H5 "no deaths" playthrough & recruiting all, saving all villages

EDIT:

please feel free, to post anything about tips or your own

"FE SD -h5- playthrough, without any deaths, recruiting all characters (except for the bonus level characters) and saving all villages (for items, gold & co.)"

& thanx to Serius for his Merciless playthrough (with many good tips for the start) and to Balcerzak for taking the time of spliting the thread

@ Richter Abend:

thanx

@ Game on h5

finally finished the first chapter without any sacrifices and not letting Jagen steel too much EXP.... (made it twice to the boss..., the frist time I foolishly risked a direct attack with Jagen..)..., after many, many resets.. (even watched some animé while playing..., makes it easyier to coop with so many resets..)

..the Clou in my case was kind of using Jagen at the beginning, letting him kill off a few (not many) while standing on a arsenal to heal a bit.., that made like a big diffrence (....besides buying 3 Javelins..., thanx @ Sirius for that..)

I'm the in the middle of the 2nd chapter, isn't near a crazy hard as the beginning or the first.. (only recruting Darros at the beginning of the 2nd chapt. can be a bit tricky...)

but still, for the first two chapters (withouit any sacrificed/permadeaths) it must be the most difficult FE on it's hardes difficulty, right???...

(for h5, are the extra EXP needed in the chapters 6x, 12x, 17x ect??? ....because without any permadeaths, it's impossible to reach lose extra levels, right??.

(but some will have to die anyways?? cause there wont be any more room on the maps, if all allways survive?? or is there a "base" later on, where you can chose your characters??)

EDIT:

is there a possible trick to get more Status growth when Leveling up, when pressing all buttons fast a few times (a, b, x, y)?? (pressing them right when hitting 100 Exp for the level up, till the "Level up" shows up and disapears..)...., I have a feeling, I'm maybe getting better growth, when pressing like that :huh: (???)

.... in other FE's it seemed almost have an opposite effect.. (when pressing buttons before, during or after the level up, it seemed to like lower the growth...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE12 H3 is harder.

Also gaidens are easy and make great places to train.

the newest 3DS FE ist the hardest (without letting anyone die)???... thought it might be the easiest....., now I'm looking forward to it even more..

(...harder than FE SD h5!... now I'm also kind of scared of the 3DS FE...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

FE12 is on DS, and was not released outside of Japan. Pressing buttons does not influence the RNG, as far as I know (which means that it doesn't do anything in regards to stats).

I'm stuck in the 3rd Chapter (h5) and I can't finish it, without someone dyingangry.gif... ,mostly Darros, Bord or anyother weak one dies..

whish I could just leave the weak ones at a base.., is there ever any base, where we can leave some weak ones behind, or do we always have to take all the characters with us?? (if none ever die and there's no base, then by about chapter 10, there should be like 30 characters at once on the screenblink.gif??...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

I'm stuck in the 3rd Chapter (h5) and I can't finish it, without someone dyingangry.gif... ,mostly Darros, Barst, Bord or anyother weak one dies..

whish I could just leave the weak ones at a base.., is there ever any base, where we can leave some weak ones behind, or do we always have to take all the characters with us?? (if none ever die and there's no base, then by about chapter 10, there should be like 30 characters at once on the screenblink.gif??...)

You should unlock the preparations screen at the start of Chapter Four. Also, are you having trouble with the normal enemies, or with the boss?

If it is the boss that keeps killing you, I would suggest using the save point right before fighting him, and attacking using somebody that will not die, restarting until you get a critical hit. The Killing Edge, if you managed to get it, should help with this part.

If it is the start of the chapter that you are having trouble with, I would suggest that you keep trying the strategy that this guide tells you to try. Eventually it will work, as long as you plan a few steps ahead.

You should unlock the preparations screen at the start of Chapter Four. Also, are you having trouble with the normal enemies, or with the boss?

If it is the boss that keeps killing you, I would suggest using the save point right before fighting him, and attacking using somebody that will not die, restarting until you get a critical hit. The Killing Edge, if you managed to get it, should help with this part.

