[FE8] Skirmish draft: Seth version

Janissary

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 5 players.

2. Lords, Tethys, and Orson are free for all to use.

3. Seth is draftable from chapter 9 on.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.

3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is allowed. There is no turn limit to them being free.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. The game will be played on hard mode.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter before chapter 9.

Darros: Seth, Kyle, Colm, Moulder, Syrene, Marisa

Cyron: Franz, Natasha, Artur, Duessel, Knoll, Myrrh

Janissary: Vanessa, Lute, Forde, Gilliam, Ewan, Rennac

CILouID: Gerik, Saleh, Cormag, Joshua, L'Arachel, Dozla

Ring Wraith: Tana, Garcia, Ross, Niemi, Amelia, Innes

Edited by Janissary

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll happily join in as long as someone can go over the rules with me in a bit more detail (of how to pick etc and stuff) I read the draft explanation but am still kind of lost.

Once three more people join, I will randomize the order of the draft. We take turns selecting characters to use until the draft able unit list is gone. The order will be as follows:

Round 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 2: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Round 3: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 4: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Round 5: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 6: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Once three more people join, I will randomize the order of the draft. We take turns selecting characters to use until the draft able unit list is gone. The order will be as follows:

Round 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 2: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Round 3: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 4: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Round 5: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Round 6: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Alright i'm in, If I do something wrong just tell me and I will correct the mistake. Can't wait to do my first Draft!

Not in.

You have 29 available units and 30 picks.

You should just do the traditional 4 teams with 7 rounds and just drop the last unit (Marissa).

I would think Seth would be taken after Kyle and Forde but right before Amelia.

Not in.

You have 29 available units and 30 picks.

You should just do the traditional 4 teams with 7 rounds and just drop the last unit (Marissa).

I would think Seth would be taken after Kyle and Forde but right before Amelia.

Fixed by making myrrh draft eligible.

It's 2am here so I'll stay up for like another 2 hours if i can then I'm going to bed and I'll pick then. Just letting you guys know because I'm GMT+0 London.

If you want, a nice practice is to send the person who picks after you a short list (usually around 5) of the order of people you would like to have. So you could PM Ring Wraith your top 5 picks and he can pick for you if you happen to be gone. That helps speed up the draft a little and allows the person after you to not have to wait if they are around.

Seth was first pick?? You might want to change that.

Skimishes and tower use is free. So Franz, Kyle, and Forde are all going to be better than Seth. And Amelia will be better aside from Chp 9 before her recruitment. And those are just the Paladins, There are several other non-paladins who will also contribute more than Seth will. Also, there will be 8 picks before you go again, you very well could end up with an Eirika solo for much of the early game. If you really want him, Seth should fall back to you with the 10th and 11th picks.

This is just friendly advice, in the end take who you want.

Seth was first pick?? You might want to change that.

Skimishes and tower use is free. So Franz, Kyle, and Forde are all going to be better than Seth. And Amelia will be better aside from Chp 9 before her recruitment. And those are just the Paladins, There are several other non-paladins who will also contribute more than Seth will. Also, there will be 8 picks before you go again, you very well could end up with an Eirika solo for much of the early game. If you really want him, Seth should fall back to you with the 10th and 11th picks.

This is just friendly advice, in the end take who you want.

He probably won't fall back. He's probably better than Forde and Kyle statistically (better defenses, negligable other stat losses to Forde, really only a strength loss to Kyle) and also comes with chance of being RNG screwed.

Seth is completly unusable in the 1st 9 chapters, he doesnt save any turns there, He is basically a Kyle/Forde who cannot get RNG screwed.

On avererage, Kyle's 20/1 stats beat Seth's in everything except LCK and RES. He has +10.5 HP, +3.5 STR +2 SPD +3.75 DEF. Thats a pretty huge lead in some key stats.

And Forde wins everywhere except for LCK, RES, and STR. STR is only .4 less.

Personally, I wouldn't take Seth until after the other 3 paladins, but my opinion doesnt matter. You guys should take who you want.