclipse

December 1 - Yaksha

98 + 101 + 209 + 73 + 165 + 89 = 735

Pokemon: Petilil, Riolu, Bibarel, Riolu, Monferno, Staravia

So that guy with the Gabite came around, and Ujiyasu's stupidly strong. Kotaro wasn't (he was at a piddling 980), so I decided that he'd make a better punching bag.

For this to work, two things had to happen. The first was that the initial roulette had to target one of his Pokemon. The second was that I needed to inflict a status effect on Kotaro's Deino within the first two turns, or I'd take too much damage. Between Hanbei's Bibarel and Yoshihiro's Riolu, I pulled a paraflinch, which was more than I could dare to hope for. Kanetsugu's moment in the sun was to give Bibarel a Rally boost. . .and to absorb some damage, but eh. A generic with Monferno beat up Beedrill. Oichi's Petilil did decent damage on the two Sandiles, and Staravia was to distract Pawniard for a single, critical turn (so Monferno would survive). I managed to recruit every single person in Kotaro's castle, and have a generic with a Krokrok in the wings! During the enemy phase, Ujiyasu attacked, but two Riolus and a Petilil ruined his day.

Also during this month, I found Yukimura. He screamed when he saw two Joltiks staring at him (courtesy of Ginchiyo and Yoshimoto), then joined me on the condition that I didn't tell anyone about that. :P:

"Tepig, come closer. This guy doesn't believe in central lighting," Hideyoshi whispered. "Oof, a wall! Wait, that was too soft to be a wall?"

"How pathetic," Kotaro growled. Hideyoshi squeaked. Suddenly, the entire room lit up. Hanbei backed away from the wall, puzzled.

"Why'd you have to ruin the fun?" Kanetsugu complained.

"Oh, uh, since we can all see, fill this out!" Kotaro made it a point to slowly undo his claws, much to Hideyoshi's discomfort.

Name: Kotaro

Castle: Yaksha

Hobbies: Collecting barrettes, hair styling, throwing monkeys into the nearest pit

Goals: To open the most fabulous hair salon in Ransei

"Totally sick, a hair stylist! Do you take appointments?" Motochika said, oblivious to the glares of mostly everyone else.

"Not for the likes of you!" came the angry reply.

"Oh, it ain't for me. It's for the working chick who doesn't have time to do it right. I think she'd look fabulous with layered hair," the self-proclaimed rocker rambled.

"Are you implying that--WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Kunoichi protested, as Kotaro undid her hair ties.

"Her natural waves would make her layers look like an afro. I'd recommend a shoulder-length cut. Enough to bring out her feminine beauty, but not enough to interfere with her busy lifestyle." Several of the men watched in amusement as Kunoichi's expression went from outraged to flustered.

"I--uh, don't have time to sit down for such things!" she said as quickly as she could, before running out of the room. Before anyone could comment, a scream echoed from the back of the room. A white streak flew down the room. Kanetsugu whistled innocently as he put his foot out. The streak faceplanted into an undignified heap. A Pokemon followed, seemingly winded.

"Oh my, what do we have here? Now, now, Joltik, no need to be frightened. I'm sure the person over there didn't mean you harm," Yoshimoto said calmly, as the Pokemon in question crawled up his shoulder. The person made it to his hands and knees, and made the mistake of looking up.

"You. . .own. . .that thing. . ." he gasped out.

"Why, yes, Joltik is one of my Pokemon. He's quite gentle. Do you want to hold him? Oh, dear, I think he fainted."

---

Hideyoshi scanned the newcomer's application, and shook his head. His hands had been shaking so badly that Hanbei had to write it out for him.

Name: Yukimura

Castle: Terrera

Hobbies: Playing Pokemari, cooking, throwing monkeys to the bugs

Goals: To become a professional Pokemari player

"That was a terrible showing," Shingen scolded. "One of Kenshin's retainers is here, and all you can do is scream as a Joltik follows you."

"I--I'm sorry, s--sir, but you know how much I dislike bug Pokemon," the newcomer stuttered. "It--it was trying to crawl on me!"

"Just like how you fled the battlefield when you saw that Sewaddle," his boss grumbled. "Yukimura, what am I going to do with you?"