If it is the start of the chapter that you are having trouble with, I would suggest that you keep trying the strategy that this guide tells you to try. Eventually it will work, as long as you plan a few steps ahead.

thanx

knowing, there's preparation screen after chapter 3, is giving me new strengthsmile.gif

I'm stuck at the start not at the boss yet...resp. I can almost survive both of the first attack waves (from above and from the left/west), but at the end of them (often also before), there's always one unprotected or weak character within the range of the enemies... (and they often doulbe hit too...)... or Nabarl often dies... (he's so weak...)

just read the strategy here for chapt 3,... I eventually played +/- the same way too.. (blocking the ones from above or using counter attacks ect....), but somehow I can never kill off one of the groups completly, before the other group arrives.. (using counter attacks is kind of slow too.).. .., I end up often like trying to fight at two fronts.. ,

maybe I should move futher/faster up wards .. (?)...taking out the uper front faster....( moving too fast/far westwards can bring the hunters)

the Killing edge is cool.. (reallly should get it as soon as possible..)

EDIT I:

again and again...one always dies off, almost right at the end of the two attack waves.., if I had a few less characters with me, I could squeez all my characters in the narrow pathway on the north/east better...that way I could block the attackers from the west easier..and have some more room to switch some back and forth

(just having one less chararcter, would make a difference,..I'm even tempted on not recruting Nabarl anymore, ..with Nabarl I've got 17 characters)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

You'll want Navarre, if only for the Killing Edge. I haven't played H5, but I'll give this a shot (doing limited people on H3 was pretty hellish). Did you recruit Wrys? If so, how many Heal charges do you have left?

yes!! finally survived the frist two attack waves without any deaths and with recruting Nabarl/Navarre.. :sob: (.. tears of joy)

true, Navaarre's weapon is very usefull.. (even if not all can use it yet..., gave it to Ogma.)

recruted Wrys (the healer, right? at end of chapter 1), still have 7 heals left, .... (gave the healing staff to Lena).., hope there's shop soon, to buy more staffs...

.. but there are still hunters 2 and the 2 axes fighters beside the boss still around (EDIT: and one lonesome hunter at the top right.....).. really have to make now till the 2nd save point without any deaths...(just no hunters are allowed to critically hit.., happens not seldomly on h5...)

__

h5 without any deaths (and recruting as many as possible) ist really sometimes crazy hard, but it totally motivates...

..but the crazy hard parts are more at the beginning (of the chapters and of the game..)

..beginning of the frist chapter was very hard, then it got easier...., the beginning of the 3rd was also hell... , and it's said, that from about the 5th chapter onwards, it gets easier (like often in FE's),

so if you try h5, try to hold thru the hard start...

(I was able to hold thru sooooo many re-starts at the beginning, cause I watched some animé parallel, while playing..., right now I'm watching (crazy) Zatch Bell..., a more "fantasy" orientated animé would be more fitting though...; I pitty that Nintendo never made a good FE animé.. like based on the NGC/Wii FE versions..)

EDIT:

eclipse, if you start h5, post at the beginning or end of every chapter, the level (maybe even stats) of the characters you're using (not all, only the "used" ones)..., I will start to post them too,.. it's more fun

EDIT: just survived the two hunters :sweatdrop:... (I'm afraid not to save now......, wanted to use the 2nd save only right before the boss.., but I'm afraid one of the two fighters (next to the boss) might crtically hit...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

You can bait the hunters individually. Then, bait both axe fighters, and have someone stand on the fort and tank.

true.., baited the hunters this time individually, ...without even realising it at first.. (in the past, they keept coming together, I was prepared to take on both at once..)

used the 2nd saved right after the 2 hunters.. (besides the boss, still have 2 axe fighters ahead of me.., and one lonesome hunter at the top/right..)...

agree, when taking out the 2 axe fighters, I'll have someone tank on the fort.. (probalby Marth.., with his rapier, he can often dodge...., maybe I'll save the rapier a bit, since there're only two fighters..)

