Do you replay Lyn's story before going into Hector's or Eliwoods story

Serene

Do you  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Yes
    • No

As we all know, if you play Lyn's story you get to keep the level's that are gained for the character's. If you don't, some of them start out at level 1. So do you replay Lyn's story

I always do, and in my current playthrough, I Lundgren abused so much (Kent as a level 1 Paladin, Sain as a level 17 Cavalier, Dorcas as a level 17 fighter, etc), so I can spend more time raising the characters I recruit in Hector's/Eliwood's story.

Plus, I actually want to make Lyn usable, because I'm sure diving into Hector Hard Mode with a level 1 Lyn is suicide.

How does Lyn's story adversely affect ranked runs?

It changes a few things:

Funds-Lyn's funds rank nets you a better gem when she re-appears depending on how high it was.

Combat-Returning characters are more likely to ORKO.

Tactics-Returning characters can help you finish faster

Survival-Returning characters will live better

Experience-Returning character won't get as much.

It obviously helps more than it hurts, I just don't because I want to get it over with.

Of course. As I find it boring, I now have a file saved on Chapter 10. I should do it again but this time get Nils to level Seven and promote Sain/Kent by boss-absuing that Eagler chap before I do Chapter 10. So I can get a better team for Hector/Eliwood mode.

I can't miss the scroll typos as well. Go into Hector mode after doing Lyn Hard Mode. Read the scroll. Since when was Hector's name Eliwood?

Lyn Mode prevents Lucius from flat out sucking in the main game. (He's the only one who truely stays level one in Lyn Mode, Dorcas also doesn't change level and statwise) I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't do Lyn Mode. Still, I think I might try Lundgren abuse sometime, it sounds interesting.

Lundgren abuse also levels up Serra and Nils unintentionally, so it helps getting chapter 19xx.

Though it's hard to abuse Erk as he tends to kill Lundgren at level 10 and up. I'm guessing Lucius can reach level 15 before he starts to kill Lundgren easily.

It's very time consuming though, unless you're on an Emulator.

Not to mention boring and tedious. The only character I Lundgren abuse is Wallace, and only if I plan on using him. Nobody else needs to be Lundgren abused: they're fine on their own.

Always, the extra exp is invaluable.

And I'm sure you can't get 18xx if you skip it.

Do you mean 19xx?

If so, then Nils needs to have reached level 7 or higher in Lyn's mode if you want to get to Chapter 19xx.

Edited by Fireman