Pokemon Emerald-Recommend a decent, entertaining team to a newbie

Deliriyum

I thought Torchic was the best because of the few fire types available?

In my humble opinion, I can't agree. In addition, you don't really see a better water type than Mudkip for quite a while.

Edited by Golden Cucco

Well, with there being a good bit of water towards the late-ish game, Torchic is alright. Mudkip is pretty much great the whole game. And besides, the other fire types aren't that bad from what I remember.

Anyway, I recommend Tailow. It is pretty fast and powerful (from what I remember), and it partners well with Mudkip.

I thought Torchic was the best because of the few fire types available?

No. Mudkip has a water/ground type, in a game which there are no grass type gyms. Mudkip = Amazing.

Ralts is awesome.

Well, with there being a good bit of water towards the late-ish game, Torchic is alright. Mudkip is pretty much great the whole game. And besides, the other fire types aren't that bad from what I remember.

Anyway, I recommend Tailow. It is pretty fast and powerful (from what I remember), and it partners well with Mudkip.

Personally, I consider Slugma and Magcargo to be just plain awful, but that's just me.

Personally, I consider Slugma and Magcargo to be just plain awful, but that's just me.

True, but I was mainly talking about Numel/Camperupt and Torkoal (I've heard decent things about it). I should've mentioned that Sluggy is excluded from the 'not bad' list, and is in the 'bleh' list.

Edited by Konnor97

Alright so Mudkip, Ralts, Tailow...What about Lotad? I've heard good things about Lotad.

IMO, Lotad's not worth it. It's just... let's just say I think that you could do better, both for a water type and for a grass type.

Sames.

It's oogly looking.

I'd reccomend Wingull, Aron, and Shroomish as well, just for rounding and some bulk to the team.

Don't catch many pokemon early on, but you should think about having a team of 6 before say, the 4th gym.

Edited by Melonhead

Aggron is awesome, although I'll admit it isn't the best choice. Although I haven't used it, Manectric will likely be useful, and I thought Numel was a good fire type. Hariyama was good too, but any fighting type seems good in this game. Seriously, fighting and electric types = advantageous.

Aggron is awesome, although I'll admit it isn't the best choice. Although I haven't used it, Manectric will likely be useful, and I thought Numel was a good fire type. Hariyama was good too, but any fighting type seems good in this game. Seriously, fighting and electric types = advantageous.

Numel gets ripped apart by water types and is too slow to go first against them. Since you don't mention Beutifly or mighteyena you are cleary a neub who probably doesn't know whan an HM is.