Sacred Stones Teams

I'm kind of curious to see who everyone uses (although I kind of already know someone who will be on there...), and what you usually make everyone when you promote them.

I wanna play through the game again, but in Hard Mode, and I'm having one my usual "what am I gonna make so and so" dilemmas again! XD So I need ideas. xD

Sethsolo because its the easiest way 95% of time.

Just go with whatever the hell seems amusing. Optimal teams for this game serve little use because of how easy it is. Really the difference of strong and weak team is that of overkill and training wheel mode.

that reminds me I should finish my scrubs only run

Sethsolo because its the easiest way 95% of time.

Just go with whatever the hell seems amusing. Optimal teams for this game serve little use because of how easy it is. Really the difference of strong and weak team is that of overkill and training wheel mode.

Yeah... I know what you mean... xD I just always get like this though... owo; I think I'll try doing stuff that I haven't done before then... see what happens... xD Thanks for the reply! :O)

**implies that has used Gilliam as something that is not Great Knight**

**Implies that has committed the crime of using a General not named Gatrie or Oswin**

Oh Ashera save this poor soul from demons tormenting his poor soul and making him use crap...

Lol XD I just like having a General.... I dunno. xD The first time I played the game ever, I didn't even use Gilliam, I had Amelia as my general, (which looking back on it, she wasn't a very good one :\)

And yeah I know Oswin and Gatrie are uber! XD

Use Cormag. I always do wyvern lord, but wyvern knight might be better thanks to immediate speed. Hero Garcia for the same purpose, but his low cap will probably fail. Lastly, super pupil Ewan. He was blessed beyond belief when I used him like that, but it gives him access to all forms of magic. It may not be the smartest because of now staves, but it's interesting.

Lol XD I just like having a General.... I dunno. xD The first time I played the game ever, I didn't even use Gilliam, I had Amelia as my general, (which looking back on it, she wasn't a very good one :\)

And yeah I know Oswin and Gatrie are uber! XD

it seems the need for exorcism is deeper than I though.

That reminds me I should finally figure out if its She or Ewan that is the shittiest unit in the game

Use Cormag. I always do wyvern lord, but wyvern knight might be better thanks to immediate speed. Hero Garcia for the same purpose, but his low cap will probably fail. Lastly, super pupil Ewan. He was blessed beyond belief when I used him like that, but it gives him access to all forms of magic. It may not be the smartest because of now staves, but it's interesting.

I find you implying str cap of 25 + AXES not being plenty to tear in pieces everything this game can throw at you amusing

Edited by Kore wa Sho desu ka?

Oh, I LOVE Cormag! XD He's such a good character! :D Yeah I always do wyvern lord too. I have NEVER used a wyvern knight, but this runthrough I really want to... xD And like I was debating whether to make one of the peg knights one, but I just can't see them as one...

I haven't made Garcia a hero before, although my brother has. I like making Ross and hero and Garcia a Warrior usually. I find it really weird when Ross is like taller than his dad... xD

I can't actually do the super trainees yet, because I'm playing on the 3DS version, which I haven't played much of so I don't have access to those yet... xD When I do though, I want to make everyone their super trainee class, just because! XD And yeah super pupil does seem really interesting! :D

Oh, I LOVE Cormag! XD He's such a good character! :D Yeah I always do wyvern lord too. I have NEVER used a wyvern knight, but this runthrough I really want to... xD And like I was debating whether to make one of the peg knights one, but I just can't see them as one...

I haven't made Garcia a hero before, although my brother has. I like making Ross and hero and Garcia a Warrior usually. I find it really weird when Ross is like taller than his dad... xD

I can't actually do the super trainees yet, because I'm playing on the 3DS version, which I haven't played much of so I don't have access to those yet... xD When I do though, I want to make everyone their super trainee class, just because! XD And yeah super pupil does seem really interesting! :D

A) Pegasi to wyvern grants +4 constitution. That alone is reason enough to do it every time over the crap that Falcons get. Shame their aid suffers but can't have it all.

B) loltrainees

I use everyone.

No, really. All this free experience, infinite money and easily accessible stat boosters mean I can go and level everyone up pretty evenly (except the healers, but there's the arena for that). That's the awesome thing about FE8. So usually I just run Chapters with "which character isn't maxed out yet?" in mind.