@ level/stats

begining chapter 2:

Marth: level 3/Exp 97; 19 KP, 5 Str, 0 Mg, 5 Skl, 9 Spd, 8 Lck, 7 Def, 0 Res

Shiida: level 2/Exp 96; 17 KP, 4 Str, 1 Mg, 6 Skl, 13 Spd, 10 Lck, 7 Def, 6 Res (she's good, but often useless against many axe fighters, at first barely hits with Javelins)

Able: l evel 2/Exp 37; 21 KP, 7 Str, 0 Mg, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 3 Lck, 7 Def, 0 Res

Jagen: level 2/Exp 38; 22 KP, 7 Str, 1 Mg, 11 Skl, 8 Spd, 1 Lck, 9 Def, 6 Res (only wanted to use him as back-up, but I kept needing to use him more and more..)

Gordin: level 3/Exp 47; 18 KP, 6 Str, 0 Mg, 4 Skl, 5 Spd, 0 Lck, 6 Def, 0 Res (needed him, and hoped he'd develop well, but after reading chara guides, I should drop him??)

Edrag: level 1/Exp 10; 20 KP, 7 Str, 0 Mg, 3 Skl, 3 Spd, 1 Lck, 11 Def, 0 Res (he seemed useful at first, but he's weak against those axes..)

didn't use Kain much, and only recieved Ogma, Barst, Bord and Cord at the start of chapter 2 (used Wrys too, but since he's going to be replace by Lena at chapter 3, didn't post him..)

begining chapter 3:

Marth: level 4/Exp 94; 20 KP, 6 Str, 0 Mg, 6 Skl, 9 Spd, 9 Lck, 7 Def, 0 Res (placed on a fortress and holding a rapier, he can dodge a few times...)

Shiida: level 5/Exp 8; 20 KP, 6 Str, 1 Mg, 8 Skl, 16 Spd, 13 Lck, 7 Def, 6 Res (she's become my best unite, even when using her against so many axe fighters..)

Able: level 3/Exp 60; 20 KP, 7 Str, 0 Mg, 8 Skl, 8 Spd, 3 Lck, 8 Def, 0 Res (he's becoming dependent..., almost more then Ogma, even if his stats are lower.)

Jagen: level 3/Exp 42; 23 KP, 7 Str, 1 Mg, 12 Skl, 8 Spd, 1 Lck, 9 Def, 6 Res (still had to use him.... hope I can drop him soon....)

Gordin: level 3/Exp 97; 18 KP, 6 Str, 0 Mg, 4 Skl, 5 Spd, 0 Lck, 6 Def, 0 Res (still used him a bit,.. he always hits, very usefull in chapter 3)

Ogma: level 5/Exp 37; 23 KP, 6 Str, 0 Mg, 11 Skl, 12 Spd, 3 Lck, 6 Def, 0 Res (once in while, he'd double hit, and once in while he'd die after one hit)

Barst: level 4/Exp 24; 25 KP, 11 Str, 0 Mg, 6 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 6 Def, 0 Res (should have used more, he's like Ogma,..not 100% dependble yet,.. but getting better)

Edrag: level 1/Exp 10; 20 KP, 7 Str, 0 Mg, 3 Skl, 3 Spd, 1 Lck, 11 Def, 0 Res (stopped using him.., he'd just die soo.)

only got Julian and Lena at the start of the 3rd chapters (and didnt use them much till the 2 hunters..., maybe a mistake...).., didn't use Kain, Darros, Cord or Bord at all anymore... used Castor maybe once or twice (but not much more..), maybe should have switched from Gordin to Castor, but I didn't..., Nabarl/Navarre only gets recruted after abour the 2-4 round in chapter 3 (and I didn't use him after that.., tried to use him a few times.. but he's soo weak, even with his Killing Edge..., the Killing Edge will hopefully be usefull for the boss...)

when looking backwards... I shouldn't have used Jagen so much (but surving without using Jagen, is almost impossible..),.. and maybe not used Gordin so much either..., and maybe should have saved the healing staff more.., and should have mayb e tried to use Julian and Lena during the frist half of chapter 3...

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

agree, now things can be taken slowly (the beginning of chapter 3 was really hellish...)..., but I don't now, if I'll be able to finish the boss/level tonight (it's 1:53 AM here in Switzerland.)...

__

EDITI: the 3rd boss is tough!..., luckly he misses a lot (but he almost always double hits..., some times one of them lands a hit...)...., I know, I know,..should have saved right before the boss...(... and Nabarl/Navarre is finally usefull..., he can dodge the boss quite often...)

