Level-Up Animation Question

ThisProfileNoLongerUsed

When you say "reprogram", what do you mean?

As in, it's taking apart how the game is built. Like how the battle formulas, exp formulas, the things that perform the math for damage, etc.

How spells show special effects during the time being cast. Those things.

As in, it's taking apart how the game is built. Like how the battle formulas, exp formulas, the things that perform the math for damage, etc.

How spells show special effects during the time being cast. Those things.

Ah, I gotcha.

Okay, but how do I get there? Is this "Assembly Hacking" thing a program, or is it in Nightmare, or what?

Okay, but how do I get there? Is this "Assembly Hacking" thing a program, or is it in Nightmare, or what?

Assembly hacking is modifying the game. It is looking at the game, what it is doing to perform a task, and modifying it. Modifying an animation that has no documentation/information about it is no small feat.

Assembly is a... programming language. In the FE community it's usually considered the highest level of hacking somebody can do. It is almost nothing like Nightmare nor is there one "program" to do it for you. That's what makes it so hard. Think of it as breaking down the game using little to nothing but your own knowledge and then writing code to reprogram it. :|

I personally don't really know the difference between FE6 and FE7's level-ups but if the only differences are palettes, graphics, and animation data, you may not need ASM... sadly this is something you'd have to research on your own :|

Assembly is a... programming language. In the FE community it's usually considered the highest level of hacking somebody can do. It is almost nothing like Nightmare nor is there one "program" to do it for you. That's what makes it so hard. Think of it as breaking down the game using little to nothing but your own knowledge and then writing code to reprogram it. :|

I personally don't really know the difference between FE6 and FE7's level-ups but if the only differences are palettes, graphics, and animation data, you may not need ASM... sadly this is something you'd have to research on your own :|

I gotcha.

And yeah, it's not really big, it's just replacing the "Level Up!" with that fancy font Level Up thing in FE7.

open it up, open the image window, then the palette window, in the palette window, check the Greyscale box.

Then in the image window just scroll through the image numbers 'till you find the level up. Then find the palette using a tutorial from Hacking Resources, and you can pretty much figure out the rest if you use the UT's GBAGE chapter as a reference :P