Order in which to do things?

The Purple Knightmare

My friend started using FE Editor and Nightmare and then showed me as he knew I wanted to make my own Fire Emblem game for a while, and back when he did tell me about them, he said that he had to edit sprites or something before opening Nightmare, cause once you use Nightmare, parts of FE Editor no longer work on the same rom.

I have procrastinated for a while but am feeling up to making my own Fire Emblem game but I don't remember exactly what he said, and if I reasked him I wouldn't get much from him, so is there anything in hacking a Fire Emblem game that must be done before doing another thing?

Once you start adding patches to your rom then it might not work in FEditor anymore.

And if you don't want any issues with Nightmare and FEditor just use Nightmare 2.

I usually just use FEditor, then GBAGE, then Nightmare, edit all the crap, use some EA, edit some text in FEditor then apply any patches i might want.

Once you start adding patches to your rom then it might not work in FEditor anymore.

this is a lie, just fix the checksum yourself

And if you don't want any issues with Nightmare and FEditor just use Nightmare 2.

nightmare 1 won't cause any errors with feditor if you're not stupid

Just don't have nightmare and FEditor have the rom open at the same time to avoid screwups with mixing the two up.

If you save one and then save the other they'll undo each other's changes. It generally doesn't result in anything screwing up, just a lot of frustrating and having to do stuff again.