Terrasurgence: Information discussion + chat

ReformBlade

A few questions:

1. Do you have some sort of program to use for the grid system? Preferably one that you and the players can edit? That seems like something you would need.

2. What constitutes an 'action' (something that would cost an action point). Is movement included in an action? Is one attack= 1 AP?

3. Do you have a method for determining turn order between players?

I assume story/background info will be coming later.

A few questions:

1. Do you have some sort of program to use for the grid system? Preferably one that you and the players can edit? That seems like something you would need.

2. What constitutes an 'action' (something that would cost an action point). Is movement included in an action? Is one attack= 1 AP?

3. Do you have a method for determining turn order between players?

I assume story/background info will be coming later.

1: At the moment, no, though I'm fairly certain there's something out there for just this purpose. Right now I'm basically just taking a grid and doctoring it up in MSPaint, it's trashy but it works. I'll look for a more streamlined solution, though if you have one my ears are open.

2: An action is either an Attack or a Skill usage by the player. Movement does not cost a thing, and yes, Attacks will cost 1AP.

3: Turn order will just be in two phases. Player > Enemy > ad infinitum. Players will tell either me or my MYSTERY CO-GM if they're going to take action or not (you are allowed to abscond), and then they can go. I don't want a clusterfuck of every person going at once which will just... No, not even indulging that thought.

And yeah, story will be coming a little bit later, probably tomorrow.

Edited by ReformBlade

Once all the world information is up expect a signup by me as well

Edit: haha, it seems some is up already, actually... Even better.

Edited by roymbrog

More questions:

1. Armsmaster- Does this increase the damage of each shot by two or something else? Increasing per shot seems like it could be troublesome with the ability to fire ten shots in a single attack.

2. Skills- So do skills usually have to roll to hit or not (offensive ones obviously)?

3. Skill ranges- If a skill doesn't have a range listed (X spaces away) can it affect any space on the map?

4. Rounding- Is there a general rounding rule to follow?

5. Bonuses- Do bonuses add separately or multiplicatively?

Getting into the small details here, but might as well address such things sooner rather than later.

Edited by -Cynthia-

More questions:

1. Armsmaster- Does this increase the damage of each shot by two or something else? Increasing per shot seems like it could be troublesome with the ability to fire ten shots in a single attack.

2. Skills- So do skills usually have to roll to hit or not (offensive ones obviously)?

3. Skill ranges- If a skill doesn't have a range listed (X spaces away) can it affect any space on the map?

4. Rounding- Is there a general rounding rule to follow?

5. Bonuses- Do bonuses add separately or multiplicatively?

Getting into the small details here, but might as well address such things sooner rather than later.

1: That has been addressed, thank you for bringing it up. I've edited the first post regarding that, people should check it out at this time.

2: Skills will have to roll to hit, yes. If this looks like it'll become a problem later, I can adjust accordingly.

3: All skills should have ranges, if clarification is needed I'll be more than happy to elaborate and alleviate confusion.

4: Rounding can get pretty complicated, but for the most part, check with me or a GM first. I'll say right now (cannot stress this phrase enough) that rounding up will be the general case.

5: Bonuses are done separately.

Also, while I'm glad peeps are interested and you're totally allowed to do your own signups and I can't really say you're not allowed to signup, I am still in the middle of making this (can't stress that enough either), so things in your signup may be subject to change.

Just a few things...

1. The description for Lava Lash seems to be cut off.

2. Does the powered up version of Heat Ray hit *all* units twice, or all units in the front row twice?

3. Not sure Regrowth is very balanced compared to Soothe in a group setting. Regrowth can heal 100(or 200%) of the user's power to 5 people, Soohte heals .75 to one with a def boost if powered up. Given that Regrowth is tier 1 and Soothe is tier 3...yeah.

4. Several skills still reference range or spaces instead of rows (Poison Dart, Chain Lightning, Flare Burst, Decoy).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Changed a lot of things in this, added a whee bit of info towards the story section (just a few vague in world things) also Ignore the last message from me. Come hell or high water I'm gonna do this fucking thing even if it kills my internet presence.

• 1 month later...

I know you said ignore it, but if you still want help I can be of some assistance. The RP I run works quite similarly to this one, so I am at least interested in what you do with it. I'll sign up as a player instead when you start signups, if you don't need help that is.

• 2 months later...