EDIT II: 3rd boss is finally down!! (without any deaths.., Barst gave the final blow.., but Ogma's critical hit with the Killing Edge made the differnece...)

now I only have to take down the lonesome hunter in north-east....

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

finally finished chapter 3 without any deaths :sob:... (love the in game music :XD:, when the chapter is cleared of all enemies....)

imo the crazy-hardests (!) beginning of a chapter so far and the hardest boss, ...at least when playing "no deaths allowed"... (well, ..the 1st boss was similar difficult...),...the beginning of the 3rd chapt. would have been imo a bit easier with a few less characters...

finally reached the prepartion screen in chapter 4!...

h5, most used character level & stats at the end of chapter 3/begining of chapter 4:

Marth:

Lv.6

Exp.68

KP.21

Str.8

Mg.0

Skl.7

Spd.10

Lck.10

Def.8

Res.0

(most used character, he caught up with Shiida in this chapter, with a rapier or a iron sword, he can dodge a lot..., expecialy on a fort...)

Shiida:

Lv.6

Exp.60

KP.20

Str.6

Mg.0

Skl.8

Spd.17

Lck.14

Def.7

Res.6

(she's had a hard time with so many axe fighters, ..but by now, she can hit well with a Javelin, better than at chapter 1..., she's the fastest here)

Able:

Lv.4

Exp.9

KP.22

Str.8

Mg.0

Skl.9

Spd.9

Lck.3

Def.8

Res.0

(he's like a allrounder..., but Ogma is overtaking him)

Ogma:

Lv.6

Exp.21

KP.24

Str.6

Mg.0

Skl.12

Spd.12

Lck.3

Def.6

Res.0

(his grwoth from level 5 => 6 wasn't so great.., but he's still one of the best characters, with ,great Skill and Speed)

Barst:

Lv.5

Exp.24

KP.26

Str.12

Mg.0

Skl.7

Spd.10

Lck.6

Def.7

Res.0

(he's had better growth from level 4 => 5, than Ogam had from 5 => 6; coulnd't use Barst much, but he got the "boss final blow" exp.)

Gordin:

Lv.4

Exp.27

KP.18

Str.6

Mg.0

Skl.4

Spd.5

Lck.6

Def.6

Res.0

(used him about 1-3 times in chapter 3, ...he's so weak and grows slow, should have maybe used Castor instead...)

Jagen:

Lv.3

Exp.62

KP.23

Str.7

Mg.1

Skl.12

Spd.8

Lck.1

Def.9

Res.6

(only used him 1-2 this time, not like in chapter 1+2 where he got "abused"..., this time he didn't level up, ..keeping him as an emergency back up)

Julian, Lena and Nabarl were all obtained in this level, each only got about 40-5 Exp, none leveled up yet..., should have maybe used Julian and Lena more.. (tried to use Julian and Narbarl more often, but they kepte dying and had to re-starte cause them often.., at least Nabarl was usefull against the boss.., he could survive 1 hit with like 1 Kp, while Julian would die after 1 hit..)

practicly didnt use the rest:Darrros, Castor, Edrang/Draug, Kain, Bord and Cord.., they all can't take 1 hit and do almost no damage. (expect maybe Edrang, he can take a few arrows without pain).., and used Wrys only for a few heals at the start of chapter 3, but I'll drop him in chapter 4 (Lena wil take his place, they're both level 3)

I might do a complet character level/stat list of all charasters at the beginning (or end) of chapter 5..., also with the characters, who weren't used (or almost not used...)

____

Marth, Shiida, Ogma, Barst and Able are my most used and depandble characters... (besides Gordin and Jagen, but they're both only back ups...)

don't know if I should start leveling -up Julian (thief) and/or Nabarl (Myrmidon).., they're both kind of weak-ish right now and it would take a bit of effort to level them up (they die very fast....)..

EDIT I: just saw, that in chapter 4, there's a possibibly to change clases.... no idea who to change to what...blink.gif... (maybe Darrros, Castor, Edrang, Kain, Bord, Cord or Wrys can be usefull after all?? when changing their classes??..)

