Quick SpotPass Question

Alexbt1992

So, I've searched Serensforest.net everywhere along with a bunch of other sites, and I wasn't able to find the answer to this.

Once a person does SpotPass every 24 hours, a new team from a random past Fire Emblem series game will appear on the world map, and it will be a random team, that much I understand. What I could not clarify is if you'd be able to choose who to encounter.

For exmaple, if I were to get a Radiant Dawn encounter on the world map, would I be able to choose to encounter Micaiah or Sothe? Or would the recruitable character in this encounter be randomized?

I don't really understand your question, so I'll just explain it from the beginning.

Characters from spotpass teams are released one a day over two weeks (which one you get each day is somewhat random). You automatically have all characters from all past teams.

You can choose to summon any character you've gotten to the world map. They never appear automatically.

SpotPass characters do not appear on their own: rather, they become available in a menu available from the world map, where you can summon any characters that have been released. Every two weeks, Nintendo releases a new set of 10 characters; so far, for the Japanese version, they've released 11 of the 12 sets, so anyone who's connected to SpotPass at any time can summon any of those 110 characters at will, as often as they want.

That's the overall picture. The 24-hour thing is irrelevant in the long-term, but it's part of how the teams are handled in the short term.

At any given time, the newest team you've downloaded has some special restrictions applied to it. When you first download the team, you only have one character available. 24 hours after accessing the character list for that game on, you get the next character, and so on. The order you get the characters depends on a certain order programmed into each game and will be the same for all your files. However, it really doesn't matter, because once you download the next set, all the characters from that set immediately become available whether or not you accessed the list every 24 hours to actually unlock all the characters by that point.

So in other words, you can't control the order they become available, but once characters become available, you can summon them whenever you wish, as often as you wish.

Edited by Othin

SpotPass characters do not appear on their own: rather, they become available in a menu available from the world map, where you can summon any characters that have been released. Every two weeks, Nintendo releases a new set of 10 characters; so far, for the Japanese version, they've released 11 of the 12 sets, so anyone who's connected to SpotPass at any time can summon any of those 110 characters at will, as often as they want.

That's the overall picture. The 24-hour thing is irrelevant in the long-term, but it's part of how the teams are handled in the short term.

At any given time, the newest team you've downloaded has some special restrictions applied to it. When you first download the team, you only have one character available. 24 hours after accessing the character list for that game on, you get the next character, and so on. The order you get the characters depends on a certain order programmed into each game and will be the same for all your files. However, it really doesn't matter, because once you download the next set, all the characters from that set immediately become available whether or not you accessed the list every 24 hours to actually unlock all the characters by that point.

So in other words, you can't control the order they become available, but once characters become available, you can summon them whenever you wish, as often as you wish.

Ahh. I had a huge misunderstanding then, but that pretty much answered every SpotPass question that related to acquiring the previous Fire Emblem characters. Thank you very much. :)