As for personal preference, I usually bring Amelia (General), Tana (Falcoknight/Dracoknight), Lute (Sage), Marisa (Assassin) and Neimi (Sniper) in any team I run. Magical Girl Magvel Magica, Let's GO!!!

As for Creature Campaign, I just bring all 4 Bishops and they wreck havoc on everything. Because a 15-movement, maxed-out, Naglfar-equipped Moulder is hardcore.

Edited by Keiya

I use everyone.

No, really. All this free experience, infinite money and easily accessible stat boosters mean I can go and level everyone up pretty evenly (except the healers, but there's the arena for that). That's the awesome thing about FE8. So usually I just run Chapters with "which character isn't maxed out yet?" in mind.

As for personal preference, I usually bring Amelia (General), Tana (Falcoknight/Dracoknight), Lute (Sage), Marisa (Assassin) and Neimi (Sniper) in any team I run. Magical Girl Magvel Magica, Let's GO!!!

As for Creature Campaign, I just bring all 4 Bishops and they wreck havoc on everything. Because a 15-movement, maxed-out, Naglfar-equipped Moulder is hardcore.

I try to use everyone also actually! :D It doesn't usually end that way, but I do try! XD Ooh... I like those choices for your girls... I usually make Lute a Mage Knight myself, but I'm thinking Sage this time... I kind of want to make Ewan the Mage Knight! XD

Bishops are uber!!! *~*

I use everyone.

Yeah. Same here.

Pegknights go Falco for me. I hate hate hate hate the Wyvern Knight sprite with a passion and its lance lock. Im also biased because i like pegknights better.

Cormag always goes Wyvern Lord because WK sucks to me.

Gilliam usually goes General but having him be Great Knight is kinda fun.

Amelia goes Paladin 99% of the time.

So does most of the others but Forde and Kyle sometimes end up as GKs.

Lute's fun as a Mage Knight.

MOULDER THE BOULDER always gets used. Alternates between Bishop and Sage. Same with Artur. Hes usually a Bishop though.

Natasha often goes Bishop because Slayer is that broken for CC. Valkyrie is fun though.

L'Arachel is Valkyrie most of the time.

Gerik. I like move so he tends to go Ranger for me.

Marisa the Swordmaster.

Joshua the super sexy Swordie. Hnngh.

Garcia the Warrior.

Ross the Zerker!

Ewan...the ewww. (i usually have him as Sage or Mage Knight)

Knoll the Summoner.

Colm the Rogue but he goes Assassin once in awhile.

Neimi the Ranger. Fuck Snipers.

Gilliam's beard and +2 mov on promotion disagree.

Garcia's name disagrees.

I mean.

Gilliam Bojangles?

Vs.

The Grrrreat Garrrcia.

Also, both are cool and should support each other(I think they can).

Also, Hero and GK have same move anyways.

Yeah. Same here.

Pegknights go Falco for me. I hate hate hate hate the Wyvern Knight sprite with a passion and its lance lock. Im also biased because i like pegknights better.

Cormag always goes Wyvern Lord because WK sucks to me.

Gilliam usually goes General but having him be Great Knight is kinda fun.

Amelia goes Paladin 99% of the time.

So does most of the others but Forde and Kyle sometimes end up as GKs.

Lute's fun as a Mage Knight.

MOULDER THE BOULDER always gets used. Alternates between Bishop and Sage. Same with Artur. Hes usually a Bishop though.

Natasha often goes Bishop because Slayer is that broken for CC. Valkyrie is fun though.

L'Arachel is Valkyrie most of the time.

Gerik. I like move so he tends to go Ranger for me.

Marisa the Swordmaster.

Joshua the super sexy Swordie. Hnngh.

Garcia the Warrior.

Ross the Zerker!

Ewan...the ewww. (i usually have him as Sage or Mage Knight)

Knoll the Summoner.

Colm the Rogue but he goes Assassin once in awhile.

Neimi the Ranger. Fuck Snipers.

I like do most of those, except I ALWAYS make Colm a Rogue, just because they are so freaking useful, plus as fighters they aren't terrible.

I also make Ross a Hero usually and Neimi a Sniper. (Although I'm making her a ranger this playthrough.)

Lol to the Joshua thing! xD

Garcia's name disagrees.

I mean.

Gilliam Bojangles?

Vs.

The Grrrreat Garrrcia.

