Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

Well I did say you're more polite, didn't I? You have changed, indeed. I'm just saying that you still have a lot to grow and learn. And I don't mean to sound condescending here, but it's just true. I also said you don't have to change everything to appease to other people, but you just pretty much flat out shot down almost everything I said, and I like to think I raised some pretty good points which the sprite could improve on, and that I will most likely be far from the only one who'd raise said points. I may be a bit picky when it comes to battle sprite palettes, but that just comes from my passion of colors and experience with them, and I see the same general problem most people have with making those. If you look at most IS' battle sprite palettes, you'll see that most of the palettes (even the lower quality ones) have a lot more contrast applied to them. The colors on this sprite just look very dull and flat. But again, if you don't wish to improve with that, then so be it.

Edited by Feaw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, newsflash: just because you critique someone doesn't automatically mean they're going to agree with it completely and use it. Like I said, that doesn't mean they won't listen to anything or anyone period.

I also said I would work on the skin tone. So chill out, please.

I am completely calm, so there's no need for me to chill out. You are the one getting worked up here, not me. And fair enough. Just keep your mediocre palettes if you don't wish to improve them. Good for you on wanting to improve the skintone, that will fix one aspect of the sprite, one of many things that could stand to improve. But I'm giving up, then, since it's still apparently of no use to try to get you to see that things could improve a whole lot.

I'm calm, actually. Do you see me using a lot of caps or exclamation points or any really harsh words? No. But you going "if you don't wish to improve, so be it" and "keep your mediocre palettes" sounds like you're getting a little worked up to me. Not blatantly rude or anything, but still sort of worked up.

Nah, I'm just saying it's your choice whether you want to improve or not. And if you want to improve, it usually helps to consider what fellow artists have to say. But since you're often shooting down a lot of what people say (often and a lot being the keywords here), it will really hinder your progress. That sort of attitude is still present, and that's just what I'm pointing out. I am just being indifferent about it mostly since it's of no use arguing with you like we all did in the past and things kept getting out of hand. This just my way of saying "welp, have it your way, then".

And you're still saying and believing that I still have that attitude even after I pointed out that I don't and you're the only one here that I'm not using suggestions from right now. Wow, this is hopeless. Moving on.

Edited by Anacybele

And you're still saying and believing that I still have that attitude even after I pointed out that I don't and you're the only one here that I'm not using suggestions from right now. Wow, this is hopeless. Moving on.

It looks exactly like a zebra to me.

As for the bow, okay then.

kinda sounds like you have an attitude. Like I get that you ended up changing the sprite to look more like a zebra. So why even say "it looks exactly like a zebra" with a tone implying that you're dismissing my cnc, when you then go and make it look actually like a zebra anyway?

Now THAT is black and frizzy hair. This is what I meant, Ana, it's very possible. Just because you aren't aware of it, or know how to, doesn't mean it's impossible. Thanks for showing that, Char <3.
the far eye looks a bit derpy, though, but since this is just an example, and not one of Ana's sprites, I won't go further with that.

"And you're still saying and believing that I still have that attitude even after I pointed out that I don't"
Just because you point out you don't have an attitude, doesn't mean you actually don't. You have to be able to take a step back and look at things objectively, create insight etc.

Edited by Feaw

Sorry, but I like my sprite better. Yours has a derpy head and a bowstring that looks like it's cutting right into the guy's armpit. I also don't like it when people mess with my stuff without my permission, so please leave it alone.

And once again the cycle continues

You got that right. People like you just don't stop making me look like the bad guy. I didn't ask or tell him to mess with my work. He brought this upon himself. Besides, if I copy his edits, it's no longer my work, is it? It's his. It's another reason I don't like people editing my stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

He showed you an example of how you could edit things. AN EXAMPLE. He didn't say "Hey, use this version I made". Also, people don't need permission if they want to show you some ideas they have on how to edit something. It'd be different if he was using it for his own. This is precisely that attitude I mentioned. And yes, that means you ARE the bad guy here. Seriously learn to attain some insight.
I know I said I was out of here, but I'm bad at actually following that through. Plus I just... have this unrealistic feeling and hope that one day you'd see the light. That day is, far, far ahead, it seems, though.

Yeah, and I don't like those edits. Why is that so evil? Why am I not allowed to dislike them and not use them? Why is not accepting even ONE piece of critqiue such a bad thing? You yourself even said that I don't have to listen to everything. And did you completely miss my taking the suggestions on the previous page? Someone said to make the zebra more zebra-like. I did that. Someone said to make the bow more Africa-like. I did that. A person also suggested a mask. I tried that. Someone else also suggested to eliminate some of the colors. I did that too!

I'm not the bad guy here.

Edited by Anacybele

You got that right. People like you just don't stop making me look like the bad guy. I didn't ask or tell him to mess with my work. He brought this upon himself. Besides, if I copy his edits, it's no longer my work, is it? It's his. It's another reason I don't like people editing my stuff.

Listen Ana, you're the one dismissing almost everyone critique time and time again. The only one who's making themselves look bad is you. If you don't like receiving feedback, or people editing your work. Then why do you still post here? It seems that almost everytime someone has advice for you, you literally say "well it looks fine to me" but then you go ahead and edit it anyway. So why contradict yourself like that? and this:

Besides, if I copy his edits, it's no longer my work, is it? It's his. It's another reason I don't like people editing my stuff.