EDITII: chapter 4 is a hard one too.., with 2 fronts again, and this time with 2 thieves going after villages.... (well defacto only 1 thief, since the frist one can be taken out in the frist turn..).., but at least healing staffs can finally be bought and used a lot...

using all characters, expect for Darros, Kain, Edrang/Draug and Cord.. (using Castor and Wrys as 2nd back-ups, and using Bord as 2nd axe user, besides Bart).., haven't changed any classes yet...

but the beginning of chapter 1st and 3rd chapters felt more devasting/hard than the beginnig of the 4th chapter... (the 4th is kind of hard, cause of the many speer users, while my best characters use mostly swords or lances)

(Edited Shiida, she didn't have Str 16, but only Str 6 of course...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

You didn't recruit Castor. . . :(:

Anyway, if you're that dependent on an archer, reclass Cain to one, and ditch Gordin. Cain's growths will allow him to catch up and surpass Gordin in a hurry. Alternately, reclass Draug to Hunter, and keep Cain as a cav and start using him. His growths are really close to Abel's, and if you managed to get him to D lances, he can chip stuff.

I always found Cain more useful thanks to early steel swords. I suppose Javelins/Ridersbanes are good too, but Steel Swords/Armorslayers are equally useful in my eyes. Like eclipse said Draug (or Cord) make decent hunters. Don't bother with Julian, he's far too much trouble to raise for a mediocre unit. Gordin is ditchable because Castor is better at using his steel bow, but he's only really good to use until other bow users start hitting D. If Cain is horribly slow you could make him a myrmidon to utilize his sword rank, although building lance rank might be better is you plan on keeping him as a Pally.

Oh, and if the cavaliers are causing you issues I can highly recommend forging the wing spear some +MT to OHKO them.

Edited by Serious Bananas

You didn't recruit Castor. . . :(:

Anyway, if you're that dependent on an archer, reclass Cain to one, and ditch Gordin. Cain's growths will allow him to catch up and surpass Gordin in a hurry. Alternately, reclass Draug to Hunter, and keep Cain as a cav and start using him. His growths are really close to Abel's, and if you managed to get him to D lances, he can chip stuff.

I recruted Castor, but I only used Gordin up to chapter 1-3.. but now in Chapter 4, Ive started to use Castor (and Gordin) as archer back ups ..... (only wanted to take the strong ones, but archers are usefull in the back.. in chapter 4, kind of running low on range weapons other than bows.., can't buy any new javelins or throw-axes)....

used Gordin the most of the four (Gordin, Cain, Castor and Draug/Edrag)..

(h5, beginning of chapter 4, Characters level/stats)

Gordin:

Lv.4

Exp.27

KP.18

Str.6

Mg.0

Skl.4

Spd.5

Lck.6

Def.6

Res.0

Castor

Lv.3

Exp.0

KP.21

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.3

Spd.6

Lck.3

Def.4

Res.0

Cain:

Lv.1

Exp.60

KP.20

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.5

Spd.6

Lck.3

Def.7

Res.0

Draug/Edrag

Lv.1

Exp.20

KP.20

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.3

Spd.3

Lck.1

Def.11

Res.0

Gordin and Castor are level 4 and 3, but are practicly as weak as Level 1 Cain and Draug/Edrag... (well the classes have an influence...), ...

I'll try it out, and dump Gordin and Castor, and try out Cain and Draug/Edrag as archers/hunters.. ,perfect, it's a 1:1 trade, getting an archer and hunter again..

(.... and also prefere the more mature look of Cain and Draug/Edrag..., Gordin and Castor kind of look, as if they're going pee themselfs any momentohmy.gif..)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

You're gonna have to feed them a LOT of kills, but it's not like you're realizing this on Chapter 9 or something. If you were to reclass Cain into an archer RIGHT NOW, he'd have 1 more Strength than Gordin, and 1 less Speed and Defense (I doubt Gordin is doubling, and neither should be in combat). Draug, if reclassed to Hunter RIGHT NOW, will start with a significant Speed lead over Gordin. The only downside to being a Hunter/Horseman in this game is no Longbows. Unless you plan on using the wireless shop, you're not seeing Longbows until you're two-thirds of the way into the game.

