Ranged Aether on door glitch

I just thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has experienced this glitch, or can provide any insight as to why this happens.

So basically, I was messing around with the trial maps, and this happened:

Basically, Stefan had just attacked the door at melee range, and Ike tried to finish it with a ranged attack from Ragnel. And then he activated Aether. Which shouldn't happen at range, as far as I know. He proceeded to Aether repeatedly (it actually went on a lot longer than the video shows) until the game got bored and decided to open the door.

It seems I'm not the only one who's had this happen to them. I tried to get it to happen again, but it seems the chances are very low. Anyone have any idea what caused this? Maybe it have something to do with the door not having a Def value to halve.

Also, are Mastery Skills supposed to activate on doors? (So can, say, Astra work?)

Interesting. I wonder, would Colossus screw up because the door has no Con value? Or would Luna glitch up when trying to halve the door's nonexistant Def value?

This Aether glitch is stanger, because Aether isn't supposed to work at range. Unless attacking doors uses a different set of calculations and they forgot to turn on the 'no Aether at range' flag there...