More than two throwing axes in FE7?

Caliban of Sycorax

I'd like to have a heirarchy of throwing axes similar to throwing spears, but is it possible to have three throwing axes? I'm aware the game hangs if you make another throwing axe that isn't the Hand Axe/Tomahawk. I also changed the spell animation and everything.

To use a "magic" axe, you need to take out the "wait for the hand axe to return" command on the hand axe animation and basically have it as a second copy of the animation for "magic axes".

If you want a THIRD throwing axe to use the same animation, like say a "short axe"... you will have to add that item to use the hand axe animation just like the Tomahawk and Hand Axe do... for EVERY CLASS ANIMATION THAT USES AXES.

That's pretty much a pain.

^can you elaborate because a lot of people want to do this and no one really knows how and I'm really not interested in researching stuff that has already been done before

EDIT: for the record I'm not one of those people but people have asked me about it and I've never needed a 3rd handaxe sooo :\

Edited by soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm

If you want a THIRD throwing axe to use the same animation, like say a "short axe"... you will have to add that item to use the hand axe animation just like the Tomahawk and Hand Axe do... for EVERY CLASS ANIMATION THAT USES AXES.

That's pretty much a pain.

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks for the info.

And IIRC, a couple of the animations still glitch, like hero/general.

^

I'm pretty sure people tried to just add it to the battle animation data and it still didn't work so I'd guess it had something to do with how the "spell" animation is loaded in the animation data or something

But no I don't actually know

also blazer i hope you aren't implying you don't know how because that doesn't make sense if you've inserted custom animations that use axes

the only custom animations I have that use axes don't use hand axes and never have a chance to do so :P yay for using circumstance to not have to do more work and save myself from more grueling work inb4 someone calls me lazy

also my name is soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm not blazer get it right

^

I'm pretty sure people tried to just add it to the battle animation data and it still didn't work so I'd guess it had something to do with how the "spell" animation is loaded in the animation data or something

But no I don't actually know

the only custom animations I have that use axes don't use hand axes and never have a chance to do so :P yay for using circumstance to not have to do more work and save myself from more grueling work inb4 someone calls me lazy

also my name is soiweuqjasdklirewvxzcbnm not blazer get it right

god you're lazy, blazer

And IIRC, a couple of the animations still glitch, like hero/general. Or do they not do that anymore?

they glitched the last time i checked:

generalrangedaxeglitch.png

herorangedaxeglitch.png

the animations only glitch on the return of the axe when the unit uses a throwing axe at 1 range (no glitch on 2 range). tried this with both a 1-2 range steel axe and a 1-2 range short spear using the axe animation, so it's not because it was a steel axe...

if you don't care about animations (and you shouldn't let that in the way of implementing more 1-2 range axes), then just ignore that. i don't even know how many people play with animations past a certain point anyway because after you've seen them once, then you've seen them all.

Edited by dondon151

I could probably fix those, if you guys wanted. It'd be a simple matter of redoing the animation using FEditor, instead of using IS's, and with Cam's script converter, that'd probably make it fairly easy... :P