Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

There, this should look better!

Skyemugs_zpsd8cb7323.png

I fixed the hairline so the forehead is a bit smaller and it lines up properly. And I lowered the right shoulder (our left) a few pixels. Now Skye is at a totally different angle that works better.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His left shoulder (his pov) should be raised to compensate for the angle. I'd also recommend lowering the hairline a little more.

Going back to look at Kyle would be good to get a better idea of how he should be angled. I think it would help fix the neck as well.

Well, this is the best I can do... Also added a bit more shading to his ponytail and collar.

Skyemugs_zps2a55e3f5.png

I would've posted this last night before I went to bed, but for some reason the site was hardly loading for me anymore. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

New sprite, guys! Remember when I said Dougal was the next new mug I would do? I stuck to that. ^^

Dougalmug_zps9a2ee81d.png

With this guy done, all of Dawn of Darkness's major antagonists have mugs! There's one more notable bad guy that doesn't yet have a mug, but he won't be needed for a good while, so I'm done with bad guys for now.

Dougal is Shigo's second in command and is also revealed to have been raised by him like an adopted son. He looks up to Shigo and seeks to help him pursue his vendetta against Bryan in any way he can. Everything he knows, he learned from Shigo, and he follows his every order. Little does Dougal know, however, he and Bryan have more in common than they think.

Geitz was my base and I also spliced some guy's armor from FE6. I made alterations to both (including changing the armor color to be FE6 Zephiel's). The hair is full custom, as I didn't feel any of the canon characters' hair would work on this guy.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, that shading was there on the original armor that I spliced, hadn't thought of removing it for some reason. xP Will do though, cause it does look kinda odd.

EDIT: There, no more weird chest plate shading lol.

Dougalmug_zps679f36ed.png

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

Took a break from mugs and did some new Dawn of Darkness battle sprites. :)

dawn_of_darkness_sprites_9_by_great_aeth

Now we can see my new Wagon class, although it doesn't really look any different from wagon Merlinus aside from having four wheels. lol Also, I realize I've mostly recolored some of my generic sprites that I made a long time ago, but I've improved the shading on them.

Edited by Anacybele

Is Fin's sword supposed to be all curvy like that?

I like the hawks and the wagons. I can tell you used some pegasus knight wings, but is the rest custom? Like the human form wings and pretty much everything else...

I've fixed my bird laguz sprites, too. Mainly the human forms. And I still need to sprite dog laguz.

Yeah, because it's a bow, not a sword. lol He's a Bow Paladin.

Yep, the rest is custom! The only spliced part is the wings, as you pointed out. :)

I've sprited every laguz so far except for the ones I don't plan to introduce until the sequel. Well, I don't have any black or blue dragons yet, but those are simply the white and red ones recolored.

Edited by Anacybele

• 4 weeks later...

Does Kael also fight for his friends?

Haha, he sure does! Ike raises him on all of the same ideals and values that he got from his own father. So Kael gives no sympathy to his victims either. lol

Came here expecting new sprites. What I got instead was amusing though, so no biggie xD I just got the best idea ever, you should write something about Ike teaching Kael how to Aether. Maybe he tries it himself first and gets his sword stuck in a tree or on the roof, since in Aether, the sword gets thrown...lol.

Aaaannnyway, I've revamped my statsheet template a bit and made some icons...putting that in my sprite thread now.

Haha, that's a perfect idea. XD I'll find some way to throw it in (lol pun) when I write DoD's sequel, for sure.

And yeah, I noticed. I'm not sure what to say about them though. Not that I think they look bad or anything, just...yeah. And don't worry, I'll eventually make new sprites. I'm just not sure what of yet. There's a few I'd like to do, and I also want to draw something. :P

• 3 months later...

Okay, about time I gave this an update. :P

I don't have anything new, exactly, but I did touch up some more old mugs. Those first six I fixed up (Azura, Ike, Elincia, Ranulf, Marc, and Leona) are the first six characters to appear in Dawn of Darkness (sans someone that appears in chapter 1 and then never shows up again. That adding this scene to the comic series would require sprites that I wouldn't ever be using again, and I just don't feel like making them), so these are the next six that show up!

dawn_of_darkness_mugshots_2__updated__by

I didn't need to edit these as heavily as the last ones, except for Bryan and Skye who I posted here earlier. I really just fixed some shading, colors, and anti-aliasing. Lorelle, Morris, Kye, and Ryin were mostly just basic splices, so yeah.