Exalted Legacy: REQUEST TOPIC

Arch

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

startingcatria2.gif

Trent/I Have Opinions was okay with you using his old Catria if you want, if someone wanted to fix it up they could as well.

Edited by Tryhard

Michalis.png

i just spent the whole day making this. anyone wanna touch it up go ahead, if not ya wanna use it arch?

Waiting for STEAM to download me all them gaemz so I figured I could throw a couple stones and hope something hits.

2nbytxg.png

It's still got a little bit of work left in it, mostly in the collar and the eyes, in my opinion. I was planning on doing this mug either way, so having a pretty solid base was absolutely divine to work from, so good job. c:

I kinda like the look of the golden shoulder pieces with the silver embroidery. But that's a really solid edit.

And also Catria and Nagi added to the sheet.

Non-smile talking frames are a bit dodgy and the eye frames are complete whack because I didn't know how to fix the issue with the eyes.

2ce511l.png

Not sure if others see it, but the far eye looks odd and in my opinion should be thinned but I can't do that because of the face angle, so I'm at a point where to make it work perfectly I'll have to do the face and I really can't be fucked.

Doesn't, actually.

Unless you want it to conform to the same bland pose about 90% of FE mugs are in, then sure, but who doesn't like things being a little interesting?

Yes

You do

In conversations he'll face the wrong way

Yes

You do

Isn't it just a unique stance like Vaida in FE7x? His eyes are looking that way. Considering if he's flipped it'll look weird that he's looking away from everyone he's talking to. Edited by Tryhard

Sonia, Igrene, Dorothy, Zephiel, Thany, Cath, Noah, Gonzales, Bartre, Echidna, Geitz, Karel, Renault, Rebecca, Brendan, Linus, Nergal, Franz, Vanessa, Innes, Lute, Cormag, Tethys, Ewan, Dozla, Rennac, Joshua, Tana, Valtar. All of these people (and many more) look away from others, and it's not that weird.

Sonia, Igrene, Dorothy, Zephiel, Thany, Cath, Noah, Gonzales, Bartre, Echidna, Geitz, Karel, Renault, Rebecca, Brendan, Linus, Nergal, Franz, Vanessa, Innes, Lute, Cormag, Tethys, Ewan, Dozla, Rennac, Joshua, Tana, Valtar. All of these people (and many more) look away from others, and it's not that weird.

Fair enough, but either way it's not necessary for a sprite to face some side unless I'm missing something.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

Behold, something that's not a mug! [T1 standing animation shown].
p1bdSCo.png
I'm working on a Marth animation (Both T1 and T2) because I can't simply let you reuse Eliwood's animation and get away with it. It's based on the Marth mug that's currently in use. The only problem I have right now is that I have no idea what the rest of his body is supposed to looks like. (In other words, it's not done yet.)

In the meantime, have some item icons that you can use.
0CTxS0d.png
At least they're not copy-paste from FE3.

Edited by Kiseki

Yes

You do

Would say a lot about the character if they're facing the wrong way. Arrogance, callous disdain, etc.

If that's what you're going for sure then go for it

Just saying his back will face towards the centre as opposed to the far sides eg if he's on the right side of the screen he'll face the right side of the screen instead of the usual left and vice versa. I'm not saying it won't work or anything he'll just have his back to everyone

Arran literally doesn't give a single shit.

Would say a lot about the character if they're facing the wrong way. Arrogance, callous disdain, etc.

Unfortunately Arran really... isn't like that from what little characterisation he gets, more like remorseful.

whatever it's just a sprite

Edited by Tryhard

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

RTiLf2u.png

Behold, something that's not a mug! [T1 standing animation shown].

I'm working on a Marth animation (Both T1 and T2) because I can't simply let you reuse Eliwood's animation and get away with it. It's based on the Marth mug that's currently in use. The only problem I have right now is that I have no idea what the rest of his body is supposed to looks like. (In other words, it's not done yet.)

GabrielKnight made a pretty badass Marth (or at least made most of it) that I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing

GabrielKnight made a pretty badass Marth (or at least made most of it) that I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing

Really? Guess I'll have to look for it then. Scratch that. Link me to it.

I think it looks fine as is. Besides, there were a number of mugs in other games (especially FE4 and 6) that did this and nobody threw a fit.

Edited by Kiseki

Really? Guess I'll have to look for it then.

I think it looks fine as is. Besides, there were a number of mugs in other games (especially FE4 and 6) that did this and nobody threw a fit.

I agree. Someone went with remorseful to describe Arran, so the no eye contact bit may also work in that context.

24m81t2.png

Was that really necessary? Not trying to be rude, but now he's looking off at something in the distance. It was perfectly fine the way it was.