Don't forget that the Forge exists. You'll probably want to forge some MT on the Wing Spear first.

I always found Cain more useful thanks to early steel swords. I suppose Javelins/Ridersbanes are good too, but Steel Swords/Armorslayers are equally useful in my eyes. Like eclipse said Draug (or Cord) make decent hunters. Don't bother with Julian, he's far too much trouble to raise for a mediocre unit. Gordin is ditchable because Castor is better at using his steel bow, but he's only really good to use until other bow users start hitting D. If Cain is horribly slow you could make him a myrmidon to utilize his sword rank, although building lance rank might be better is you plan on keeping him as a Pally.

Oh, and if the cavaliers are causing you issues I can highly recommend forging the wing spear some +MT to OHKO them.

Cain with his sword would have been usefull against so many axe fighters bandits (chapter 1-3)., but ended up using Able instead (didn't want to share the exp. with both, ..my Able had more speed (or more skill??) at the time and he could use Javelins)

forgot, true.., I should maybe prepare a weapon for those cavaliers using spears...

Julian really is a problem child..,... even Nabarl can stand better..

(are some Names misspelled? like Narbal instead of Nabarl or Edgar instead of Edrag(Draug)

You're gonna have to feed them a LOT of kills, but it's not like you're realizing this on Chapter 9 or something. If you were to reclass Cain into an archer RIGHT NOW, he'd have 1 more Strength than Gordin, and 1 less Speed and Defense (I doubt Gordin is doubling, and neither should be in combat). Draug, if reclassed to Hunter RIGHT NOW, will start with a significant Speed lead over Gordin. The only downside to being a Hunter/Horseman in this game is no Longbows. Unless you plan on using the wireless shop, you're not seeing Longbows until you're two-thirds of the way into the game.

that's a concerne I have, if it's maybe too late to re-class unites, that I haven't really used at all yet...

but it's level 4, the first time we can re-class, it should be possible to catch up with those two, if there growth is good, .. even on h5, ..., hope so.., I'll give it a try, and see how those two do..., their growth just has to be better than that of Gordin....

.. I don't think, I'll use the Wi-Fi shop.., (do you pay with a credit card or with "Nintendo Points".., like with MS Points from the xbox 360?.., nah never mind..)..,

Draug/Edrag

Kight

Lv.1

Exp.20

KP.20

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.3

Spd.3

Lck.1

Def.11

Res.0

Draug/Edrag

Hunter

Lv.1

Exp.20

KP.20

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.5

Spd.9

Lck.1

Def.3

Res:0

Castor

Hunter

Lv.3

Exp.0

KP.21

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.3

Spd.6

Lck.3

Def.4

Res.0

=> Draug/Edrag Hunter class change was a good idea

Cain

Cavalier

Lv.1

Exp.60

KP.20

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.5

Spd.6

Lck.3

Def.7

Res.0

Cain

Archer

Lv.1

Exp.60

KP.19

Str.7

Mg.0

Skl.6

Spd.4

Lck.3

Def.6

Res.0

Gordin:

Archer

Lv.4

Exp.27

KP.18

Str.6

Mg.0

Skl.4

Spd.5

Lck.6

Def.6

Res.0

also not bad,... (Kain is still level 1 and Gordin is level 4..., but they have almost the same stats..)

...after trying the class changes, my concerns have been wiped away, .... (thanx for the tip!)

(EDIT: Cain as an archer only had KP 19, not 20...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

While I have never used the Wifi Shop myself, I believe you buy the items using the in game currency, not actual money, which is extremely helpful if you have money to spare. I have heard you can get Master Seals to promote your units earlier, if you feel the need, rare weapons, such as the Long Bow, which hits three spaces, and stat boosting items, such as the Angelic Robe. Again, I have never used it myself, but I do not think that I am wrong about this.

Also, if you are looking for easier ways to slay the Cavaliers early on, forging around five or six Might on Marth's Rapier should help, while also allowing Marth to gain more experience, if you end up having problems with that later on. Personally, I think forging either the Wing Spear or the Rapier to be great ideas, but Marth tends to do less damage than Caeda, plus, she can get some experience from ranged attacks, while Marth is pretty much stuck with close attacks, leaving him open to damage.

