A Song of Sprites and Fire

Loki Laufeyson

My last one is buried and im really damn lazy. So damn lazy that i wanna make a topic because the Others take the old one!

Ok. Imma need you guys to tell me whats up with these sprites!

23hmvrq.png

Catelyn Stark here, is my newest. I need some pointers on her clothes. Sock it to me!

4i217d.jpg

This guy is for the latest splice contest.

30ix7kn.jpg

Its Daenerys Targaryen! Im actually pleased with this one because the hair turned out real nice.

1058uh3.png

Jon Snow! weee

214ck12.png

Mah nigga Ned.

These are some of the latest ive done. *sigh*

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They look good, but I still think Ned's hair is darker and Catelyn's is lighter. Also, I think Dany and Jon are the best sprites. =P

Appearance wise, Sansa has always reminded me of Priscila, Arya used to remind me of Ayra (for obvious reasons. I'm so silly >:), Gregor Clegane used to remind me of Forde, Edmund Tully reminded me of Roy, The Blackfish reminded me of Renning... >:

I actually tried making Sansa. Her hair is so hard to sprite because the reference was all..like...King's Landing hairdo. I tried for a couple of weeks even. Finally, i had made a request from Mica to maybe work her magic with it! Her face looks a lot like Louise's though.

Thanks!

Oh! Speaking of Arya....

2ef8ivt.png

I made her a while back. Obviously, its how she would look after the events of A Game of Thrones. :B

They look pretty alright, except Catelyn's hairline doesn't line up with the rest of her face. The angle is wrong and it makes her look a bit deformed. xP

Oh, and if you want tips on clothes, I'm your spriter. People tell me I'm good at designing them for my characters. But I need to know exactly what you're going for first.

Edited by Anacybele

These are very cool! Nice project, Florina!

As for crit, Arya has a case of bubble-head going on; try pulling all her hair down a few px to make her forehead less huge.

Good luck with the rest! *cheers!*

Edited by Astelaine

these are awesome. keep it up. do a ramsay snow one please

Hhehe! Ramsay would be...interesting.

Astelaine! EEEEE! It always makes me happy when you post in my threads! Yeah i might actually change Arya around. (plus some alternate looks for her. Quite a few characters do have alternate looks going on.)

Thanks!

(also Astelaine, im....gonna seriously need your help with a Tyrion Lannister sprite. I just dont know how to make that properly...how on earth do you sprite a dwarf? And i mean an actual one, not a LotR style one.)

Your sprites aren't bad! Although I do think they could use more creativity and be more interesting (eg. using more sprites, doing partial customs, etc), the quality in of itself isn't bad. Please continue!

Edited by seph6969

Your sprites aren't bad! Although I do think they could use more creativity and be more interesting (eg. using more sprites, doing partial customs, etc), the quality in of itself isn't bad. Please continue!

Thanks seph, that really means a lot coming from you. Im ok with very sparse customing but youve seen what happens when i attempt to do more than that. XD

Catelyn's clothes bother me so do you have any pointers to smooth them out?

^ I don't think that's the same Seph you're thinking of edit: jubby ninja'd me :P

But anyways I actually had the mind to post in this thread some time ago and I completely forgot to. I love Game of Thrones and I love that you're doing these! I like Dany especially. I almost made a Jon Snow recently actually :)

4dacc852aba2830420ce1f6e49086478.png?1346461547

So here are some positively hideous circles I made~

The part of the collar that I circled: you shaded it so that part of the collar sort of droops down. This is odd, because it seems like the collar is tight against her neck at the sides. You may want to remedy this by using more of the light shade and contouring the top edge of the collar only a bit with the darker color.

Chest area: Maybe I'm reading the angle wrong but you may want to push this whole chest area one pixel to the left, because I'm thinking the center of her body is a little further left.

Strap-ish thing: jaggy lines in the center part of it, smooth this out with some more conformed AA

Shoulder: Could use a bit more shading to suggest folds in her sleeve, seems a little bit unfinished atm.

Also just a suggestion--I haven't read the books so I can't account for the description of Catelyn within them, but from my experience with the show, she is a bit more aged than you have depicted her. She might look a bit more Catelyn-ish with some slight eye bags?

Oh and there are some things about your Jon sprite too actually. His eyebrows seem kind of far apart, like the length of the brow isn't going far enough in the center of his face. Also I don't really understand what's going on in his hair near the top of the part, some of the strands don't really seem to connect to anything or continue o:

Edited by Mewiyev

that's not seph1212 in case you were confused :P

Everyone is making me go senile. Why is there someone pretending to be seph? Ahhh seven hells...

^ I don't think that's the same Seph you're thinking of edit: jubby ninja'd me :P

But anyways I actually had the mind to post in this thread some time ago and I completely forgot to. I love Game of Thrones and I love that you're doing these! I like Dany especially. I almost made a Jon Snow recently actually :)

4dacc852aba2830420ce1f6e49086478.png?1346461547

So here are some positively hideous circles I made~

The part of the collar that I circled: you shaded it so that part of the collar sort of droops down. This is odd, because it seems like the collar is tight against her neck at the sides. You may want to remedy this by using more of the light shade and contouring the top edge of the collar only a bit with the darker color.

Chest area: Maybe I'm reading the angle wrong but you may want to push this whole chest area one pixel to the left, because I'm thinking the center of her body is a little further left.

Strap-ish thing: jaggy lines in the center part of it, smooth this out with some more conformed AA

Shoulder: Could use a bit more shading to suggest folds in her sleeve, seems a little bit unfinished atm.

Also just a suggestion--I haven't read the books so I can't account for the description of Catelyn within them, but from my experience with the show, she is a bit more aged than you have depicted her. She might look a bit more Catelyn-ish with some slight eye bags?

Oh and there are some things about your Jon sprite too actually. His eyebrows seem kind of far apart, like the length of the brow isn't going far enough in the center of his face. Also I don't really understand what's going on in his hair near the top of the part, some of the strands don't really seem to connect to anything or continue o:

Oh thank you! Ill have to tinker with her. Actually i agree with her age bit because i was using the show images as references and i was trying to get her prominent cheekbone thing going but it ended up looking very strange indeed. Ill have to try with some more subtle lines.

Im bad with hair...So yeah Jon's hair is still a mess (but not as much as it was before...) ill see what i can do to try to make it flow better.

Double post:

15rjcqa.png

Followed Mew's advice but...im so bad at AAing properly. part of her strap area still has the jaggies. D: D:

2mzza4h.png

Tweaked some of his hair a bit and moved his eyebrow over a pixel.

Edited by Jon Snow

• 2 weeks later...

I dig it. Definitely looks like him aaand I'm pretty sure he's one of my favorite characters :D The white streak in his hair is nice at the bottom but the top part of it seems rather uniform, maybe break it up with a red strand coming over top of it.

I dig it. Definitely looks like him aaand I'm pretty sure he's one of my favorite characters :D The white streak in his hair is nice at the bottom but the top part of it seems rather uniform, maybe break it up with a red strand coming over top of it.

Hows this look?

vq6u53.png