"He's got quite a bit of stamina," Yoshimoto commented. "I think he'd be better off playing Pokemari."

"P-pokemari? I love playing Pokemari!"

"That's great! Once this little campaign is over, we can go to Chrysalia and train!" The color drained out of Yukimura's face.

"Chr--rysalia? The place full of bugs?"

"I am the leader of Chrysalia. Oh my, he's fainted again. This certainly isn't a normal reaction." Shingen sighed.

"When he was a little boy, a Pineco landed on his lunch. He hasn't been the same since."

Edited by eclipse

I am NOT feeling the writing right now, so here's my progress.

January, Year 2

Recruited Muneshige with Yoshimoto. Kotaro caught himself a Bibarel so he can start being useful.

February, Year 2 - Avia

243 + 215 + 154 = 612

Pokemon: Bibarel, Monferno, Gyarados

Masamune was busy conquering stuff, so I took advantage of his not-fully-defended castle and kicked him out. Monferno 2HKO'd Scyther, and did impressive damage to everything else. Quick Strike and Bibarel broke the Fury Cutter chain, and Gyarados dodged a Roggenrola.

Valora

65 + 178 = 243

Pokemon: Tepig, Gyarados

The dude with the Gabite forgot to talk to Ieyasu, so this was a lot less headache-inducing than the other battle. Tepig came along to earn experience, and to make sure that I could distribute Ieyasu's troops to other castles. Muneshige and his Gyarados swept the place clean (Ieyasu's gang was two-thirds weak to Aqua Tail, and those corridors made it so much easier for enemies to line up for one big swat). Recruited everyone except for Ina. I had to keep this castle clear because my final goal was. . .

Dragnor

152 + 125 + 171 + 190 = 638

Pokemon: Riolu, Zubat, Sandile, Krokrok

Either Masamune would take him over, or I'd have to conquer him. Since Gabite can be annoying at high levels, I went for the latter. I'll also get Ranmaru, who perfect links with Riolu. Using superior tactics brute strength, managed to muscle everyone except Nobunaga into joining me. On the upside, I don't have to worry about the enemy using Ranmaru's Empathy!

I have six castles in danger of being attacked. I don't think I have thirty-six people with drafted Pokemon to defend them all. Time to get creative.

March, Year 2 - Cragspur

277 + 234 + 253 + 269 + 205 = 1238

Pokemon: Bibarel, Gyarados, Sandile, Gyarados, Monferno

Someone famous was hiding in Cragspur, so I had to beat up Ujiyasu. Monferno burned the Servine and Grovyle to a crisp, Sandile harried Kai and Ujiyasu into Muneshige Aqua Tail range, the Larvitar was turned into a speed bump, and I missed the old man with the Staravia by 1 HP. Intimidate/Frighten is an amazing combo! Once I kicked everyone out. . .great, it's Nene. Better she's on my side than the enemy's, I guess.

Edited by eclipse

March, Year 2 - Nixtorm

257 + 103 + 147 + 160 = 667

Pokemon: Bibarel, Starly, Staravia, Tepig

Gracia can't attack, and she can't navigate on ice. The biggest threats were the two Zubats, followed by a Cubchoo. Once I took care of those, everyone else surrendered nicely. Staravia for MVP.

Viperia

162 + 139 + 148 + 93 + 83 = 625

Pokemon: Gyarados, Zubat, Riolu, Sewaddle, Tepig

By right, I should've lost this one when I accidentally let Cubchoo get too close to Sewaddle. Luckily, the AI is terrible about capitalizing on mistakes. Gyarados' job was to shove people off of banners, so someone more worthy could take them. Couldn't kill the Drifloon, but everything else died (not my fault that Magoichi tried to pick a fight with Zubat).

During the enemy phase, Masamune, No, and Magoichi attempted to retake Avia. After beating up Masamune and No, Magoichi just sat there until time ran out (in other words, I won).

April, Year 2 - Spectra, the final reckoning

Limitations: Six different Pokemon, all members must be able to recruit other famous people

92 + 234 + 171 + 281 + 239 + 175 = 1192

Pokemon and people: Hideyoshi (Tepig), Motochika (Gyarados), Yoshimoto (Joltik), Hanbei (Bibarel), Kanbei (Golbat), Kanetsugu (Riolu)

So, in order. . .