This is only my opinion, of course, and you should do whatever seems best for you.

thanx for the tips! wing spear "upgrade" is a good idea, Shiida is also my best unit...(and she's likely to double hit and dodge...)..., I might check out the Wi-Fi after the chapter .. besides the spears, some hunters/archers are making real problems too..., they take down unites, that cound't dodge a first attack..

the 4th level has more space, and doesn't feel as hard as the beginning of the 1st or 3rd chapter.., but it's still far from easy (with "no deaths").., would be cool, if there were a level, where you don't have to rush at the beginning, because enemies waves from two sides start moving in at the same time.. checked the walktru here, it has a good idea, of moving all untites up in the middel at the (left) "bridge"... there it's easier to take on both waves..

EDIT I: seems, as if I'm going to be stuck at chapter 4 for a while, it's really tough.... (the gameplay is extreme again, eventhough I found a good rhythm, you need also "luck" to survive, without receiving any criticals, surviving 2nd bow attacks, ect. ect....) instead of saving after an attack wave, I saved before a wave: having to to prepare all units after each re-start takes too long, so I used the 1st save like after turn 2-3 ,right before the first big battles begins......, hope I'll be able to make it to the 2nd save..

during the main waves, there are always one pair of characters up front, and 4 of my characters are fit for that role: Marth, Ogma, Jagen and Able...one of them has to dodge regularly or take much less damage.., if not, you end up having to heal 2 completly injured unites at once.. but the healers can't completly heal 2 at once.. (and I cant use Shiida up front, till the hunter in main wave is down...)

EDIT II:

almost made it thru the hardest part in chapter 4... but I was soooo stupidFacepalm_emote_gif.gif.. (and tired ,really...)., I couldn't recruit Mathis (there was no "talk to" choice...), and thought it was because he had already attack my units to often..., kept trying to recruit him with Shiida... , lost patience and killed him off.. then at that moment realised, Lena has to talk to him, not Shiidaohmy.gif

well, I found the "ideal pattern", just have to somehow repeat again... (it's less brutal then it first seemed to be..., but still allows no mistakes and really is "merciless")

@ Names:

Matthis (with two t's), Edrang/Draug (instead of Edgar/Draug??), also Nabarl seems very odd.. (would Narbal be correct??...)..., one name spelled wrong is ok, but 3 (or more??).. did Nintendo really only bring this game for the fans?? (and didn't expect any profit anyways??)

EDIT III:

finally recruited Matthis (without any deaths..), but there are still a few hunters around (with high Skl and Spd......) and the boss of course...

...hope the boss can be defeated with the frist try,,,,(gee_wiz_emoticon.gif ha ha..., laughter of a man sentenced to death..

EDIT IV:

just examened the boss.., he doesn't have a 2-range weapon!?blink.gifohmy.gif...., that's unexpected! glad I still took Edrang/Draug (hunter) and Cain (archer) with me., there was a point, where I was thinking of not risking them, cause they die fast.... (in this re-start, up to now, they've only received each 10 exp...., used Cain a few times during other re-starts..., but not on this one)..

...but still have to make it till the boss without casualties....

(omg!.. did a small mistake: went unprepared in range of one of the horsemen, but made it out alive..., I'm going to have to pause it here..., it's getting late and I'm tired..,

2 horsemen, 1 Knight and the boss still around...)

Edited by RaiTheNoblesse

Are you doing a run in which you need to recruit every possible character, or are you only trying to recruit the useful characters? If it is the second, I would suggest killing Matthis off.

As for saving, you should do everything you can to prepare your units before you even start the battle. You really should save the save point for after the first difficult part of the battle, if possible. Imagine if you beat all of the enemies coming at you, and then you lose an important character before you are able to get to the next save point. You would have to start from before you killed all of those enemies, which would make it take even longer to complete the chapter.

While you are on chapter four, make absolutely certain you recruit Merric, if you can manage it. In my opinion, he is one of the most helpful characters in the game. Also, if you feel the need for more units that can take a few hits when needed, I would suggest trying Barst out. This is also my opinion, but I think he is one of the best units in the game. In my current run, which is also on Hard 5, or Merciless difficulty, Barst is my best unit.