NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhh. I get it now. Haha, that's hilarious. XD

I also love it when people go "You got Polamalu'd." I've even seen Steeler fans show off a banner that says exactly that. When I cheer for Troy though, I like to go "Troy's our boy!" Kudos if you get the reference. :D:

Especially in clutch time and later in the year. The man's always failed under pressure.

@Life: Ahh I see. Fred Jackson is getting "old" though. Do you think Spiller's role will continue to increase, even with Jackson back, as time progresses?

@Life: Ahh I see. Fred Jackson is getting "old" though. Do you think Spiller's role will continue to increase, even with Jackson back, as time progresses?

In the future? Yes. Currently? No. The Bills put too much stock into Jackson as a now back and are willing to let CJ grow and understand the game better. Then once Fred steps down, CJ will be in a much better role for starting RB.

They're treating Spiller right. Same with Marcel Darius. That guy is BEAST.

Yeah that's probably for the best. The only thing you could say to disagree really is that RBs these days have a short shelf-life, and start to die out by 30. If he's producing now, why keep him on the bench?

Yeah he is. Saw him a lot when I watch Bama games. Bama players seem to always be pretty good NFL players.

I honestly thought the game would be closer though since the Giants secondary is still a bit suspect, and Newton looked good last week (okay it was against the Saints but still it builds confidence). Giants D has allowed people to torch em as well the last two games. However, it's looking more and more like that opening week loss was a fluke. The defending champs aren't a team to sleep on, and they aren't even hot yet.

I wouldn't call the Jets vs Dolphins OT epic. Miami needs a new field goal kicker. That guy missed two FGs, one of which could've won the damn game for them!

Steelers vs Raiders is going alright though. Steelers are ahead by a field goal now and we're at half time. I think those refs are being idiots though. Calling Miller's catch from earlier INCOMPLETE? He had that damn ball. I was afraid at first that it would be ruled a fumble recovery, but still, Miller looked like he had control of it to me before dropping it after going down.

Then Dwyer had to lose the ball to the Raiders, and Kiesel had to screw up when the Raiders only had one down left, letting them automatically get a first down because of the penalty.

The team needs to just fucking stop with all these penalties. They've gotten too many this game already and too many this season.

Edited by Anacybele

Well true, but I was referring more to the Lions/Titans and the Saints/Chiefs then that game. Jets need to use Tebow more. Drew Brees had a pretty good game until the end, and Jamaal Charles finally got it together and ran for over 220 yards. Then that Lions game...wow. A lot of negative things you can take out from the Lions, but I really liked the heart they showed at the end. Down two TDs with less than two minutes left most people just keel over, especially with the BACKUP QB in, but they kept trying, got a TD to Megatron, then recovered the onside kick. THEN HAIL MARY TIPPED TO TITUS YOUNG FOR THE TD! The defense played horribly though until the redzone, and it was really sad that they couldn't score on 4th and 1. All in all though it was really entertaining.

So who would have thought that the Vikings of all teams would stop the 49ers? And who would have thought the Cards would go 3-0?

EDIT: That Texans game should NOT have been that close. Seriously. The Broncos mounted quite the comeback and may have won had they had more time. Texans gotta close games out better in the future. I could probably say the same thing about the Steelers right now too, since they really shouldn't have lost. Big Ben had a huge game too.

Edited by Helios

The Steelers just had too. Many. Fucking. Penalties.

This, and the Raiders stealing the ball from Dwyer, Brown, and Wallace, whom have at least almost never fumbled before at all. It wasn't their fault though. Raiders players punched the ball out of their hands.

Still, you're right, the Steelers should have won. I really don't think it should be legal to deliberately punch the ball out of a player's hand. The announcers said as much themselves on that play Troy made against the Pats last year. He punched the ball, and they said you can't do that! So why should someone be allowed to do it when a player is holding the ball?

Still, the Steelers really need to stop with all the GOD DAMN PENALTIES.

EDIT: Oh, and I bet things would've gone quite differently had the Steelers been able to use Polamalu, Harrison, and Mendenhall. Those are three big weapons on the team, especially Troy in this case because Carson Palmer knows he can't beat him. Palmer holds a lot of respect for our boy Troy and the last time I saw him play against the Steelers, Troy Polamalu was all over him, intercepting his passes and even sacking him.

Edited by Anacybele

Penalties really shoot you in the foot. They kill all momentum and end up costing your team. Seen way too many big plays called back because of a holding, interference, offsides, or illegal shift/motion/formation. It's unfortunate.

You're allowed to punch the ball out of someone's hands though. It's always been within the bounds of the rules. Football is football; it's a rough sport.

Belicheck looks so pissed in this press conference right now. Baltimore almost lost this game though; Tucker almost missed that kick. It was a fun game to watch though.

Who thinks the Seahawks upset the Pack tomorrow?

The Patriots losing was a bad thing. Now while the Steelers lose when they should've won, both the Ravens AND the Bengals win. This season...is just not looking good for the Steelers anymore.

Add that to the Panthers losing very miserably, Miami losing all because of a terrible field goal kicker... This has just been a terrible week for me. Seems the only thing I like is that the Jaguars kicked some ass.

Edited by Anacybele

You're gonna give up because the Steelers are 1-2 and the Ravens and Bengals are ahead by a game lol.

Lions are about to be in last place if the Packers win against the Seahawks tomorrow haha.

Edited by Helios

...This is week 3. The Steelers have lost twice and only won one game. The Ravens have won twice now. The Bengals have won twice too, I think. Therefore, the Steelers are 1-2 and the Ravens and Bengals are 2-1.

Oh, and I never actually said I was giving up.

Edited by Anacybele

If the Steelers make the playoffs, which they won't if they keep playing the way they have. Mike Tomlin needs to give them a real talking to and make them step up. The Steelers have not been terrible, but all these penalties and such have seriously cost them.

I have hope that they do step up.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm a Cardinals fan and I have not had this much hope for a good Season since Warner retired but.. OMG 3-0? WHERE DID THIS COME FROM? Man Card's annihilated the Eagles it was quite the spectacle

those steelers were AGGRESSIVE man, they downed two players. thank god the raiders beat them

anyways, ahem

http://deadspin.com/5945755/heres-what-baltimores-minute+long-bullshit-chant-sounded-like-inside-the-stadium

THEY PULLED THROUGH AT THE VERY END

it was almost beautiful how it ended :') umbc's going to be purple tomorrow!!!!

(I told my eagles fan friend: ravens saved their whoop-ass for the pats cause they needed all they can get ;o)

EDIT: yeah, those fuckin refs. "I was calling a time out" mixed with an obvious pass-interference-at-worse towards the end. And where the hell were they when all those fights broke out in the first half of the first quarter? Jeeeeeeeeeesus that was a violent game as a whole.

Also, some dude lost a bit of his ear. I forget who it was, but my suitemate showed me it and jesus christ....

Edited by Lord Raven