Its still your work lol, its just his edits. If I send a paper for my dad to edit hands on, it's still my paper. Why do you always have to use this weird logic that isn't actually sensible?

Again, why do you always feel the need to argue your way and make a fit about something everytime you aren't satisfied with the feedback you receive? Then why do you blame us for it?

Again, you still have that attitude. So you're in denial!

And we all appreciate you trying stuff. But still, often enough, you show that attitude. It's not evil to not like what someone tried, I've been there. But that doesn't mean that I can't learn from what said person did. It usually did help me in the long run even if the edit wasn't exactly to my liking. And if anything you should be a bit grateful people are investing time to show you things. i thought you said you learn more from visual tutorials. Well that's exactly what Char did, he showed you how you could make darker and more frizzy hair. He also fixed the bow since it didn't have a string... which kinda is a prerequisite for it be of any use at all (IS' nomad's bow not having a string is just a derp on their part).

That whole thing is just what bugs people here, and you still don't get it, even if you're so convinded that you do, you really dont.

Edited by Feaw

i'm just gonna take this opportunity to say that when people like Char or Merc take my work and make the proper edits that I couldn't fix myself because I don't know what to do. I get sooooooo hyped. Learning by example is probably the best way to improve on a forum. And what better way to learn than to analyse the difference between your own sprite and an improved one?

I've learned how to shade properly, and splice cleanly thanks to people who took my work and edited it. Just keep an open mind, there's literally no reason for you to be mad when someone takes your work and improves it.

Is it a pride thing? If so, then swallow that shit. people who make edits and explain why they did what they did is a godsend.

Edited by GhastStation

i'm just gonna take this opportunity to say that when people like Char or Merc take my work and make the proper edits that I couldn't fix myself because I don't know what to do. I get sooooooo hyped. Learning by example is probably the best way to improve on a forum. And what better way to learn than to analyse the difference between your own sprite and an improved one?

I've learned how to shade properly, and splice cleanly thanks to people who took my work and edited it. Just keep an open mind, there's literally no reason for you to be mad when someone takes your work and improves it.

Is it a pride thing? If so, then swallow that shit. people who make edits and explain why they did what they did is a godsend.

Except I don't think the edit is an improvement? This is what you people aren't accepting. You refuse to let go of the fact that I don't like the edit.

Also, I'm not you.

lol, this has nothing to do with pride. It's people bashing me every time I decide not to take ONE person's advice. I'm not trying to gain anyone's pity or sound like a victim, I'm just sick of being told I have to be a good girl and use every little piece of critique out there, no matter what it is, and that if I even ignore ONE bit, I'm automatically a close-minded villain that won't listen to a thing anybody says.

I'm very open-minded these days and I like when someone makes example changes to my work when I welcome it. Take the time Samias gave me a draw-over of one of my drawings after I told her she can go all out with it, for example. I used it and I learned a lot from it. If I don't ask for it or give you the okay, or I don't like how the edit looks, I don't want it.

I just want to add one thing and nothing more, because otherwise I'd be ranting and ranting endlessly.

I just want to say that with all that you're saying now, is that you really are getting in your own way. You are preventing yourself from improving if you persist this. Just bear that in mind for a bit.

Now if you'll excuse me.

You know there have been times where I've seen someone make an edit to my work and I'm like "I don't really like that at all", but then I toy with it a little bit, see what they did instead of rejecting it outright, and then im like "oh huh this is actually better than mine, wow"

maybe some criticism is just plain stupid, but 99% of the criticism given to you is worth experimenting with with an open mind, an open heart, an open sooooullll-

If everyone spent as much time refuting criticism as you instead of experimenting with it, nobody would have any skill at all. It must be such hard work to write the essays you do about why you dont need the crit or why you disagree: if you disagree so much just don't respond, move on to something else, at least then you wouldn't give off the impression of having an attitude and being stubborn and difficult (WHETHER YOU HAVE OR DONT HAVE AN ATTITUDE IS IRRELEVANT IT IS THE APPEARANCE OF ONE THAT IS THE PROBLEM)

>Criticism is given to you

>You say "Oh, this is bad I don't need to waste time with it at all, stop trying to make me, it looks fine"

Fine is great if you're willing to settle with mediocre. That's what Feaw is saying: "mediocre" is literally a synonym for "fine" he's not being insulting

I can't count how many times I've said that and then finally grudgingly spent time on it and found it to be incredibly useful

Ana pls love yourself

Edited by Mercenary Lord

I know, nobody in here is being insulting to me. Just frustrating. When I said "bashed" I was more or less generalizing, not targeting anyone in particular.

I also did say I would toy with it again, by editing the skin tone.

Trust me, I know what you're talking about Mercenary Lord. I'm all for having an open mind and such. I don't know what you mean by "pls love yourself" but yeah...

Can I give my two cents?

It seems like a lot of people here say this and this and this needs to be changed/added/whatever, but if they had to do it themselves, could they honestly say it would look perfect/be easy? Not to put words in anyones mouths, but...take the curly hair for example. I agree that it would be pretty hard or next to impossible to do that on such a small area. I dare whoever said the hair needs to be curly to take the sprite and make it curly WITHOUT making it look like crap.

Why must the spriting forum be so...nitpicky. Why can't we let people be satisfied with their work?