- Yoshimoto OHKOs Okuni. Sucks to be her.

- Gracia was in the way, and was run over by Hanbei.

- Magoichi thought Kanbei was a girl. Kanbei objected. Magoichi joined.

- Yoshimoto had just enough juice to OHKO Lapras, and got Mitsuhide to join.

- Yoshimoto objected to the way Masamune handled his Bug Pokemon. Masamune picked a fight, lost, and joined me because of his bet.

- No decided that it would be a cold day in hell before she'd let Motochika hit on her, and fled.

And with that, Ransei was conquered.

CREDIT ROLL (other famous/useful people in the game):

Aya (Froslass): Had I recruited her with Kanetsugu, she would've been way more useful. I wanted to use her as a healer, but alas.

Ginchiyo (Joltik): She was used more as a guard than a fighter (but that's because no one wanted to march against her)

Hanzo (Gengar): "History can say that I was on the side that won".

Ieyasu (Aggron): I couldn't think of a use for him.

Kai (Darmatian): She would've been a force to be reckoned with (hello 39% Excadrill), but lolMasamune.

Kotaro (Bibarel): The Gabite levels made him proficient in Bibarel in a hurry.

Kunoichi (Scrafty): This was not her draft. Was relegated to mining gold.

Motonari (Serperior): He was instrumental in improving places quickly, so I could get some of the evolved Pokemon faster (Gyarados).

Muneshige (Gyarados): Came late, but NO ONE argues with Gyarados. Except for Ginchiyo.

Nene (Crobat): Was used to help recruit Hanzo. That's it.

Oichi (Petilil): Her job was to keep herself alive with Mega Drain. She did okay with that, until it became the Masamune Show.

Ranmaru (Lucario): He never got a chance to catch another Riolu.

Shingen (Riolu): He was at a rather low level, and stayed that way.

Tadakatsu (Steelix): His moment in the sun was slapping No in the face.

Ujiyasu (Gigalith): Showed up to be counted. Had I recruited him way earlier, might've caught him a Pupitar.

Yoshihiro (Riolu): Got to smack things around early, which was good. Then I decided that Kanetsugu's Rally was more useful.

Yukimura (Charizard): Used his bulk to recruit famous people who wandered into my land. Didn't feel like leveling his Staravia, so he never saw castle action.

Genba (Krokrok): Top Speed and Sandile meant that he could harry from a long way back. This was enough to evolve him!

Maa (Tepig): Somehow managed to not be a complete failure this time.

Munezane (Staravia): Helped big time with defending Yaksha from Ujiyasu (not my fault he brought along a Servine and Grovyle).

Nagayasu (Monferno): Got him a Monferno early, and never looked back. I was just a little short on evolving him into Infernape, which would've broken the game in half.

Naka (Excadrill): The reason why I drafted Excadrill in the first place. Luckily, she wasn't needed.

Nobuchika (Gyarados): The last of the Raging Gyarados, and a damn good recruit at that!

Takakage (Sewaddle): His only purpose was to resist Magoichi. . .which he somehow did. . .

Yukitaka (Krokrok): Recruited him with a strong Krokrok, who kept things going in the end.

Pokemon draft thoughts:

Free stuff - Tepig was decent, Bidoof is seriously underrated, Zubat holds out strong for most of the game (Kanbei evolved right before the Spectra battle), and I completely forgot that Charmander existed.

Chimchar - Had I shoved a couple more levels into Nagayasu, I would've broken the game faster. :P:

Starly - Staravia has four range, is unfettered by most terrain, and has Intimidate. Absolutely useful!

Magikarp - MVP of the game right here, because Gyarados appear in Fontaine early. They level extremely fast, and they gain insane stats when doing so. Intimidate/Frighten are both excellent skills to have. Oh, and they fly.

Drillbur - If Ujiyasu had taken over instead of Masamune, this would've been a solid Pokemon. Alas. . .

Riolu - Since Pugilis was the first kingdom I took over, it meant I could work towards this Pokemon faster. Force Palm shoves backwards and occasionally paralyzes - the former ability is deadly when used right (hi Dragnor).

