Shadow Dragon Patch Potential

Taku

I know Shadow Dragon and its DS sequel haven't been touched too much in the hacking community and is still relatively new with very few hacks, so I was wondering.

Has anyone attempted to change the coding of To Hit, evasion, etc., back to their GBA counterparts? I know I, as well as others, have a few problems with the formula used in the DS games, to where the knock against evasion is a HUGE detriment to glass cannon characters, who in previous GBA games would be able to survive by evading attacks whether than taking them. This also hurts the melee characters that have no resistance, so when a Mage attacks them, they are going to take the full force of the blow and because of the evasion calculations, have little to no hope of dodging. There are various other problems, I believe.

Has a patch like this already been made or is in the works? Or is it even possible with the hacking tools and knowledge of the DS games that we have now?

Edited by Taku

it is possible it's just that nobody with the ability wants to do it

I see. Well, hopefully a patch like that will come one day, although the DS games are as well liked as the GBA games, so maybe it won't. Thanks.