The best couples

Mister Cold

I was wondering has anyone ever thought about who gives who the best offspring, for post game?

What do you think is the best?

Not including MU ofcourse, because he'd be the best partner for everyone.

I think:

Krom + Oliva

Luna + Royal Weapon + Sword Expert + Lightning Speed + (Limit Breaker/)Pass/Vantage

Str +2, Mag +1, Skl +3, Spd +3, Lck +2, Def -1, Res -1

Yes, please :D

Liz + Henry

Wrath + Vantage + Lightning Speed + Vengeance + (Limit Breaker/)Crimson Curse

Str +0 Mag +4 Skl +2 Spd +1 Lck +1 Def +1 Res +1

Wrath + Vantage + Vengeance gives tons of fun :D

Olivia + Krom

Weapon Saver + Sol + Luna + Royal Weapons + (Limit Breaker/)Lightning Speed

Str +2, Mag +1, Skl +3, Spd +3, Lck +2, Def -1, Res -1

Sol and Luna +royal weapons gives a high activation rate (with Limit breaker it hits 60% chance iirc)

Weapon saver + royal weapons hits (close to) 100% mark, making it one cheap char to finish maps with.

Mariabel + Libera

Magic Expert + Life Absorb + Luna + Magic Slayer + (Limit breaker/)Renewal

Str -2 Mag +4 Skl +3 Spd +1 Lck +3 Def -2 Res +4

not much to say (can you tell I love Luna/Sol)

Soiree + Vake

Luna + Weapon Saver + Vantage + Sol + (Limit Breaker/)Axe/Sword Expert

Str +3 Mag -2 Skl +4 Spd +4 Lck +0 Def +0 Res -1

Sumia + Gaia

Lightning Speed + Luna + Sol + Vantage + (Limit Breaker/)acrobatics

Str +0 Mag +0 Skl +4 Spd +6 Lck -1 Def -2 Res +2

Tiamo + Sol

Weapon Saver + Sol + Lighnting Speed + Luna + (Weapon Breaker/)Vantage

Str +4 Mag +0 Skl +4 Spd +3 Lck -2 Def +3 Res +0

Vake works aswell, he has more speed and STR, but less Luck and Def.

Serge + Ronku

Sol + Vantage + Astra + Renewal + (Limit Breaker/)Secluded Lady

Str +4 Mag +1 Skl +3 Spd +3 Lck +1 Def +1 Res -2

Velvet + Ronku

Wrath + Vantage + Astra + Sword/Axe expert + (Limit breaker/)Pass/Acrobatics

Str +3 Mag +0 Skl +6 Spd +7 Lck +0 Def +0 Res -2

Those stats :3, too bad Ronku is used twice now

Miriel + Richt

Life Absorb + Renewal + Magic Expert + Luna + Limit breaker

Str +0 Mag +6 Skl +2 Spd +2 Lck +2 Def -2 Res +1

Sariya + Viole

Luna + Life absorb + Magic Expert + Magic Slayer + (Limit Breaker/) Crimson Curse

Str +1 Mag +4 Skl +2 Spd +4 Lck -3 Def +0 Res +1

Nono + Callum

Life Absorb + Luna + Renewal + movement +1/Lethality + (Limit Breaker/)Pass/Movement +1

Str +3 Mag +2 Skl +1 Spd -3 Lck +0 Def +7 Res +3

That Defence.

What do you guys think would be the best(none MU) couples.

If this has been done before I'm sorry (must have missed them)

Edited by Mister Cold

I don't feel like going pair by pair, but I will say that Sol and Lightning speed are among the best skills, and they play a big part in how I pair for post game. Specifically, Gaia and Donny can pass the Pegasus Knight class tree to females who wouldn't otherwise get it, making them great fathers for Nn, Noire, and/or Degel. Likewise, Grego and Vaike can pass Sol, so they so they should always father someone (other than Selena, Azure or Jerome).