I like Garcia a lot! :D He's got an awesome beard! XD Plus I dunno, the name Garcia sounds kind of exotic! :D He's also Ross' dad which makes him even cooler! -w- -nods-

Garcia's name disagrees.

I mean.

Gilliam Bojangles?

Vs.

The Grrrreat Garrrcia.

I recall their support including arm wrestling

It's by default the best support

I've used every character in the game for CC, though not during the main game. Actually, Dolza and Rennac are the only ones I can think of who I never take any further than I have to outside of CC...

What I usually do for promotions:

Franz -> Paladin/Great Knight

Gilliam -> Great Knight

Vanessa -> Wyvern Knight

Moulder -> Bishop

Ross -> Pirate -> Berserker

Garcia -> Warrior (hero is probably better because of the speed gains though)

Neimi -> Ranger (yay no bowlock)

Colm -> Rogue

Artur -> Bishop

Lute -> Sage

Natasha -> Bishop (Slayer is so OP)

Joshua -> Swordmaster

Forde -> Paladin/Great Knight

Kyle -> Great Knight

Tana -> Wyvern Knight

Amelia -> Knight/Cavalier -> General/Paladin

Gerik -> Hero (dat con)

Marisa -> Assassin

L'Arachel -> Mage Knight

Ewan -> Shaman -> Druid

Cormag -> Wyvern Lord

Knoll -> Summoner

As for the team I like using on most runs:

Eirika

Ephraim

L'arachel

Tana

Vanessa

Cormag

Ewan

Neimi

Gerik

Tethys

Franz

Forde

And sometimes Seth

I kind of prefer Sethless runs, but sometimes he's just too good, especially in hard mode in that first fog of war chapter. In that case usually I'll use Seth over Forde or Franz, whoever is doing worse. I use whatever healer is available until L'arachel turns up. She's underleveled but she's so damn cute and I've never had a magic screwed L'arachel, unlike Moulder or Natasha who sometimes fall short. Usually Moulder gets replaced by Natasha who gets replaced by L'arachel. However, Bishop Moulder+Natasha+Artur are like the dream team of CC and destroy everything. Vanessa is sometimes really bad and gets tossed off the team because her strength failed, but her ferrying services are invaluable. For the peg knights, the +4 con is huge for the wyvern knight promotion so I always go with that. Cormag could really promote into either class so I choose wyvern lord.

I just go over the classes because it really does not matter who the to be promoted is, superior class choise is always superior.

Trainees -> BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAH outside Ross the pirate (no final promotion because he is benchwarmer far before he hits lv 10 anyway)

- his semi unique water walking that comes handy few times, and even then I mostly ignore his existence

Cavalier -> Paladin

- they actually LOSE MOVEMENT if they promote to Great Knight and that is bullshit of the highest caliber

Knight -> Great Knight

- do I need to say more than +2 movement? 5 movement is barely something I can live with FOR UNPROMOTED UNIT. Fuck Generals to death with proto

Archer -> Ranger

- actually this can go dies too because I am not using something that is locked to bows until lv 10 just to cost me 4000 gold and have mediocre stats and D swords

Merc -> Hero

- While that movement bonus is glorious as ranger, I consider every physical unit without hand axes or javelins a dead weight.

Fighter -> Hero

- MOAR SPEED

Anything that can become Assassin -> Something that is not an Assassin

- Colm is never meant to be a brawler anyway and having to rely on critical bonus of weapon to fill your niche is just sad when you can have +15% crit on every single weapon you touch. You need SOME goodie to excuse no Javelin/Hand axe after all.

Anything that flies -> Wyvern Knight

- Swords suck (and Lancelock is the only weaponlock that is completely and utterly harmless anyway). Also everything that can promote to Wyvern Knight gets INSANE bonuses from it. (4 con and 3 speed respectively) Not to mention those bonuses are at the stats the respective fliers suffer most to seal the case.

That troubadour can go die for all I care.

- Comes that late at that level? I would call it a bad joke but I have trainees for that

to be Bishop -> Bishop

- Slayer + having good staff rank by default

Mage -> The thing that has horse

- staffs(the best weapon), +3 con and +2 move are the only things that make me even consider using Lute.

Shaman -> Summoner

- having a niche as endless bait supply is the only excuse Knoll has to take one of my Guiding rings. Magic triangle is so sad that it got removed from the series after all.