After watching a crap ton of animes throughout the years....

Gold Vanguard

I wasn't saying it was inaccurate.

I was only saying you made it sound like it shouldn't be a problem to them when their friends get injured. That's seriously all I was picking at, man.

Well why didn't you say that the first time?XD

Edited by Gold Knight

I did.

I never even mentioned inaccuracy.

Edited by Spectakitty

check again friend I hardly talked about weak women characters. If any only 1 or 2.

I will split this into two parts for easier understanding.

Many male characters in anime usually take a loss and move on with there lives.

Entire: This is portrayed by you as a very good thing.

Bold: Many (even most) male characters are indirectly referenced.

But no, anime women sulk about for it a few epsiodes until they learn themsleves are someone has to tell tem to get over it and do better.

Entire: This is portrayed by you as a very bad thing.

Bold: That's basically a generalization of "all" or, at the very least, "most."

Combine the two (say, into a post) and you get one message: there is this unequivocally bad thing (I believe you called it a "problem") that women usually do that men usually do not do, and that thing is getting upset when their friends get hurt. How are we having a disconnect here?

...because she did, mate?

Should... Should that not be a problem for people?

I was only saying you made it sound like it shouldn't be a problem to them when their friends get injured. That's seriously all I was picking at, man.

--

Why is Integ trying to start shit about how people are portrayed in animu?

Don't do it man. Just don't.

Many days, I wonder how you don't get warned for trolling everywhere with these cool contributions. Anyway, I'm doing it because why not.

Many days, I wonder how you don't get warned for trolling everywhere with these cool contributions. Anyway, I'm doing it because why not.

I dunno man. I don't think I'm trolling and even if I am then a good chunk of the forum would be subject to punishment.

Also, I'm just luling at how you don't understand how anime/manga portrays people in general. /lulz

I dunno man. I don't think I'm trolling and even if I am then a good chunk of the forum would be subject to punishment.

Ein, I literally haven't seen you make more than a handful of even vaguely "helpful" posts in the last several months. I ain't saying that any "good chunk of the forum" doesn't act the same, but you definitely don't contribute a damn thing in most of the posts I read by you, and that's a true fact.

Also, I'm just luling at how you don't understand how anime/manga portrays people in general. /lulz

Never said his interpretation was wrong. Reading is an essential skill that should be practiced early and often.

Ein, I literally haven't seen you make more than a handful of even vaguely "helpful" posts in the last several months. I ain't saying that any "good chunk of the forum" doesn't act the same, but you definitely don't contribute a damn thing in most of the posts I read by you, and that's a true fact.

Depends what you mean exactly by helpful or contribution.

I don't see the same from you here at least. Dohoho~

Then again there are peeps who actually like seeing us and talking to us. That could be a thing too~

And so, your master stroke reminds me why I stopped bothering even responding to you. Back to ignoring you I guess, since at least my other conversation was vaguely on-topic~

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

it seems i'm not making my self clear. Most women in anime are usually more sensitive about things like that(Such as love,fights,etc). Does that explain what I mean or do I need to explain more? Also could Ein and Sparkles, could you two take your bickering somewhere else?

Edited by Gold Knight

it seems i'm not making my self clear. Most women in anime are usually more sensitive about things like that(Such as love,fights,etc). Does that explain what I mean or do I need to explain more? Also could Ein and Sparkles, could you two take your bickering somewhere else?

I've only said that you were saying that at least once. ;~;

What I'm saying is that you made it sound very much like this is a very bad thing that male characters in anime do not do. Hell, that post that I keep going back to that you never really clarified makes it seem unnatural to get worked up over a friend's injuries.

Heres another one that really important.

-THERAPIST DON'T EXIST IN ANIME!!!

This is actually justified within Japanese society. Even in the United States, someone who goes to see a psychiatrist or a therapist is seen as someone who is weak-willed or giving up. It is seen as a sign of a failing character even if there is nothing one can do to help control it. I speak from personal experience on this. The stigma is already there in the United states, but it has been tempered somewhat.

This is not the case in Japan. There exist very few therapists or psychiatrists in Japan because the culture sees going to a psychiatrist or therapist as a colossal sign of weakness, disrespect, and violation of trust. Take all the stigmas attached to receiving psychiatric help in the United States and multiply that tenfold, and you get the condition and attitude towards treatment in Japan. It's a sad thing, but true. As a result, therapists don't exist in Anime or they are portrayed as people who don't know anything and are slimy scumballs.

To add another item:

-Never make a deal with a white squirrel thing with Labrador ears. It will not end well for you.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

• 3 weeks later...

Back, so anyways to update the list

-The fate of the world is usually left in the hands of teenagers with hormones(I sense some inside confilct between the group).

-Defeat=Friendship.

-Getting punch through mountains is childs play

-"Tis but a flesh wound"

- I know I said this somewhere before but HAREMS, HAREMS FOR EVERYONE!!!

-When a villian turns good they becomes weaker for some strange reason.

-New villian appears, new villian beats up strongest characters. No one can stop new villian. Main characters comes and uses new technique they learned, villian is now dead.

I've recently checked out Aiki, done by Isutoshi, the same guy that did Slut Girl (nostalgiaaaaa). Here's a few that seem to resonate:

1.) The more bored you are, the better you are at fighting.

2.) The more muscles you have, the more liable you are to get your ass kicked.

3.) Being crippled is a strength, not a weakness

4.) Rape is funny!

5.) No one ever has to juggle training in fighting with other aspects of life (job, social life, school, etc.)