Joltik - It's either going to hurt, or it's going to really hurt. I didn't get Galvantula, but it turns out I didn't need it! Had I gotten one early, Minccino would've seen much heavier usage due to Perception.

Sandile - Dropping accuracy, especially on Ujiyasu, was clutch. Oh, and so was the Psychic immunity. :P:

Petilil - Eh, useful early, drops off late because Grass is terrible up north.

Gastly - Didn't need this Pokemon.

Larvitar - Pity I didn't get one of my generics with this Pokemon, because Rock would've been more useful this time around.

Sewaddle - Bug Bite is very strong early, and rapidly drops off. Didn't get around to evolving it.

Onix - As Onix, was my other Rock thing. As Steelix, was a pusher who could deal damage by being hit. Not a bad pick, IMO.

Skorupi - Forgot I drafted it.

Snorunt - Would've been more useful if Nixtorm hadn't come under my control so late.

Minccino - Amazing early on, then everyone else showed up.

FINAL SCORE:

Number of in-game months: 16

Total battle strength: 8641

Grand total: 432,850

Average battle strength: 508.3

I blame the spikes in Cragspur and Spectra - those two battles alone were more than a fourth of my total battle strength.

Edited by eclipse

Let's get this started then...

Starting Team:

Hideyoshi - Zubat

Hanbei - Charmander

Kanbei - Zubat

[spoiler=January]

January, Year 1

Bought two potions with Hanbei and equiped Hideyoshi and Kanbei with one each. Turns out they were useless but didn't have anything else to do with him anyway.

Greenleaf - Hideyoshi/Zubat (38) - Success

Went west and met Motonari's whole army who all decided to go for the same banner. Got a bit lucky with a critical on a Sewaddle but I'm not sure whether I would have failed without it, so eh. I won't complain. Recruited everyone.

Pugilis - Kanebi/Zubat (42) - Success

Just went straight to the chokepoint. Everything except a Scraggy did pitiful damage (Yoshihiro did 3 after his ability) and got at least 2HKO'd in return again. Grabbed all the treasure before finishing up (got 2 Power Wristbands and an Iron Wristband from that, all of which may come in handy). Recruited everyone again.

[spoiler=February]

February, Year 1

Fontaine - Motonari/Treecko (34) - Success

Very straightforward battle, got a 2HKO on Panpour, a OHKO on Wooper and a 4HKO (I think) on Motochika's Oshawott while healing with Absorb. Once again everyone was recruited.

Aurora - Hanbei/Charmander (30), Tadamoto/Timburr (49) [Total: 79] - Success

Timburr did most of the work. Equipped it with one of the Power Wristbands from the Pugilis battle and was lucky enough to keep it until the end. Jigglypuff and an Onix were OHKO'd that way, Charmander took out Starly and a Minccino via one of the logs. Recruited 3/6 enemies.

Chrysalia - Kanbei/Zubat (73), Masatoshi/Scraggy (48) [Total: 121] - Success

Got rid of the ball near the starting location on the first turn and then lured the enemy in. The important thing here was to get rid of Pinnoco in one turn, Power Wristband greatly helped here once more. The rest of the battle was mostly positiong Zubat in a way that it got little exposure, it OHKO'd everything else in return. Recruited 4/5.

New links: Yoshihiro/Tepig, Tokitaka/Timburr, Motoharu/Scraggy, Takakage/Carnivine

[spoiler=March]

March, Year 1

Violight - Motochika/Wooper (30), Morichika/Wooper (35), Tadamoto/Timburr (94) [Total: 159] - Success

The main strategy here was to use the Wooper as shields and let Timburr do most of the attacking. Took out four opponents that way, but got three 87% misses against Ginchiyo which allowed her to KO Timburr first (to be fair, I was paralyzed at that point and never got stunned, so it cancels out in the end I suppose). After Timburr was taken out, the Wooper chipped slowly away at Shinx and used the switches to deal a bit more damage to Emolga. Recruited 3/6 again, but sadly missed a guy with a Blitzle.

Illusio - Hanbei/Charmander (56), Masatoshi/Scraggy (72) [Total: 128] - Success

The opponents on this map were all easily KO'd while doing 0-3 damage in return, so the true difficulty was getting to the right places at the right time, which I almost failed at. Grabbed the final banner on the last turn while recruiting 2/4 enemies.

