Ana's Updated Sprites

Anacybele

Yeah, truth be told, I had trouble figuring out Wencelis's color scheme... I just wasn't sure what would look okay on him and kingly at the same time. And I just left it at what it is there. :P

Louise's hairline IS really flat, how did I miss that. Will fix. xP

Yeah, I love Cato's colors myself. Those blues are my thing! I had to use that color scheme on SOMEBODY, I like it so much. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle sprite time! Decided to whip these up since I plan to use this character for RPing.

ralph_battle_sprites_by_great_aether-d94

These are sprites of this guy here. If you've seen my art thread, you may remember him. It's Ralph, one of my Awakening OCs. He has two sprites because he both sings and uses swords. I used the Mage Knight as well as the Valkyrie for this, with some alterations. I took the sword from the Forest Knight and changed the angle too.

Oh yes, I almost forgot! Those suggestions for improvements to those mugs from before. :P Well, I did 'em just now!

dawn_of_darkness_mugshots_4__updated__by

I fiddled with a little bit of Cato's armor trim, fixed Louise's hairline, and Faline's armor color. Hope they look better now.

• 1 month later...

I finally have something new to put here! Remember this guy?

kael_sprites_by_great_aether-d98vgga.png

He's got a battle sprite now! It's Kael, Ike and Elincia's boy. I created him some time ago. I also made some sliiight shading fixes to the mug. The battle sprite is full custom, btw. I decided to take a crack at that for this one. It's good practice anyway. I also reposted the deviation on my Deviantart, so you can see it here as well. :) As a refresher, Kael's base class is Ranger, and he promotes to Hero and then Vanguard.

I'm aware that I didn't give the battle sprite a pose like Ranger Ike's idle animation, but get this: Kael will strike that pose as he begins to attack instead! And then carry on with an attack just like Ranger Ike's! Don't get me wrong, I think Ranger Ike's idle pose is badass, but I just wasn't sure if I could see Kael using it when idle as well. He is Ike's son, but he still has to be unique, you know. :P

Edited by Anacybele

The battle sprite is pretty boyish, in that it he looks like a child. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but I think he needs to be bulked up, probably 3 more pixels of height and 1 or 2 pixels of width. Pretty good sprite, just pretty small. Are you planning on animating it?

I was about to say "but he IS a boy..." And then I read the rest of your post. :P But really? I was actually intending for it to be a tad shorter than my Ike sprites, but now that I look at it, he does look a bit too short... I need to compare the sprites again. Maybe my Ike ones are too short too...even though I never intended to change the height of the Mercenary base sprite...

And I wouldn't mind animating it, but I don't really have the tools for that. I could make frames, but without an animation program like Adobe Flash or something...

Edited by Anacybele

There's a size comparison with the merc. It would make a really good little Ike ^^ohIzzq8.png

You don't need fancy software to make an animation. All you need to be able to do is frames. I find having a program with layers can give you a good impression of what it will look like but definitely not necessary. Even if you're making gifs you can just save the frames and use http://gifmaker.me/or something to compile a gif.

Well, I just now made him one pixel taller, making him one pixel shorter than my Ike sprites. xP And I realized I made the inside of his cape the wrong color too, so I fixed that (by using an existing color in the sprite though, I don't want too many colors in there lol).

kael_sprites_by_great_aether-d98vgga.png

EDIT: Noticed I then made an error with his hair, so fixed that too. Now it should be good. xP

Edited by Anacybele

How old is he supposed to be? Because his battlesprite still looks like early teens. Not including the little bit of his hair that sticks up he is still 2 pixels shorter than the merc. His build is really similar to Nils' sprite actually. Unless he's supposed to be that young, I would make him merc height and broaden his shoulders and limbs. When you make him taller I'd stretch his legs more than his torso, but I guess you can do what looks right for you.

He's 17, same age as PoR Ike... I'm not sure how he wound up that much shorter than the merc, Ike was supposed to be the same height as the merc and Kael only one pixel shorter. Well, I guess I'll have to make my Ike sprites taller too. -_-

If you're comparing it to the Ike sprite in your sig, wouldn't that be a bad idea considering his stance? Or is there a different Ike sprite you're talking about?

Ike's got his legs bent so he's taller than his sprite actually shows.

No, I was talking about some different Ike sprites, ones I actually made. If you see my sig, I wrote in it that I didn't actually make the sprite that's there. xP The Ike sprites I made use the Mercenary as a base, so he's standing up the same way the Mercenary does.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got bored, and when I saw Lego Scooby Doo on the shelf at work, I had to make this for practice. lol

fire_emblem_meets_scooby_doo_by_great_ae

Scooby Doo is one of the three things that defined my childhood, the other two being Nintendo and Disney. ^^ I still love him too! I'd like to sprite the whole Scooby gang someday. Obviously, it's full custom, though I used a technique like what NICKT is doing in his Radiant collection, I believe (which is really sweet, btw!), where I took a Scooby art and resized it and used that as a base.

Edited by Anacybele

Ha, so true!

And thanks, NICK. :) Yeah, Scooby's always got funky-looking ears lol. They looked just like that in the art I used as a base:

scoobydoo002.gif

Edited by Anacybele

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, I didn't even see these replies until now, I'm sorry, you guys. xP I think these threads get buried quickly...

Anyway, sure, I can do that N_fan, but the only image I still have of it is in a set, so this will have to do. These are so old though and need touched up. lol

oh my god, that shaggy xD i was so not prepared for that when i walked in here.

its really good!

Haha, thanks. XD Scooby is somewhere here too. lol

I never did actually do the whole gang though. I kinda wanted a break, I suppose. And I just finished this anyway:

OlderIkeElinciamugs_zpsdfebbdlx.png

These are my versions of an Ike and Elincia at around 40 years old. More full custom work too! Remember, my headcanon has Elincia decide a year after RD that Crimea deserves better leadership and she leaves her throne to Renning. She still loves her country and people though, and even while not there, she does what she can to help. And she decides to rekindle an old romance with Ike. Anyway, if you saw my fanart of a 40-year-old Ike, I used that as a reference here. I don't think the eyes are right though. And I think Elincia is a bit small, even though I actually sized her up after awhile. I don't know how that happened, I was using some other mugs for reference. >_< Also, I find women harder to age up than men, so if Elincia doesn't look 40 to you, well...yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

Okay, I think I fixed them. These versions look so much better to me! But I didn't delete the old ones yet for comparison. What do you guys think, did I improve them on my own? I also threw Kael in for comparison for kicks. Once I get his sister, Lalita, a mug, I'll do a little sneak peek comic with the whole family. ^^ Dawn of Darkness isn't finished, but it still has a ways to go before it will be, so this ought to be fun for all of us that pay attention to it. ^^

OlderIkeElinciamugs_zps1vie1bpa.png

Edited by Anacybele