And while MU would obviously be the best partner for anyone, it is worth finding the best for him/her. Krom or his son can pass Royal Weapon, Lucina or her sister can pass Aether, and Inverse can pass Dark Blessing, all useful skills Mark couldn't otherwise get.

I don't feel like going pair by pair, but I will say that Sol and Lightning speed are among the best skills, and they play a big part in how I pair for post game. Specifically, Gaia and Donny can pass the Pegasus Knight class tree to females who wouldn't otherwise get it, making them great fathers for Nn, Noire, and/or Degel. Likewise, Grego and Vaike can pass Sol, so they so they should always father someone (other than Selena, Azure or Jerome).

And while MU would obviously be the best partner for anyone, it is worth finding the best for him/her. Krom or his son can pass Royal Weapon, Lucina or her sister can pass Aether, and Inverse can pass Dark Blessing, all useful skills Mark couldn't otherwise get.

The best stats wise is always a second Gen char,

I'm planning on using Lucina + MU(m) for Mark(f).

altho getting +7 speed without MU involvment is pretty nice (on Chambray)

and on the Bolded part, does that mean Azure (on my list Chrom + Olivia) can pass down Royal Weapons.

Did not know that :O, starting with a female M it is :D

and on the Bolded part, does that mean Azure (on my list Chrom + Olivia) can pass down Royal Weapons.

Did not know that :O, starting with a female M it is :D

Yes. Or Brady, if Chrom goes with Mariabel.

No, it is. You don't even mention the number crunch part in the topic name or description. It only came up in the topic post.

Best Couples(Not MU) has nothing to do with what you're asking in your post. Which is best possible kid combinations.

Edited by Fanfaire

No, it is. You don't even mention the number crunch part in the topic name or description. It only came up in the topic post.

Best Couples(Not MU) has nothing to do with what you're asking in your post. Which is best possible kid combinations.

He posted pairings and stats.

Just because someone has magical numbers in their posts doesn't mean that they're the most efficient ever, or that there is no personal preference behind them. You can use numbers and still have an opinion.

Relax.

My pairings:

Krom-Olivia

Liz-Libera

Mariabel-Viole

Sully-Sol

Sumia-Frederick

Tiamo-Callum

Serge-Vake

MU(F)-Henry

Velvet-Grego

Miriel-Richt

Sariya-Ronku

Nono-Donny

I wouldn't say they're the best, but they seem like fun ones to do.

Edited by L95

I'm planning on Inverse x MU, because I like the ability to use Dark Magic in any class.

Pretty sure they can only use Dark Magic in classes that can use regular magic. So.. Mage/Sage, Valkyrie, Dark Pegasus, Dark Knight, and Strategist/Grandmaster (and DLC Demon Fighter - but Mark(F) and Inverse are female, so nope.) gain access to Dark Magic.

Yes, the best couple pairings to make the best kids. You are pairing the kids off. At any rate. Hi, this is the FE fandom, We are number crunchers. If you haven't learn this by now, where have you been?

He posted pairings and stats.

Just because someone has magical numbers in their posts doesn't mean that they're the most efficient ever, or that there is no personal preference behind them. You can use numbers and still have an opinion.

Relax.

My pairings:

Krom-Olivia

Liz-Libera

Mariabel-Viole

Sully-Sol

Sumia-Frederick

Tiamo-Callum

Serge-Vake

MU(F)-Henry

Velvet-Grego

Miriel-Richt

Sariya-Ronku

Nono-Donny

I wouldn't say they're the best, but they seem like fun ones to do.

You didn't read what I said. If you look at just the Topic name and description it doesn't mention children or number crunching anywhere. It's only after you get into the topic that kids and number crunches appear out of nowhere while the topic name and description easily alluded on "Best couples" which could be taken as opinion. Such as who you do think are the best couples? If it had said "Best Couples for Offspring" or the such than it wouldn't have been misleading at all. It didn't thus the topic was very misleading.