Avia - Hideyoshi/Zubat (70), Kanbei/Zubat (102) [Total: 172] - Success

Going into this battle, I expected it to be pretty difficult, having to face two Scyther, a Rufflet, a Carnivine and an Axew... it turned out that that was not the case. Power Wristband!Zubat OHKO'd almost everything (the only thing that survived more was Masamune's Scyther and only thanks to damage variance) while getting resisted in both types. Recruited everyone.

New links: Motonari/Carnivine, Hatsu/Meowth

Other: Upgraded Chrysalis Ravine to Lv 2, sent a couple people mining to recover gold and went shopping to buy 4 Power Wristbands.

Triggered the Gabite Officer event after this month. Here's some data if anyone feels like looking for growth rates and stuff (or is interested in who I still have to beat):

Shingen: 108 -> 173

Yuki: 70 -> 128

Kunoichi: 78 -> 146

Gen Joltik: 134 NEW

Gen Cubchoo: 122 NEW

Ujiya: 70 -> 133

Kai: 62 -> 131

Gen Roggenrola: 115 NEW

Gen Larvitar: 52 -> 118

Nene: 67 -> 124

Hanzo: 74 -> 151

Gen Ekans: 41 -> 105

Gen Riolu: 47 -> 111

No: 78 -> 158

Okuni: 47 -> 103

Gen Driftlon: 53 -> 135

Ieya: 70 -> 142

Taka: 72 -> 150

Ina: 74 -> 150

Gen Duskull: 27 -> Gen Carnivine: 124 NEW

Gen Onix: 52 -> 116

Gen Larvitar: 34 -> 93

---

Kot: 66 -> 70

Gen Blitzle: 44 -> 44

Gen Pawniard: 56 -> 61

Gen Sandile: 49 -> 55

Gen Treecko: 39 NEW

Mitsu: 96 -> 103

Gracia: 61 -> 65

Gen Spheal1: 49 -> 49

Gen Spheal2: 32 -> Gen Onix: 57 NEW

Gen Shieldon: 50 -> 50

Gen Abra: 52 -> 52

Nobu: 90 -> 96

Kage: 56 -> 62

Gen Shinx: 46 -> Gen Zubat: 21 NEW

Gen Starly: 18 -> 18

Gen Larvitar: 30 NEW

[spoiler=April]

April, Year 1

Other: Went mining again and then upgraded Chrysalia Ravine to Lv 3. This allows me to use Scyther from now on.

Terrera - Hanbei/Charmander (87), Masatoshi/Scraggy (102), Shigezane/Rufflet (57) [Total: 246] - Success

Took the standard clear. The only important aspects were to keep everyone out of combat (didn't check, but I'm guessing it would have ended badly). Shigezane has Bustle which allowed me to place him 5 squares away from the northern elevator, Charmander burned the tree near the center elevator to make sure it wouldn't get blocked. Not much else to say here, obviously didn't recuit anyone.

Yaksha - Masamune/Scyther (91) - Success

This one was pretty tricky. The two threats were Kotaro's Deino and the generic's Blitzle (didn't check how much damage Blitzle does but it has the type advantage and so on), so the first few turns involved me abusing the layout of the map to split the enemies up a little (mostly so that I could KO stuff without Kotaro interfering). I had a Power Wristband on Scyther which broke after the first attack, but that was all that was necessary to defeat Blitzle. Because of that I needed a second attack to boost Fury Cutter enough to OHKO Deino though, the rest was trivial though. Recruited 3/4.

Cragspur - Motonari/Treecko (70), Morichika/Wooper (53), Tadamoto/Timburr (129), Tokitaka/Timburr (24) [Total: 276] - Success

Tokitaka only came along as sacrifice and to press the switch so that my other units could avoid the rock trap. Tadamoto's Timburr did good damage to Ujiyasu with a Power Wristband (3HKO which turned resulted in a 2RKO with Wooper's assistance) while being durable enough to take some hits. Treecko and Wooper took care of the generic Roggenrolla and Larvitar; I got a critical here against Roggenrolla but the outcome should be the same either way. Kai was kinda difficult to take down because even with the Power Wristband, Timburr did only ~15 damage. So to speed up the process, she fell prey to one of the rocks. Recruited 1/4.

