HxD Question

Jamesiluce

Just noticed that in HxD when looking at where I inserted my events that all the Space from D80000 till the last offset has been filled with text. Is this bad? I mean I'm sure it is but idk what I did to make it that way.

FEditor Adv probably put it there when you edited your text. Actually, what text is it? Is it the stuff that you tried to put it a while back and started screwing up on you?

FEditor Adv probably put it there when you edited your text. Actually, what text is it? Is it the stuff that you tried to put it a while back and started screwing up on you?

It was text from the original script. I'm assuming near the end of the game because it mentioned Athos and TBH I haven't ever played the game all the way through so IDK where in the script it was. Then I just kept scrolling down and couldn't find any free space because the text took it all up. But my own text was at the offsets at the very end.

feditor writes new text to free space

when you do a mass search/replace you're changing every instance where the search is matched, creating a shitton of new text

I see so should text editing be the last think I do? That way I have room for events and maps.

It's generally better to just replace each instance as it comes rather than use search + replace. Unless you're doing a reskin your character's name will only need to be "replaced" once or twice. Everything else will probably be new text so searching + replacing is pointless.

It's generally better to just replace each instance as it comes rather than use search + replace. Unless you're doing a reskin your character's name will only need to be "replaced" once or twice. Everything else will probably be new text so searching + replacing is pointless.

I see... this is starting to be alot to remember