What are your strategies?

Liz

Lord and Social Knights at front, and archers right behind. Weaken and kill, and if they get strong enough to one round, make a new little group to help other units level up. Boss abusing too. Besides FE4, I use this strategy a lot.

Small groups kill small sections for a healthy amount of EXP to share all around.

I tend to kill all the enemy as fast as possible. And I have a fondness of magic users, so I use them alot.

Or I'll play "Hit and Run" tactic, usually with flying units.

Like with most people, it depends on the situation at hand. (In FE7, for the chapter where I have to defend Zephiel, I just split it up. For the next-to-last chapter, not counting the Gaiden chapter that follows, the bulk of my team goes to the south path, while Lyn and some of my flyers go to the middle path.)

But my strategy usually involves a little search and destroy.

Step 1: Arena/boss/savestate abuse

*coughiwouldn'teveradmitthisasoneofmybeststrategiescough*

....Oh crap. I just admitted!

Or, alternately, just send Sety.

Sety is cheap. =/

but so is narga >_>

Yes, I'm aware that the only thing cheaper than Holsety-using Sety is a Holsety-using Sety with rings.

But, what of it?

I don't think it can be counted as a strategy if he is cheap like that.

Sending a killing machine off to the map, so he can take care all of the enemies is not a strategy. >_<

Sending one cheap guy to do all the kills doesn't require thinking at all. It was simply a slaughter.

Especially in FE4. -_-

Edited by Tiltyu

Completely offense-oriented strategy. I never focus on Supports because I'll never have two characters that close to each other, and long enough to see any real benifits.

I also get lots of EXP for weaker characters.

Every time I play, I use ONLY the characters that I'll bring to the last level. I dump just about every other character.

You don't need much thinking if you have an irresistible force at your disposal.

Bu-but...but--

Oh hell. I can't argue back on this!

*is pretty much also guilty*

Lakche

Divide and conquer. I try to kill as many enemies as I can before I end the chapter. I tend to put my best units in range of a bunch of enemies and watch the destruction unfold on the enemy phase. Stave abuse so my units are as close to max HP as much as possible. I put my characters against as many enemies as I think they can take.

Edited by KSFF2150

Make sure everyone is on the same level, whoever has the least experience gets the kills next. Unless I'm playing FE9 to get Ike and Sothe to 20 for RD.

For defenses, you've gotta love that solid wall of allies maneuver, and if I'm confident they'll survive, it's more effective to put them into a more offensive V formation, with archers/mages behind them. I also love to rescue a really good character like Hawkeye with a pegasus knight, carry him/her over a mountain, then have said character wail on some enemies.

Edited by Yourgranny

Slowly (unless time requirement)

form a defensive "wall" and charge

any enemies and weakened with a "weakener unit" then finished with units that need training.

I also box in archers and nomad ect and continuesly attack for XP.

Also I pull a "sceptre" and form a doubled row line to isolate each side of the attacking enemies. In snes game (where they send globs of units at you at once) this works.