Uploaded Berwick Saga OST onto Youtube.

loves2sp00n

How is that piece great?

The problem is that too often I find the compositions resembling background music. The best incidental music contains musical narrative that can function independent of its original source. While there is some sort of narrative based on the source material, it is myopic, linear and entirely uninteresting. I see no reason why anybody could enjoy this music unless they were playing the game. I have perused a few tracks and from what I have heard, they lack character; what exactly is there that distinguishes it from your typical "battle theme" or "tragedy"? See "Desperate Fight" for one of the worst tracks - no development, loops ad infinitum to fadeout and the theme itself sucks. To top it off we have here some lazy ass and boring compositions, so the producer (or whoever is in charge) glosses over it orchestral bombast in an attempt to remedy this unrefined piece of shit. Jesus, I can say that at least 100% of 'orchestral' glazed music from japan, that I've heard, has been fucking garbage.

Here's some great incidental music

So... you're annoyed that background music is background music?

You say you don't see how people could enjoy the music outside of its original source, yet we do. All that shows is that some reason exists and you simply don't see it. Especially since you've apparently simply "perused a few tracks" rather than playing the game itself to be able to recall the original context in the music.

And for this sort of music when completely out of context like that? As someone who's never watched any DBZ, I didn't see anything special about that Cell theme, either.

Edited by Othin

Don't be a smartass. Just because it's classified as "background music" does not mean that it should conform to low standards (of being background music).

Of course other people can enjoy it, but I clearly stated that I don't understand the reasoning behind it. So if you're up to it, care to explain what makes it so enjoyable rather than getting so defensive about it? Having played the game a while ago, I've not listened to the music since. On my revisit, nothing I heard could hold my attention so I promptly dismissed it and gave my reasons for doing so in the post above.

It's obvious that we have different standards when it comes to music so I didn't expect you to cum all over your monitor after hearing that DBZ music. I consider it great because of its compositional mastery in portraying an avatar of wickedness. Mundane subject but structured to depict not only a character but his subsequent rampage and aftermath.

Raven's got it right. Someone works on putting together something they enjoy and uploads it for others to enjoy as well, and then you walk in and call it shit. And you're surprised at an unfriendly reaction? If you're unimpressed by this sort of thing, there are options such as not saying anything.

And if you do want to say something? There is a world of difference between "I wasn't too impressed with x" and "I think x blows shit". Surely you understand this?

Or perhaps you'd like illustration. Incidentally, have I mentioned that I think Mystery of the Emblem blows shit?

Edited by Othin

Raven: "I think". What else do I have to put to clarify that the opinion expressed is mine? I offered my perspective on the subject and I was interested in seeing what others had to say about it. I used profanity, so what. Can't you look over shit and fuck? How about responding to what I actually say instead of how I say it?

Othin: What the hell are you talking about? I gave the guy who uploaded it some props because it's a great game that deserves more attention. I said the OST itself was shit - what's wrong with that? Just because I used profanity doesn't mean that I intended to disrespect the guy. He's obviously of good character since he didn't react like some belligerent manbaby and instead chose to respond politely.

Go ahead and talk shit about FE3. I don't care.

didn't react like some belligerent manbaby and instead chose to respond politely.

You should have edited your second and third post before saying this.

Seriously though, musical taste is subjective and having a "my musical taste is better than yours" argument is a bit childish.

Edited by loves2sp00n

• 2 weeks later...

Raven: "I think". What else do I have to put to clarify that the opinion expressed is mine? I offered my perspective on the subject and I was interested in seeing what others had to say about it. I used profanity, so what. Can't you look over shit and fuck? How about responding to what I actually say instead of how I say it?

This mentality works until you grow up a little bit and realize that this doesn't work anywhere. It's a cause of flaming on the internet and it sure as fuck doesn't work in real life. Your second post was the thing that annoyed me anyway, i didn't care too much about your initial post.

I need to find a good opportunity to listen through this. Thank god i only have two modules of my tutor training to do today, then I have optics lab all day... perfect!

Edited by Lord Raven