Conditional Headache

LunaSaint

Hiya! I've been enjoying the freedom of scratch building a campaign in FE7, but recently hit a wall made of Event IDs and Conditions.

In one chapter, an optional objective is to kill [Glass] before he escapes the map, else he'll cause all sorts of trouble in the following chapter.

I know this can be done since there's a similar case with killing Vaida. Using Boss Vaida and borrowing an IFET reference or two preceding her showing up in Cog of Destiny doesn't work at all. And really, that's no surprise.

Currently I'm trying to do two things that depend on [Glass] being alive.

1) Turn based events that move them towards the escape point. Problem here is that none of the IF-based conditions seem to apply for enemy units.

2) Events that change based on [Glass] being alive in the next chapter.

I really haven't yet wrapped my head around either conditions OR events; what should I be doing to make a permament mark?

Have Glass's death quote be some ID. If that ID gets triggered use an AFEV to disable the moving to escape point event.

If you set this death quote ID to be 0x66 or higher it becomes a permanent ID that the game remembers throughout the rest of the play-through meaning you can manipulate it in future chapters.

Also, there's a topic for event questions.

are you seriously trying to do something super complicated without actually knowing what you're doing

i applaud you

like seriously

THIS is what people should be like when making a hack - experiment first before asking for help

Edited by CT075

TURN events will happen on the enemy phase if one of those values near the end is set to 0x8

that's incredibly vague

uh

TURN 0x0 label13 [1,0] 0x8 0x0

dat 0x8

should do it

I think if it's like 0x4 or something it might happen on the NPC turn

*memory failurez*

As for a conditional event which checks the phase, I think this is it:

IFAT 0x11 0x7A2F1

0x11 is the conditional ID

the default is that it's the enemy phase, the "else" is that it's the player phase. I think ._.

hopefully with some playing around you should get these to work and it should help a little

*goes back to hiding*

Edited by Strawhat Luffy

Also, there's a topic for event questions.

.....I must have seen that sticky as a particularly big thread.

Thank you, I'll have to remember that next time. ~_~

Also, thanks for the ID tip. I've seen a few tricks based around death quotes now, I'll have to really investigate how they work/how to fiddle with them.

@NL: I don't have a problem getting the turn event to trigger, just to tell if the NPC is dead. Sorry, I should have been clearer.

EDIT: After going through the Ultimate tutorial some, realised that event IDs are waaaaaay less complicated than I thought. Now to see if I can impliment this right~

EDIT2: Whoo! All clear, works now. Better note down that Event ID 66 is in use.

Edited by LunaSaint