[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-14854-0-86877900-1458698519_thumb.png

I have been cheated of good stats..... why is your magic so low?

post-14854-0-08064200-1458698287_thumb.png

And why are you so BAD. I'm probably the only one that has cristoph being this bad. He can't even stand up to a normal Zombie......

Besides having these two in my party, I love this hack.

post-14854-0-72874900-1458698315_thumb.png

post-14854-0-87389100-1458698335_thumb.png

Now these two are great. You could learn a few things from these guys andre

Edited by TornadoGenerator456

I can't be the only one who sees that

That's not a skirt, that's a tunic. It looks exactly like the regular male mages' clothes. And the hair is not exactly the same as Lute's hair, it's slightly shorter. So yes, you're probably the only one. If it's the legs that bother you, that's nothing new in this series.

That's not a skirt, that's a tunic. It looks exactly like the regular male mages' clothes. And the hair is not exactly the same as Lute's hair, it's slightly shorter. So yes, you're probably the only one. If it's the legs that bother you, that's nothing new in this series.

Look out spooky boi legs

Did you try to use Link Arena? Because that happens when you enter in there. It can also make someones Magic 0.

Yep that's it.... this kind of remind me of that one Glitch in TLP Where near the end of the constellation Shons skill goes all the way down to one

Thanks for making this awesome hack, Alfred. It's the most memorable FE hacks I've played!

I have a little question, though. When I checked my characters' inventory, I found a yellow color at the number of tonic. When I came back after the world map, the yellow dissapeared. But, sometimes, it occured again. Is it kind of graphic error, maybe?

post-23044-0-47197600-1459088185_thumb.jpg

Edited by 123Lidwina321

So yeah, I've been playing this hack myself too and I thought I could share some of my opinions here! i actually made an account here for that reason
But first of all, this was amazing.
[spoiler=Character/Unit stuff]
355Hbqh.png

Fa is so great. Great Magic, pretty decent Speed and Skill, and man, is she tanky. Plus her tome completely wrecks knights. Personal weapons have always been good in the series, but hers and Shi's Judgelight are so good that I really had to refrain myself from spamming them. Oddly low Res for a magic unit, but really, seeing characters that are unconventional for FE standards is always something I enjoy in hacks.

I38vSGK.png

Magic Bows. Being able to hit both Defense and Resistance and doubling things is so important. Plus geez, why is her Res so fantastic? She is pretty much Leonardo from RD but actually good.

ztyPlm0.png
I, uh, didn't use him too much. *hides in a corner in shame*
But looking at his stats, Cristoph really has potential to be a great unit. Maybe I'll give him some levels with the Skirmishes and the Tower. It's just that Fighters are rarely my type of unit, especially early in the game.

JPvHRBK.png
Andre is a Trainee that is actually useful. I think he got a little Speed-screwed though. But I don't have many doubts about him catching up and being fantastic sooner or later.

7PnAoEe.png
Puledra has really low stats, true, but being able to do magical chip damage and heal is great enough to make him an invaluable unit. Plus, Slayer is a literal godsend.

gtXYXae.png
MANmus. This guy already had me sold on him in his recruitment dialogue. I've read here that for a lot of people he's been a meh unit, but he could tank everything for me. Sure, his Res isn't great, but the game gives you a Barrier staff (plus I'm tempted to give him Pluto as well) to at least slightly correct this shortcoming. His speed also isn't great, but he can utilize the Agile Axe well and he has great Con so at least he doesn't lose much Speed from his weapons, if at all. Plus being a flier he has access to Canto which is insanely fun.

aG5FhI6.png
Another unit that was absolutely fantastic to me. Speed and Skill are very high as expected from a Myrmidon, Strength + being sword-locked isn't much of an issue for her, however. She starts with very strong weapons, can get Mars from Garion early and can even utilize 1-2 range Swords later on (it does seem like her Magic growth is pretty alright too). And her Resistance is surprisingly good.

