Ripping FE Maps

Sovereign

Is there a way of doing this, or some kind of archive with all the map files? I would just use maps I make myself, but I'm horrible at it, so I plan on just making new events with existing maps, but I need to be able to view them... Btw, I ran a search and found nothing :/

Thanks in advance!

Well, if you take a look at the links there... just import it in mappy as a tileset, then cut the first "blank tile" out. Then make a "brush" and paste it onto a map. You'll have your coordinates then... even if it's a "wrong tileset", it'll give you the coordinates you need since you won't actually be inserting the map, just using it as a reference.

Sorry, Cam, I don't trust mainsites too much when it comes to FE forums, because they're sometimes incredibly outdated. Anyways, thank ya very much, mates!

> Serenes Forest

> Mainsite where people go for FE info

> Maps

> Outdated

It would have only taken you a few seconds to realize for the info you're looking for, those graphics can't be "outdated" unless someone screwed up badly in ripping them.

You're only keeping yourself from the info you seek if you fear that it's "sometimes outdated". It's Serenes Forest... I'd imagine it's THE FE mainsite on the internet for the English speaking community. Comparing it so something like say... the FEShrine mainsite, it's updated more frequently and contains more detailed info on the games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

> Serenes Forest

> Mainsite where people go for FE info

> Maps

> Outdated

It would have only taken you a few seconds to realize for the info you're looking for, those graphics can't be "outdated" unless someone screwed up badly in ripping them.

You're only keeping yourself from the info you seek if you fear that it's "sometimes outdated". It's Serenes Forest... I'd imagine it's THE FE mainsite on the internet for the English speaking community. Comparing it so something like say... the FEShrine mainsite, it's updated more frequently and contains more detailed info on the games.

It's probably because I used to strictly only visit FEU, and I remember for the longest time, the main site literally was never updated, but the forum was always a great resource.

and what did happen to feu might i ask :S

also i just now recognize you

I actually don't know what happened. I recently came back to the FE community (I have a lot of hiatuses when it comes to FE o:), and I go to SoS, there was only a quote there though...

And I recognize your sig, but people always change their names, so it's hard to remember who's who >.<

Edited by Sai

It's probably because I used to strictly only visit FEU, and I remember for the longest time, the main site literally was never updated, but the forum was always a great resource.

Which is exactly why you're not using the best example. It's a HORRIBLE example of a mainsite. It became FEchan after it became SoS.