Viperia - Motochika/Wooper (57), Kanbei/Zubat (125), Magoichi/Rufflet (64) [Total: 246] - Success

Wooper took the passage and got the eastern banner, Zubat grabbed the center one and Rufflet went all the way across the map for the last one. It was as simple as it sounds. Recruited 1/4.

New Links: Aya/Mareep, Takanobu/Timburr

Other: Kanbei's Zubat tried to evolve after the battle, but I prevented it both to keep it's strength slightly lower and because Wing Attack seems more useful against Spectra. Recruited Sen/Carnivine in a wild battle. Stocked up on Power Wristbands and went mining with the leftover generics.

[spoiler=May]

May, Year 1

Valora - Motonari/Treecko (105), Hanbei/Charmander (114), Tadamoto/Timburr (154) [Total: 373] - Success

This was the strongest opposing nation, point wise, and I was pretty careful because of that. The whole fight took place around the gear near the starting area. Since I was once again unsure about the durability of my team, I tried to arrange it so that the enemies would come one or two at a time, which worked out fairly well. Timburr did good damage to Lairon and Steelix, Treecko took care of Quagsire, Onix and Larvitar while Charmander dealt with Carnivine. No casualities in the end. Recruited 1/6.

Other: Treecko and Charmander evolved.

Spectra - Magoichi/Rufflet (98), Masatoshi/Scraggy (136), Morikiyo/Zubat (78) [Total: 312] - Success

I guess technically I wouldn't have needed Zubat here, but it was nice to have someone to absorb the first flame. Scraggy easily 2HKO'd the ghosts and Rufflet beat up Venipede. Recruited 1/3.

Dragnor - Motochika/Wooper (73), Yoshihiro/Tepig (52), Shigezane/Scyther (72) [Total: 197] - Success

Scyther was the main actor here. I used Tepig as a means to boost Fury Cutter before confronting the enemy which allowed Scyther to OHKO everything it faced (including Nobunaga). Wooper was there to take care of a Larvitar. Didn't bother recruiting anyone.

Nixtorm - Hideyoshi/Zubat (102), Masamune/Scyther (148), San/Carnivine (89) [Total: 339] - Success

Zubat fulfilled the same purpose as Tepig in the previous battle. Scyther did most of the work after powering up and Carnivine performed clean up duty and provided a nice defense boost against Lapras. Who cares about recruitments.

[spoiler=Final Score]

Greenleaf	38
Pugilis		42
Fontaine	34
Aurora		79
Chrysalia	121
Violight	159
Illusio		128
Avia		172
Terrera		246
Yaksha		91
Cragspur	276
Viperia		246
Valora		373
Spectra		312
Dragnor		197
Nixtorm		339

Average		178.3125
Total Battle	2853

Months taken:	5
Overall		3103

Edited by Kaoz

Team thoughts:

Charmander - prefer this one over Tepig here since it has one more move and they are very similar otherwise

Zubat - very good in general and performed much better than I expected

Wooper - kinda weak offensively which limits it, but it was nice for Violight and to deal with things that had a double weakness to water

Carnivine - only used one in the final battle I think... it's good theoretically, but I didn't come across a strong user until the end of the run whereas Treecko was available thanks to Motonari

Treecko - one of the picks that did better than I expected; Absorb is a good move as long as it hits for effective damage and somewhat makes up for defensive issues

Scyther - great choice, glad I went with it; Fury Cutter is a great attack and can probably trivialize most of the fights; you need a Lv 3 in either Chrysalia or Avia but it's very much worth it

Timburr - probably overall the best pick, deals good damage to anything that doesn't resist fighting and has almost perfect availability on top of that

Scraggy - not as good as Timburr most of the time but still decent and a good choice for Illusio and Spectra

Rufflet - this one gets hurt a bit by availability I think, apart from that 4 move and flying are great for the remaining banner battles at least and it's still strong as long as it has type advantage

Unused:

Tepig

Bidoof

Meowth

Mareep

Blitzle

Roggenrola

Aron

Pawniard

Deino

Spiritomb