Furthermore, best couples could include the kid couples as well from the description that was given. Obviously that isn't the case considering that while the topi said best the OP instead wants to know about getting the best kids thus not best couples but best couples for offspring which rules out the kids since they can't have kids outside getting with MU.

Edited by Fanfaire

You didn't read what I said. If you look at just the Topic name and description it doesn't mention children or number crunching anywhere. It's only after you get into the topic that kids and number crunches appear out of nowhere while the topic name and description easily alluded on "Best couples" which could be taken as opinion. Such as who you do think are the best couples? If it had said "Best Couples for Offspring" or the such than it wouldn't have been misleading at all. It didn't thus the topic was very misleading.

Furthermore, best couples could include the kid couples as well from the description that was given. Obviously that isn't the case considering that while the topi said best the OP instead wants to know about getting the best kids thus not best couples but best couples for offspring which rules out the kids since they can't have kids outside getting with MU.

If you want, you could always create a topic called "Favorite Couples" or something like that, as a place to discuss what you came here for. I can't guarantee it won't devolve into a flame war, as pairing discussions are wont to do, but it could be worth making regardless.

Perhaps, though it would be best if mix ups like this are avoided entirely in the future if possible.

There is no mix-up. One person just happened to bring up a few numbers as one aspect of his musings. Stop whining.

Uhh.. Must I spell it out to you? No, I wont even waste my time. Go read my previous post, it clearly details what the mix up is.

Next time do a little less patronizing and a little more reading before making such baseless assumptions.

Uhh.. Must I spell it out to you? No, I wont even waste my time. Go read my previous post, it clearly details what the mix up is.

Next time do a little less patronizing and a little more reading before making such baseless assumptions.

Hush now, baby, grown-ups are talking numbers.

Patronisation aside, the point is not that anyone has failed to understand your problem. It's that nobody sees it as a problem except evidently you. Honestly, I think you just have a penchant for being awkward and annoying.

Anyway...

Unfortunately, I've not played the game yet and I don't know enough about the mechanics to give an opinion on pairings. I'm likely to just go with whatever I think fits into the story, but if I can get Vantage and Wrath on anyone (I notice Wood and Chambray are capable of it), then I'm likely to, because that combination was nearly unstoppable on Mia and Nephenee in FE Tellius.

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Patronisation aside, the point is not that anyone has failed to understand your problem. It's that nobody sees it as a problem except evidently you. Honestly, I think you just have a penchant for being awkward and annoying.

Anyway...

Unfortunately, I've not played the game yet and I don't know enough about the mechanics to give an opinion on pairings. I'm likely to just go with whatever I think fits into the story, but if I can get Vantage and Wrath on anyone (I notice Wood and Chambray are capable of it), then I'm likely to, because that combination was nearly unstoppable on Mia and Nephenee in FE Tellius.

If you can, get Wrath + Vantage + Vengeance

since wrath and Vantage only works under 50% HP.

that's 25% of your HP more damage (60 max HP => need 30 for Vantage => 15 more dmg / hit)

Edited by Mister Cold

Anyway...

That's the thing, I clearly explained what the issue was and that Best Couples has very little to anything to do with what the OP wanted which was best pairing for the best possible offspring. Best Couples would have involved all characters. What the OP wanted was just First Gen characters to make super babies. See the issue there?

That's the thing, I clearly explained what the issue was and that Best Couples has very little to anything to do with what the OP wanted which was best pairing for the best possible offspring. Best Couples would have involved all characters. What the OP wanted was just First Gen characters to make super babies. See the issue there?

OP is discussing best couples in terms of the most prominent gameplay implications: children. If you want to discuss other standards of a "best couple", I'm sure no one will stop you.

Unless you keep whining in the process of doing so. Then we'll keep telling you to shut the fuck up, because your tantrums are frankly quite tiring.

changed the thread title, now please, drop it.

Edited by Mister Cold