O9b8tzq.png

I didn't use him much, and when I used him, he was really awful. He did good damage... if he hit. Which sadly didn't happen often at all for me, even though his Skill isn't bad at all. And he doesn't even have nearly enough Speed to get two hits against anything except Zombies. He does have good HP and Defense, but I didn't really see much reason to use him. Please someone make me reconsider.

kjIda6s.png
Honestly, I've been scared to use him. He's a Trainee with Axes and he doesn't even get a personal Axe that has great Hit like Ross. Sorry D:

7lkrdh0.png
I love Schwarz. Strong, fast, reasonably durable and has the Agile Estoc right from the start which is just right in his hands. Plus having low Skill is not bad at all when you have Swords, at least. But for me he's been getting good Skill Level Ups too. And Canto is still fantastic.

qURX6sL.png
Is my Weiss Speed-screwed or should I give him weapons with less weight, maybe? He sometimes got doubled by enemies in Chapter 8, and while he took it like a boss, it still makes me worried for the later chapters. I adore him aside from that though. High Strength, fantastic Skill + Saturn which gives him even more of it so he can use Axes well and also very durable. Plus Canto is especially good on him.

36Q2z2y.png
THE GODDESS.
I love her. She is a good attacker especially with 1-2 range Swords, she can heal, she is pretty fast and not fragile in the slightest, and she's on horseback, which means Canto.

z95aQ86.png
Sae'rah wasn't able to do much for me at all, basically just getting very risky kills on enemies trying to get a Level Up. And she did Level Up once, and it was actually fantastic. I'll probably keep using her just because I love Soldier units.

k1MGG1N.png
Hah, I remember him having C-Rank in Swords when I first watched a playthrough of this so he couldn't use Solaris. Now he has B-Rank. Sneaky change there.
He's actually a pretty good Thief, too.

Helios was like Level 4 when he left my party. Stupidly good though, and his Level Ups make me salty.
yOYyJTw.png

[spoiler=Some Chapter stuff]
I really like how every chapter gives you small hints so that you can prepare accordingly to what's coming up. I've been playing Genealogy and Binding Blade before all this and those games are very generous with scares. Notable examples I especially liked were in Chapter 1 and 8, where you are usually still stuck in a defensive formation but the game encourages you to charge ahead at a certain time.

Especially Chapter 8. The first turns are a bit harder because you are scattered around but once you get control of the area and step out of the Shrine area it becomes very interesting, because while you can't rush through it, you do have to find a good speed to tackle things with because otherwise you'll get screwed over by the Centaur enemies.

Chapter 5 really wasn't bad. It's a bit of a puzzle, but especially if you use Menmus, the game gives you a lot of time and you are required to pay close attention and use your knowledge of movement ranges. I thought it was very creative myself. In the worst case, there's still a guide video for it.

I was very unlucky in Chapter 3. I did everything right the second time, but on my first attempt, Shi actually walked up to Garion and critted him with Judgelight.

I had more issues with Chapter 7. The Fog of War seems stupidly dense in this chapter (I think it's just two spaces) and there are a lot of enemies that can easily ambush and kill units like Letruffe. Especially if the Eyes are involved. And I think you only get one Lantern up to this point and no Torch staff so lighting the area for him with anyone else like Weiss or Menmus isn't possible if you split the group in two and use the lantern for the other group which also really needs it because of all those Bow users. (If you can actually get another Lantern I am so stupid.) Hoikade helping you is really appreciated, though. Plus, the section with Shiori really isn't hard when you use the pillars and equip her Candle in the right moment - which you can easily see when it is. I also sent Helios up there but she didn't really need his help.

Aside from these two big points, I just gotta say, without going into spoilers right now, that I love the plot and writing in this game as well and I can recommend anyone to play this hack if you are interested in it.

To end this all off, thanks so much for making this hack!

[spoiler=Some Chapter stuff]

I was very unlucky in Chapter 3. I did everything right the second time, but on my first attempt, Shi actually walked up to Garion and critted him with Judgelight.

...I don't really think that's a spoiler, but... the rescue mechanic is your friend there! And as it happens, Fa has enough con to keep that renegade from running off. Then you just hoist her off on Menmus later (...or not, depending on who you would rather train).